ADVERTISEMENT

Changes for the home FB games

CardsFirst

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2007
If you didn’t hear the interview with VT, he dropped some pretty good info. The first home game is a Saturday 7:00 PM game the lot will open at noon. A departure from the normal 5 hours before the game. Also many of the food selections at the stadium will be reduced in price from 4.50 to 3 bucks. I would say we are seeing the advantage of someone whose also in touch with the fans.

Where TJ built up the university infrastructure looks like VT is going to take advantage of that and build the fan base. VT couldn’t do what he’s doing without what TJ did. A huge compliment to TJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: wilkie01 and gocds
We've had an attendance problem recently. While I applaud Tyra for trying to do things to fix the issue, he is having issues that Jurich didn't and therefore didn't need to do to get fans to show up to games.

We've had an attendance problem recently. While I applaud Tyra for trying to do things to fix the issue, he is having issues that Jurich didn't and therefore didn't need to do to get fans to show up to games.

Really? Attendance isn’t VT issue. The issue he’s trying to fix is getting t people in the seats prior to kickoff. And that’s a nut even TJ couldn’t fix.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
I would suggest having more police and EMS there because not everyone can gauge their alcohol consumption.

I would suggest having more police and EMS there because not everyone can gauge their alcohol consumption.

Vince mentioned that as a concern. The game will start and half our fan base will be passed out in the parking lot.

The fans wanted access so I’m glad their doing it. One things for sure we’ve got tailgating down.

UofL is facing the same issue all sports programs are - many people would rather sit at home and watch the game rather than go to the game. VT is doing the right thing although I think there are many, many other things they can do to further engage their customers. I mentioned in another thread that I like that Tyra has a consumer-centric mindset. This will serve us well as fans (and consumers).

As much as we all loved TJ, the main complaint against him is that he sacrificed the fan experience (especially tailgating) in order to chase corporate dollars (who often do not participate or show up). If VT improves on that, I'll pat him on the head and give him and Atta Boy.

Reactions: CardsFirst

Empty seats at kickoff was a problem for TJ too, its nothing new. TJ started the Card March to try and fix and it didnt work. Its just a UofL tradition apparently.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
As much as we all loved TJ, the main complaint against him is that he sacrificed the fan experience (especially tailgating) in order to chase corporate dollars (who often do not participate or show up). If VT improves on that, I'll pat him on the head and give him and Atta Boy.

Like it or not without the corporate $ we would be in the AAC. What chooce did he have if we were to get where we are now.

Like it or not without the corporate $ we would be in the AAC. What chooce did he have if we were to get where we are now.

He did exactly what he needed to do in order to build the program. Now it’s time for VT to build the fan base. That could be his mark. And when I say build it I mean take it to the next level, because TJ did an awesome job of building the fan base and brand.

No one can take anything from TJ the guy deserves a statue and he certainly didn’t deserve the exit he got.

Reactions: Drakew

Jurich should be applauded and really honored for what he accomplished. It is also true that UofL needed to shift its mentality some of it will run the risk of losing butts in seats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT