ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Big Board

Knuckles I know I can google but I'd rather just get it from you, you are dialed in. What can you tell us about Gattis? TIA

I have no idea where this is going but what is clear they need to change the mentally of the program. It has become too soft and has lacked player development.

When I say soft I don’t mean the kids aren’t giving their all and fighting their butts off. Last night was a physical game. They aren’t soft physically. Soft to me is mentally giving in. They have done it far too often and that is want losing programs do—-give in. A veteran team shouldn’t break down mentally. A coach in year 4 shouldn’t have players giving in.

Getting beat by better teams is OK losing constantly because being soft mentally is the difference in winning close games.

Knuckles I know I can google but I'd rather just get it from you, you are dialed in. What can you tell us about Gattis? TIA

Gattis is young (under 40). First year as OC at Miami. Has coached under Jim Harbaugh, James Franklin and Nick Saban. Won Broyles award as top assistant in football. Runs an up tempo spread offense. He played at Wake in college.

Here’s a quote from Saban:

“He’s a very bright guy. He’s been in some good systems. He has a good understanding of the big picture offensively. He’s very technical in terms of how he coaches and teaches his players and they have a good understanding.
“He has a really good personality. But he’s also demanding. He can confront and demand guys when they’re not doing things the way they’re supposed to do them and I think that’s created a lot of consistency in our receivers and it’s also improved their toughness and their mental toughness to sustain.”

For Louisville to be really competitive at the top end they have to field defense that finishes in the Top 50 in total defense. Until the defense can stop better teams it doesn’t matter what you do offensively.

For Louisville to be really competitive at the top end they have to field defense that finishes in the Top 50 in total defense. Until the defense can stop better teams it doesn’t matter what you do offensively.
The only way BB can pressure the QB is to put NINE men in the box. THAT"S CRAZY. It's also why the rookie sliced the D up like tiramisu last night.

I agree. Their recruiting and development hasn’t been good on that side hasn’t been good. Look at their depth chart. Not many kids recruited out of high school on the depth chart. I think they may be worse next year no matter who is the coach.

Time to move on from Satt and Brohm. Brown is good but hasn't shown hes that much better than satt. Plus I don't think Brohm knows how to run the ball, and defense has always been suspect. Let's find someone who can really move us forward.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Time to move on from Satt and Brohm. Brown is good but hasn't shown hes that much better than satt. Plus I don't think Brohm knows how to run the ball, and defense has always been suspect. Let's find someone who can really move us forward.
Feel free to suggest someone and we can discuss their merits

This administration LOVES to lose fans and money don't they.
Three things that i personally dont like about Brohm
1. He had his chance he chased the dollar

2. Defense is always suspect

3. lack of rushing offense .

I like alot of his intangibles but their is enough data on him now too say he isn't the answer either.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
“People might not want to hear or believe this get ready for Ragone next season.”

Here’s why Ragone will not be coach. He just got his first job as OC with the Falcons. The team just drafted a franchise QB in Ridder. The NFL season goes until at least January. He is not gonna step away from his first NFL OC job in November which is what would be required in order to recruit prior to December signing period.

If a change is made I go for Bill O’Brien.
Be a good choice only thing with someone like him he get some success he be on first train out. That be pretty much anybody else. And to be fair with the beloved Brohm that is the only positive in my eyes we wouldn't have too worry so much with success and him leaving . Because he hasn't really impressed me with his coaching. Without a doubt we probably mirror Purdue record then the hometown fanbase will get tired of just that and want more. The love will dissipate fast. This a different fan base now microwave society.

Last edited:
Probably not but he is the type of coach you get if you are looking to make a change.

Whatever we do don’t hire the Auburn defensive coordinator because he is worse than what we have.

'Outstanding' Falcons Coach Dave Ragone Has Fan in Rams' Sean McVay​

When Sean McVay talks about coaches, people listen. And the Los Angeles Rams' Super Bowl-winning head coach had a lot to say about Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Dave Ragone.

AS Corso says not so fast my friend All i'm gonna say is this remember i'm the one who brought this up just saying . I could be totally wrong however!!!!!!!!!!!
We will be sure to give you all the credit. Ragone has been mentioned previously, however.

I love Dave. Zero college coaching experience. As OC in ATL, he’s not calling the plays. He’s not qualified.

• Haha
Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT