ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching this year

rockycard

Four-Star Poster
Jan 8, 2007
We have a great staff here, I don't know of any positional phase that this team didn't improve on over the season. The team was young and inexperienced, yet even after an 0-3 start they kept improving. The last 10 games (40 quarters) we really only had three bad quarters (3rd FSU,2nd Pitt, 1st UK) and in those three our team faught back and never gave up. I love everything about this staff!!!

I am good with the staff, however I have concerns about our secondary. We gave up over 300 yards to a perceived 3rd string QB and was a dropped pass that was overturned from having them on the 8 yard line with a chance to win the game. Every time they threw a pass downfield it seemed there wasn't a card within 5-10 yards.

I am good with the staff, however I have concerns about our secondary. We gave up over 300 yards to a perceived 3rd string QB and was a dropped pass that was overturned from having them on the 8 yard line with a chance to win the game. Every time they threw a pass downfield it seemed there wasn't a card within 5-10 yards.
That's true. The DB's were struggling last night, particularly in the second half. Alexander was thrust into the game because of the injury to Wiggins, and showed why he only returned punts (which he did well). Washington was beat consistently. Perhaps the ejection to Burgess showed up more in pass defense than it did in run defense. Regardless, we definitely need improvement there next year.

That's true. The DB's were struggling last night, particularly in the second half. Alexander was thrust into the game because of the injury to Wiggins, and showed why he only returned punts (which he did well). Washington was beat consistently. Perhaps the ejection to Burgess showed up more in pass defense than it did in run defense. Regardless, we definitely need improvement there next year.
Washington was playing against their best receiver who happens to be 6" taller than him. While it sucked that Burgess was ejected, his replacement Stacy Thomas is a complete stud and lead the team in tackles for the game. We are a young team and getting better every game.

Maybe a third string QB but based on stats he probably played better than the two guys who left. I was impressed with the kid, actually.

Yea, he could be my backup. Hate to see what he could have done if he had played the season.

Maybe a third string QB but based on stats he probably played better than the two guys who left. I was impressed with the kid, actually.

Hubenak was the #1 JC pro-style QB in the nation last year, so we all have reason to be impressed.

Once he settled in, he was very good. As far as our staff, I would love to keep them in tact for next year. It could be special.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT