ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Crum suffers another stroke

Prayers and thoughts for Coach Crum and his family. His contributions to UofL and our community are truly legendary. Plus he is a really good person.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I'm a UK fan but come in peace. I am so glad to hear that Coach Crum is recovering from his stroke. Things like that are much bigger than any sports rivalry. I have had the pleasure of meeting Coach Crum a handful of times over the years and he always was welcoming and friendly to me. Once when I was a kid visiting family in Louisville, I saw him in a mall and he was gracious enough to sign an autograph despite the fact that I was wearing a UK tshirt. He even commented that I would look better in red. As a 11 or 12 year old, that was a big deal to me. It was right after UL had beaten Duke to win the 86 Championship. I have never forgotten that and I just wanted to send my get well wishes to Coach Crum, not as a UK fan but as a Coach Crum fan.

Get well coach and stay with us a little longer. I remember when Coach Crum first came here everyone said he would only be here until Wooden retired. After all these years he is still here and still goes to a lot of our sporting events. I see him at football games, basketball games, baseball games, etc. a true Cardinal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT