ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Rick Pitino wants to coach..

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
a NBA team. He misses teaching and developing young basketball talent. Maybe if Dan Issel can finally get a team here in Louisville, maybe they can make Slick Rick the coach.

I think it would be a nice move for Pitino at this stage of his career. Is anyone willing to give him another chance in the league?

I don't think he'd work well with the pampered superstars of the NBA. If he really wants to give back to the game that has given him so much, he should go to the G-League. He could help some guys on their last chance, and guys who didn't get good preparation in college.

I can't see him as an NBA head coach at this point. But there are a lot of bad NBA owners out there, so you can't rule it out as a possibility.

Reactions: STLNBSE
An NBA HC might consider adding him as an assistant or some other minor role down the ladder.
I don’t believe Rick would accept anything but a HC position. Unless he was a special consultant, I don’t see him in a support role. Quite honestly with his coaching background I don’t think he should accept an assistant’s position.

I don't think he'd work well with the pampered superstars of the NBA. If he really wants to give back to the game that has given him so much, he should go to the G-League. He could help some guys on their last chance, and guys who didn't get good preparation in college.

I can't see him as an NBA head coach at this point. But there are a lot of bad NBA owners out there, so you can't rule it out as a possibility.

Too many good young coaches to waste time and money on Rick.

lil rickie can't relate to today's NBA (offense driven). If he wants to coach so badly and develop young talent, there's plenty of high school jobs in Miami!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT