ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
I may be having second thoughts about all our coaching candidates that are mentioned the most. I think while it will probably not happen, that I’m warming up to Texas Tech’s Chris Beard.

I watched them the other night, very well coached team. And, if you can turn around a program that Bob Knight couldn’t that had zero basketball history, well, you’re pretty damn good.

Last edited:
He just signed a contract extension so I doubt he's even in contention

Contract extensions don’t mean anything. Remember, Bobby Petrino signed a 10 yr extension and was gone less than a year later.

I may be having second thoughts about all our coaching candidates that are mentioned the most. I think while it will probably not happen, that I’m warming up to Texas Tech’s Chris Beard.

I watched them the other night, very well coached team. And, if you can turn around a program that Bob Knight couldn’t that had zero basketball history, well, you’re pretty damn good.
Do you just pick whoever keeps winning? Before you know it, you’ll be advocating for Calimari or Boeheim....

He was on staff at Texas Tech under both Bob and Pat Knight. He got some major props from Frank Martin the other night on post game show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT