ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to former UofL coach John L. Smith

JLS is a great example of the Peter Principle in football coaching. He can be and has been successful as a head coach at sub-Top 40 programs. And he probably can't be too successful above that level.

Glad to see him find his niche in a place he wants to be...

Reactions: gocds
JLS is a great example of the Peter Principle in football coaching. He can be and has been successful as a head coach at sub-Top 40 programs. And he probably can't be too successful above that level.

Glad to see him find his niche in a place he wants to be...
Leave it to you to know about the "peter" principle, but your statement makes no sense. Of course he was successful at a sub-top 40 program, which means ranked from 1-40. Why would he want to be successful above that or outside top 40?

Leave it to you to know about the "peter" principle, but your statement makes no sense. Of course he was successful at a sub-top 40 program, which means ranked from 1-40. Why would he want to be successful above that or outside top 40?
Irrefutable proof that Lawrenceburg water will dissolve gray cells.

For the mentally challenged besides this guy, sub-Top 40 means ranked worse than 40. Although I'm not at all sure anyone besides him-- o_O --didn't understand that.

For the mentally challenged besides this guy, sub-Top 40 means ranked worse than 40. Although I'm not at all sure anyone besides him-- o_O --didn't understand that.
Let's see sub means under so ... under top 40 doesn't mean what YOU think? And wiki doesn't even offer a difinition. Try again!

Top and sub used together is a oxymoron, well at least we know you are a moron..

Funny thing is, he probably won't be there for long. He's in talks to be the first coach of...are you ready for this.....your Bellarmine Knights.

John L. calls in weekly to local afternoon sports show I listen to ...was saying how spread out their conference is and by seasons end they will have accumulated over 5,000 miles Riding a Bus to and from games......that's brutal...

I would think that Bellarmine would be playing schools like Union College, Campbellsville, Ky Wesleyan, etc. There are a lot of kids from Catholic schools here and Cincy that would be good choices for a new football team. Plus John L. would be a good choice for that kind of job.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Funny thing is, he probably won't be there for long. He's in talks to be the first coach of...are you ready for this.....your Bellarmine Knights.
That would be so freaking awesome!!! Id love to go to that campus on a cool fall night to watch their games. I honestly cant believe he even took the job at K state. They have looked like a sub par high school team in the past.

I would think that Bellarmine would be playing schools like Union College, Campbellsville, Ky Wesleyan, etc. There are a lot of kids from Catholic schools here and Cincy that would be good choices for a new football team. Plus John L. would be a good choice for that kind of job.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
If Bellarmiine could get a pipeline (which the could) from the local Catholic high schools, they would dominate whatever small conference they would play in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT