ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats on College Gameday.

SchmidtyNole

5000+
Feb 19, 2007
I am happy for you guys finally getting to host College Gameday. Let me just say enjoy the experience. I have been to Gameday many times at FSU and it is really fun. It is like you are at the center of the College Football universe for those three hours. Hopefully the game lives up to the billing and there are no injuries. I am excited about the game.

What did you like and dislike about Gameday? Also, can you provide any tips for those of us who have not been to one? Thanks, Schmidty.
Get there early if you want to get really close to the stage. There are tons of people that attend. Think of good signs that you can make and hold up while the show is going on. There is a person from ESPN that kind of choreographs when the crowd should cheer and make noise and when they should just chill and hold their signs up. The only bad thing about being there is sometimes you get a little tired of standing in place for three hours. The other thing is you while Herbie and the gang are piped up by speakers it is very hard to hear what they are saying because of the noise from the crowd. But they have giant screens for the crowd to see what game they are talking about. Basically you get to watch the show on that but again it is very hard to hear what they are saying because you have a lot of people there that are talking and making noise. But you can always DVR the show and watch later.

I am happy for you guys finally getting to host College Gameday. Let me just say enjoy the experience. I have been to Gameday many times at FSU and it is really fun. It is like you are at the center of the College Football universe for those three hours. Hopefully the game lives up to the billing and there are no injuries. I am excited about the game.
Suffice to say, GD wouldn't be here this weekend without the Noles...

The thing is, I don't think we should take any shots at FSU. I just hope they do the same. We are brothers now.
I kinda like a simple one-word message... "Puppies."

Is that meaningful yet comical enough not to offend? Let's ask Schmidty...

We are "brothers"? Seems a little much. Tasteful ribbing of an opponent seems appropriate.

Except good natured ribbing does not include Free Shoes University, Winston stealing crab, lobster, whatever, and their making fun of CBP on a motorcycle, Whoricane Katina and CRP's trist with Sypher. That is where this is going and I think that is crap. So, please tell us what your definition of good natured ribbing consists of because I think that would have been part of it. No holds barred against Stoops, Briles, Penn St., but we are in the same conference and those signs will paint us both in a bad light in front of millions of viewers who have probably forgotten all that stuff. So, yes, conference brothers and our mom is The ACC. Swofford can be Dad.

Reactions: JohnCard28
Except good natured ribbing does not include Free Shoes University, Winston stealing crab, lobster, whatever, and their making fun of CBP on a motorcycle, Whoricane Katina and CRP's trist with Sypher. That is where this is going and I think that is crap. So, please tell us what your definition of good natured ribbing consists of because I think that would have been part of it. No holds barred against Stoops, Briles, Penn St., but we are in the same conference and those signs will paint us both in a bad light in front of millions of viewers who have probably forgotten all that stuff. So, yes, conference brothers and our mom is The ACC. Swofford can be Dad.
I agree. We need to make the conference stronger as a whole. Let's not forget that FSU had a big part in our invitation to the ACC. Please keep it classy.

College Game Day finally comes here, we are going to be so amped and loud for the game. I can't wait!

As a Nole, I think Crabgate is fair game but a bit played out.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
What about the location? Cardinalsports.com said to be determined but I suggest the north end of the stadium since the game will start at noon and the Gameday crowd will need to get into the stadium quickly. Otherwise in the horseshoe in front of the Thinker would be nice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT