ADVERTISEMENT

Coastal vs Arizona - Game 3

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
Although I lost some interest in the CWS after the Cards were eliminated in the supers, I have continued watching the championship series. What has been interesting is some of the antics by the Arizona dugout and the realization that the Cards (and maybe a number of other teams could easily be there). Baseball is so different. In football, the stronger teams usually win out and while basketball has its upsets, they are a lot fewer than baseball. Teams get on a streak at the right time and carry it as far they can. Arizona was picked either 7th or 8th in their conference and Coastal who plays in a small conference was never seriously considered. At times you can see why both teams made it this far, but then like last night you wondered how in the hell these teams got there. Baserunning mistakes, failure to get bunts down, just plain errors. That's baseball..

Maybe they weren't the 2 best teams... but what a Championship game today... Winning runs in scoring position, bottom of the ninth, full count... epic!

I really thought Coastal was going to blow it.... glad they held on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT