ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Playoff

College basketball was the exact same until they expanded the tournament. Now it is by far the best tournaments or sports viewing. It open doors to everyone.
True but the logistics for FB is far different along with the prep. You can’t play FB every other day and expect it to work.

Reactions: Mayoman
The FCS does it with less scholarship players.

If the P5 is as “strong” as we like to think, they should be able to do too.

Simple. The P5 gets an automatic bid for each conference champion and three at large for the Cincy’s of the world or additional P5’s
I would get rid of the conference championships. Most of the time it is just a replay of a regular season game. The finals in the playoffs may end up being a rematch but in a playoff format they earned it. Even conference haters can’t really say anything because it was decided on the field.

I would rather see the conferences best teams play each other instead of each other.

Reactions: rh62531
I’ll just say, yet again, in light of UC getting screwed and overlooked, thank you, Tom and Ramsey. You are welcome to go negative and recap their endings at UofL, but those guys worked magic to get us in the ACC. I don’t know about everyone else, but this fan is eternally grateful for their leadership during that time.

Simple. The P5 gets an automatic bid for each conference champion and three at large for the Cincy’s of the world or additional P5’s
The “Cincy’s of the world” (I assume G5 champs) would have to meet a more stringent standard than the P5 teams, thus making them, de facto, at a lower level. Why should they be in the same tournament, then? You have to either include the G5 or exclude them. If they are included you need spots for 10 champs. Including at-large teams would logically push it to 16. As long as the seeding and at-large teams are selected by objective criteria and not a committee, I’m ok with that.

I’ll just say, yet again, in light of UC getting screwed and overlooked, thank you, Tom and Ramsey. You are welcome to go negative and recap their endings at UofL, but those guys worked magic to get us in the ACC. I don’t know about everyone else, but this fan is eternally grateful for their leadership during that time.
Hear, hear!

I would get rid of the conference championships. Most of the time it is just a replay of a regular season game. The finals in the playoffs may end up being a rematch but in a playoff format they earned it. Even conference haters can’t really say anything because it was decided on the field.

I would rather see the conferences best teams play each other instead of each other.
Apples and apples I agree. But I don’t see that occurring due to $$

Just because you are in the Big Boys Club doesn't mean you have graduated to training pants. There are many teams in P5 that would have gotten killed on the FB field by Cincy the last couple years. I feel Cincy's pain, we've been there and done that, and still feeling it. I hope they get into the BBC soon. UC is the only one I miss from our years and years of competition in FB and BB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman
I would not have voted for Ohio State for one simple reason - they didn't play enough games to be worthy of a playoff spot. What's amazing is that BYU and Coastal Carolina, separated by more than 2000 miles, could get together on very short notice and play a game ... but once Ohio State knew that their game with Michigan was cancelled, it was too much effort to pick up the phone and arrange a game with undefeated Cincinnati, located 106 miles away.

I would not have voted for Ohio State for one simple reason - they didn't play enough games to be worthy of a playoff spot. What's amazing is that BYU and Coastal Carolina, separated by more than 2000 miles, could get together on very short notice and play a game ... but once Ohio State knew that their game with Michigan was cancelled, it was too much effort to pick up the phone and arrange a game with undefeated Cincinnati, located 106 miles away.

Great point that I agree with...but OSU is likely worried how a loss or bad showing vs UC would affect their rankings and maybe push them out of the T4.;)

I would have loved to see UC or Coastal Carolina crash the party but they have to get on equal footing with the P5 to crash the party which they aren't right now and may never be unless it goes to 8 or 12. :mad: :oops:

Another reason to split and have a G5 PO with the winner crashing the CFP or like the old AFL-NFL early years, challenge for a super bowl game to prove their champ can compete with he P5 champ and maybe beat them in a 1 game PO. The big boys will never willingly want to share that $ and status to the G5 any other way.o_O

Reactions: PushupMan
It was not OSU’s fault they didn’t play enough games, it was the conference’s decision to first cancel the season and then start play. They did what they could. I seriously don’t think UC wanted one more game to play the Buckeyes and risk their undefeated season.

I would still have voted ND out because they got throttled, not 2 months ago. Plus it showed me the outcome would have been different if Lawrence was available the first game. Sort of like an injury situation. I’m biased though, can’t stand ND or Brian Kelly..

Reactions: Rollem Cards
I have been advocating they change their name to The Worshington Football Team.
i agree about the team name. No one has really been damaged by “The Redskins” but instead of addressing real issues people focus on stuff like this. What’s really dumb is the radio announcers keep saying “Washington Football Team” instead of just “Washington”, just so everybody knows that they’re “with the program”. The west is doomed.

i agree about the team name. No one has really been damaged by “The Redskins” but instead of addressing real issues people focus on stuff like this. What’s really dumb is the radio announcers keep saying “Washington Football Team” instead of just “Washington”, just so everybody knows that they’re “with the program”. The west is doomed.
Are you Native American?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT