ADVERTISEMENT

"Confuse and Clobber" - Insight Into Scott Satterfield's Offensive Mind

Mark Ennis

2500+
Apr 17, 2014
https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...-lsu-nc-state-appalachian-state-college-style

I believe I have shared this before on the board, but, I wanted to share it again because it is insightful when it comes to how Satterfield went from being the QB coach and OC for some of the earliest versions of spread/no-huddle option offenses (think App State upsetting Michigan) to his slower, physical version at App State and now at Louisville.

In particular, it's interesting that this is basically where Satterfield is *now*. It's the current version of a constantly evolving offense. But, it boils down to as everyone began to adopt some version of spread offenses and 3-5 WR sets and nickel and dime sets became more the base defenses for teams, Satterfield saw a chance to make defenses uncomfortable by challenging them with unfamiliar things like a big ass fullback/tight end and power running. It also helped that since those guys are in less demand elsewhere, they're easy to find and develop at a place like App State.

The question is, with access to better players at Louisville, do you stick with an underdog strategy? Or do we see over time as the roster becomes more his own, him press a talent advantage (in the future)?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News