ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Cardinals - From a Purdue Fan

Dec 21, 2001
Life long Boiler fan here - I grew up in Indiana and Purdue was my team from the start. More lows than highs. I'm old enough to see Mark Herrmann lead Purdue to 3 consecutive bowl wins in the late 70s.

Jeff Brohm really rejuvenated the Purdue program from a historic low as the result of the previous coach (won't say his name). Brohm ignited some great fan enthusiasm and experiences right away in his first year and continued to build a successful program. In short, he left Purdue in a much better place than when he arrived. While we look forward to our new coach, I'm certain Jeff Brohm will be missed.

My family transplanted to NC years ago and the offspring go to NC State. I'll be there in Carter Finley when Louisville visits next year wearing my PURDUE gear to cheer on the Brohms. Those guys did Purdue proud. Good luck next year and please beat IU and ND.

The Purdue fans have been mostly classy re the coaching change. I will continue to wish Boilers success.

Reactions: Thordog
With the hiring of Walters,it looks like the AD at Purdue is hoping to merge defensive prowess with the excitement that JB brought to the offensive side to try and get to that next level.
With the expansion of the playoff system, it's certainly attainable. Thanks for the well wishes and same to you guys.

I gotta say - @Thordog I thought the head coaching hire was terrible at the time. Now after reading more about the guy and seeing that he plucked Graham Harrell from WVU I really think you all made a great hire. Young defensive coach did exactly what he should have - plucked a young, high powered OC to run his offense.

I'll be honest I hated Purdue after 2018 and Brohm turning us down but that move only went to show me what kind of guy Brohm is. I rooted against you guys since you then because I wanted Brohm to regret turning us down. But I'm gonna root for Purdue from here on out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT