ADVERTISEMENT

Colburn news spreading

Sultan__of__Swine

15000+
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
my favorite friends to the south......
chairshot.r191677.gif

https://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=178751890&mid=178751890&sid=908&style=2

Who cares what hose D bags think they are irrelevant. Their coach is a fossil and they don't bring up that Bama and Clemson have done the same thing. UCF fan base had 1 good season in their history and they think they are something. Funny part is they think the BIG 12 is going to invite them someday.....lol. I would'n't sit by the phone Disney U.

Picking up the remains of the Louisville Cardinals and bragging about it?

UC still finishes ahead of you guys in the recruiting rankings and you sit on the "hotbed" of recruiting in Florida....explain that one?

Hell Louisville is 30 spots ahead of you fools and you're talking trash. Unbelievable.

That;s a UCF fan for ya. Dude thinks we are mad because you flipped an H back from us. Sorry bro we play in a P5 conference and we are ranked far ahead of you so I think we might not be that mad. Go back to delusional message board and talk about how the BIG 12 is going to invite u guys....lol.

Originally posted by cards62878:
Who cares what hose D bags think they are irrelevant. Their coach is a fossil and they don't bring up that Bama and Clemson have done the same thing. UCF fan base had 1 good season in their history and they think they are something. Funny part is they think the BIG 12 is going to invite them someday.....lol. I would'n't sit by the phone Disney U.
Whose scholarship offer did Clemson pull? They pulled JoJo Cox's offer about 7-10 yrs ago but that was academic related from what I recall.

No bigger experts than LPT on the right way to develop young men.

LPT Football: The best bars in central Kentucky...

It's always the Pot and Kettle theory with this issues. UK, UCF all have issues within their own programs. UCF's coach didn't give a kid water in practice and he died. Where is the outrage from their fan base on that? UK has their own share of legal issues with kids from their team even as recent as a bar brawl a few weeks ago. So it's always the funny part of this scenario when those fan bases come over an tell us what is class and what isn't. Go buy a clue ding bats.

Charlie Strong seemed like a class act. I respect him. I doubt he would have pulled a scholarship that way. This is just not good press for your program. Spin it any way you want. Petrino screwed over a high profile player in South Carolina. It is what everyone here is talking about. This will have some lasting effect, at least in south Carolina. I hope whoever he got was worth running the program name through the mud. It comes down to integrity. Petrino obviously does not have it, and I get it. Some of you don't care.

Just like I guess you don't care your coach killed a kid and got busted cheating and lost scholarships. I guess. Maybe head over to the Tulsa board maybe they care what a Ucf fan thinks.

Well well. Looks like several teams over signed. I wonder what they will tell the players since NSD is over? Maybe this high moral bunch should go to these message boards and give them a talking too.

Team  -  Signed LOI

Memphis   30
Tennessee   29
Auburn   28
Georgia   28
Texas   28 
Mississippi State   28
South Carolina   28
Ohio State   27
Georgia Tech   27 
Cincinnati   27
Kansas   27
Purdue   27

Originally posted by SCKnight:

Charlie Strong seemed like a class act. I respect him. I doubt he would have pulled a scholarship that way. This is just not good press for your program. Spin it any way you want. Petrino screwed over a high profile player in South Carolina. It is what everyone here is talking about. This will have some lasting effect, at least in south Carolina. I hope whoever he got was worth running the program name through the mud. It comes down to integrity. Petrino obviously does not have it, and I get it. Some of you don't care.
Well, this just shows you're as ignorant as the rest of your fanbase. Charlie actually did this on more than one occasion. And in one case, the recruit's HS coach had the same irrational reaction and "banned" Charlie from recruiting "his" school. Unphased, Charlie's staff just went directly to the recruits and their parents without involving the coach. Never missed a beat.

And by the way, that HB you claim to have flipped was told to look elsewhere almost a month ago.

No go back to your board and continue to be irrelevant.

Yeah this never happens. http://tbo.com/sports/preps/fords-search-is-starting-over-20150122/ Go over to the Tenn boards to Ucf fans. Although they probably don't know who the hell Ucf is.

Oh please. The only ones talking about it are UK fans and obsessed UCF fans. Other than that no one cares.

He pulls a scholarship during the dead period?... Wrong, wrong, wrong
Hard worker, smart, dedicated, all the things you would want from a player.
And he pulls the offer during the dead period? This kid made a commitment and shut down the recruiting process as a result.
Wow-no way around this...low-class move by this guy.

Originally posted by johngault:
He pulls a scholarship during the dead period?... Wrong, wrong, wrong...The kid turned down his scholarship here. Wish him well wherever he goes...

John I suggest you stop following recruiting it happens everywhere even though I know you wish it was just at Louisville sorry.

Oh please. The only ones talking about it are UK fans and obsessed UCF fans. Other than that no one cares.

You're wrong about that. I'm a UL alum and parent to 2 former D 1 student athletes and I think this was a really bad decision and one that I really hope our program never makes again. I have a few reasons why I don't like this decision but I'll speak to the point that you made that the only ones talking about it are "UK fans....UCF fans....and no one else cares". I think you are dead wrong about that and it's a real black eye to our program and university IMO.
I can assure you that I've heard enough people sound off about it already to confirm that I'm not alone.
At the end of the day, these are kids.....regardless of the annoying, attention seeking, self indulgent behaviors, they may display during the recruitment process.

To the run of the mill fan....looks like we screwed this kid over.....People don't like seeing kids get screwed and that's what it looks like to those who don't follow recruiting so closely that they become numb and insensitive to the harsh realities. It was a poor decision if from nothing more than a PR perspective and it looks like the justification for it actually somewhat backfired.

People do care.....in particular this alum and parent of a former Cardinal Student Athlete.

This post was edited on 2/4 9:02 PM by CiscotheKING

This post was edited on 2/4 9:06 PM by CiscotheKING

That's your opinion. I just think the outrage is over the top. UL offered the kid a grayshirt on top of that.Tenn just did it today to a kid along with Bama. Not to mention about 12 schools oversigned meaning some of those kids will be told to go else where. Acting like Louisville is the only school that has done this is absurd. Right or wrong ithappens in college fball recruiting.

Sorry you don't like it Cisco, but this isn't a UofL or Bobby thing...This is how the process works. It happens EVERY year to multiple kids across the county AND YES IT HAPPENS IN THE 11th hour almost every time as the staff only has about 48-72 hours to "manage" the roster because of THE PROCESS. Sorry but thats the truth. And I hope Coburn kills it at Wake Forest

The UK obsession with UL makes sense, I mean we are instate rivals. I'll never understand all the vitriol from UCF fans. They way they act, you would think the lost the showdown between the Knights and the Cards a couple years ago. It's as if they have no real rival, so they are desperate to fabricate that type of environment with somebody, apparently UL.

BTW, how was their 2015 class? Yeah, nobody knows because nobody around here cares. Good luck to you Knights.

UCF is irrelevant in pretty much all sports. They will talk about that Louisville fball win for 20 years though,,,,lol.

South Carolina did the same exact thing a couple of years ago. The result, we got LOMO!

Nobody on this Louisville board gives one red crap what UCF fans thinks, and that's a fact..... INTEGRITY???? That's pretty rich coming from a program that has in fact been accused of scandals. Tell ya what, don't worry about how Petrino is building this program because if you guys come to town, he won't care... Especially when he's stomping a mudhole in that A**... GO CARDS!!!

chairshot.r191677.gif

1-he never turned down the scholarship offer. That is the point. He was offered, he accepted and then he shut down the recruiting process.
2-grayshirting is not the same as a schorship and we all know that.
3-just because it happens "all the time" does not make it right

1-he never turned down the scholarship offer. That is the point. He was offered, he accepted and then he shut down the recruiting process.
Since you are free to judge our program on our board, mind revealing what sinless program you support, so we are permitted equal time to judge the ethics of yours? TIA

Originally posted by SoundSlave:
I'll never understand all the vitriol from UCF fans.

Let me help you understand. Coach 'Daddy' Petino had his paid shill Pat Forde go after us in the press after we were going head to head with UL for hoops recruits. How many different ways is Pat Forde being compensated by either Petino or UL directly? You know, hookers and blow at the strip clubs, trips, gifts, etc.

My only regret in that entire thing is we didn't go after the Pat Forde/UL relationship for violations. Clearly, the guy is getting his palm greased and I would be surprised if there wasn't a paper trail somewhere.

http://knightnews.com/2011/08/deciphering-ucf%E2%80%99s-potential-ncaa-infractions/

Originally posted by Boston.Knight:

Originally posted by SoundSlave:
I'll never understand all the vitriol from UCF fans.

Let me help you understand. Coach 'Daddy' Petino had his paid shill Pat Forde go after us in the press after we were going head to head with UL for hoops recruits. How many different ways is Pat Forde being compensated by either Petino or UL directly? You know, hookers and blow at the strip clubs, trips, gifts, etc.

My only regret in that entire thing is we didn't go after the Pat Forde/UL relationship for violations. Clearly, the guy is getting his palm greased and I would be surprised if there wasn't a paper trail somewhere.
Anyone in Louisville that knows about Forde and "Petrino" (sic since this is a football only board) knows there's no love lost (if not downright bad blood) between the two of them.

As for "Pitino" and Louisville ...do you really for a minute believe anyone at U of L even knows or cares if UCF has a basketball team? Wild and wildly stupid set of accusations (won't call them a theory unless you get everyone's name right lol). You're still hung up on some recruit you lost YEARS AGO, we've had dozens and dozens of meaningful recruits finish out successful championship years here since then. That tell you something?

Forde left Louisville for Yahoo precisely because he didn't want to be a homer, and since he occasionally does report facts he wasn't a very good homer...football, basketball, you name it. The facts don't support your plot.

This post was edited on 2/5 8:09 PM by tkdcoach

You are wrong on #2 and therefore you are also wrong on #1.

Grayshirt is a full ride offer with delayed entrance until the Spring semester. Colburn rejected the delay, and thereby rejected a full ride scholarship to UofL. That's fine. It's his right to do that, but I find it a bit ridiculous that it is being reported that CBP "pulled" the offer. He asked the kid to delay entrance for one semester - a semester he would have redshirted anyways.

Sometimes you have to take one for the team, like delaying entrance so scholarships work out as the staff looks for players who can make an impact at positions of need. You can either choose to be a team player and still come, or choose to get your undies in a wad because of pride and look elsewhere.

Also, to #1, he could have and probably should have taken all 5 official visits. Then he would have had a back up plan if there was a scholarship crunch. Why didn't his advisors tell him to do this? Situations with schools and recruits change all the time. Not taking visits and not exploring options is just short sighted on his advisors part.

Bottom line is if Colburn really wanted to come here then there was a scholarship waiting for him in January. All this selective, feigned outrage over the situation is ridiculous.

Originally posted by UofLHouse:
...Also, to #1, he could have and probably should have taken all 5 official visits. Then he would have had a back up plan if there was a scholarship crunch. Why didn't his advisors tell him to do this? Situations with schools and recruits change all the time. Not taking visits and not exploring options is just short sighted on his advisors part...Yeah, in hindsight, the kid made a mistake. Not sure how U of L should be responsible for that...

Hey pal, fun fact for you. This website is the reason UCF got busted. Your welcome.

This post was edited on 2/5 10:39 PM by EasyCard

Does Ucf even play basketball? 0-4 all time in the Ncaa tourney. Lol Yeah Pitino needs to try and get Ucf in ttouble in hoops.....lol. Amazing the delusion of those dipshits in Disneyland. Buy a clue Mickey Mouse. Ucf and your shitty coach Jones were busted trying to cheat. Blame Forde and Pitino all u want if that makes you feel better about your garbage program.

I think the HC must do what's best for his program. If he has the opportunity to sign a stronger player then he must for the sake of the program. I don't like gray shirting practice, and this young man has options out there. Somebody mentioned WF offered him a scholarship. ND will be saying farewell to some good players with a fifth year of eligibility because of the 85 rule. I like the good old days when there wasn't any limitations on scholarships.

Recruiting is based on an honor system and there is NO HONOR in dropping a kid the day before signing day. Use every word in your vocabulary and you still cannot legitimize such low behavior. It just won't pass the smell test.

Sure things change by both players and schools during the recruiting process, but with no warning the day before signing day is slimy LOW, like at the bottom of the septic tank.

Louisville did it to a fine kid, and obviously the school and most of their supporters don't even know they did anything wrong.

Originally posted by Straight Scope:
Recruiting is based on an honor system and there is NO HONOR in dropping a kid the day before signing day...U of L didn't "drop" him. And saying it repeatedly doesn't change that FACT.

The kid had a scholly here, and he chose not to take it. That was HIS decision and HIS change of heart...

On this, or possibly other threads on this site about this subject, I have read several times that Podunk U did something just as bad to Elmer Fudd 20 years ago, so that makes it OK for Louisville today. By taking that defense Louisville fans don't seem to know it, but they are screaming that what was done in this case was wrong.

The Louisville coaches admit they changed their minds, reneged, and gave the scholarship to someone else. That's not even up for debate. He didn't change his mind about anything.

You accept a job for $100,000 for the first year and when you show up for work you're told your pay will be $10,000. You say no way, and they say you had a change of heart. Not a change of heart to me. You just got lucky and found out early that you were dealing with a bunch of (what ever you want to call them, but nothing good).

U of L definitely did "drop" him, sadly they (and the vast majority of their fans) just don't see anything wrong with what they did. And repeatedly saying they didn't doesn't change those facts. They reneged big time, and the representatives of the football program don't really deny it.

Strange how things work out. Now he gets to go to a "class" school.

I have no dog in this fight. I had no respect for U of L to begin with. I just like to brag when I am proven right, and my lack of respect is confirmed.

"You accept a job for $100,000 for the first year and when you show up for work you're told your pay will be $10,000. You say no way, and they say you had a change of heart."

Your analogy is stupid and makes NO sense.

"accept a job for $100,000" = Scholarship offer

"show up for work" = Didn't happen as young man is still in high school.

"told pay will be $10,000" = Didn't happen

What coulda happened = Wait a few months and you get a Grayshirt = $100,000 job(your terms)

"You say no way" = he didn't accept and moved on, call it what you will, but why lie about it?

And lastly, none of us here are 100% privy to all the damn FACTS and conversations along the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT