ADVERTISEMENT

Commits

Not very good offer sheets . The No Star OL recruited by Division 3 schools and a 2 star CB with Sunbelt offers

It is a tough spot for any staff, they were hired for a reason. You really see the difference of hiring a coach from a lower level in the first year. They don't have the relationships with the players like someone from a power 5 school. They really aren't going to flip players. Add in the fact most players are committing in the early signing period they were behind the 8 ball for the get go.

It also clearly shows how poorly Petrino managed his roster. They are filling needs and you have to trust their ability to evaluate tape.

Next year class will be a a better indicator for the staffs recruiting ability.

About 50 of the 65 P5 have to “develop” talent because they don’t get elite talent on a consistent basis.

The rich get richer. Alabama and Clemson have around 40 four and five star players.

How many does NCST, OKST, Cuse, and on and on have?

If we don’t develop we won’t ever compete for the NC.

About 50 of the 65 P5 have to “develop” talent because they don’t get elite talent on a consistent basis.

The rich get richer. Alabama and Clemson have around 40 four and five star players.

How many does NCST, OKST, Cuse, and on and on have?

If we don’t develop we won’t ever compete for the NC.

I get that. It’s just very patchwork. The juco guy wasn’t even a top 300 juco. The TE is a converted OL. The one lineman only had offers from D2 schools. And the other guy at least originally had an offer from GaTech. I was glad to see we got a Florida grad transfer today.

We were applauding Satt for jettisoning the old commits, most of whom ended up signing with G5 schools. Offer sheet-wise these 4 commits seem less rated than the guys we jettisoned.

Reactions: teamcanada
I get that. It’s just very patchwork. The juco guy wasn’t even a top 300 juco. The TE is a converted OL. The one lineman only had offers from D2 schools. And the other guy at least originally had an offer from GaTech. I was glad to see we got a Florida grad transfer today.

We were applauding Satt for jettisoning the old commits, most of whom ended up signing with G5 schools. Offer sheet-wise these 4 commits seem less rated than the guys we jettisoned.
And JUCO rankings are pre-season and never updated. He was 1st team JUCO All American and Defensive Player of the Year in the Jayhawk Conference and National JUCO player of the week after a game where he scored 2 defensive TD;s in one game. Dudes a blur! Cort really wanted him and Ledford really wanted Gregory so in our coaches I trust! Them and Vince, the greatest AD in Louisville history!

And JUCO rankings are pre-season and never updated. He was 1st team JUCO All American and Defensive Player of the Year in the Jayhawk Conference and National JUCO player of the week after a game where he scored 2 defensive TD;s in one game. Dudes a blur! Cort really wanted him and Ledford really wanted Gregory so in our coaches I trust! Them and Vince, the greatest AD in Louisville history!

I’m glad they wanted those guys and obviously I have to trust their judgement. It’s just a bit concerning that Montgomery’s only offers were from Ark St and UT-San Antonio and that Gregory has D2 offers.

Reactions: Bird--man
Keep in my Satterfield system utilizes the tight end more in blocking than in the receiving game. Getting a converted Oline to play TE in his system isn't necessarily a bad thing. Obviously, he wouldn't fit in Petrino's system. I am not sure any of last years tight ends blocked the entire season. They lean on the run a bunch hence multiple 1,000 yard rushers.

Ledford turned a walk on into the best center in the country plus the rest of the Oline was developed as well. He knows what he wants and can develop. Why are we worried about who he has targeted? They missed on Bell and these are the backup plans.

Defense needs bodies and speed. Dennison is praised as a good recruiter, but questions him taking a JUCO. At this point you have to trust the staff. I get it he had no offers let see how it plays out. He seems to fit the scheme. I don't get hung up on measurables, the dude looks like he can play.

I’m glad they wanted those guys and obviously I have to trust their judgement. It’s just a bit concerning that Montgomery’s only offers were from Ark St and UT-San Antonio and that Gregory has D2 offers.
We will probably be getting a player real soon that has offers from just about every SEC West school. We also just got a grad transfer center from the Gators.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT