ADVERTISEMENT

Change.org Petition for UNC

Dec 31, 2014
Louisville, KY
Comedy gold right here folks: https://www.change.org/p/national-i-want-the-the-unc-villanova-ncaa-championship-game-overturned

Petitioning National Collegiate Athletic Association
I want the the UNC/Villanova NCAA Championship game overturned

This game was poorly officiated from the tip off to the end. It was a one sided called game all the way through. The officials called fouls against UNC that should have not been called and never called Villanova for the fouls they committed. The officials never called Villanova for multiple travel violations either. Also I want a complete investigation into the officials as it was them that decided the game not who played better.

The best part are the comments section... people are having a lot of fun with it... especially in light of the ongoing academic fraud investigation :D

"The refs were very bias. Many times they let Villinova get away with alot of walks. As a basketball player I can tell you that letting a guy travel like that makes him hard to defend. Are guys work very hard on the court and in the classroom. Its not write for them to loose the game because of the refs. This was there championship that the refs stole." -Tyler Hansbrough

"I agree with petishun. I play ball good. UNC is good. Refs are bad. I put hand in dirt and sack refs. I like football. Football good. Refs bad. Go Heels." - Julius Peppers

BTW, no offense to UNC intended, all in good fun. Hey, it's the off season, gotta find entertainment where we can! :p

Eh...I'm not really of the mindset to "point-and-laugh" at any program, especially in light of our own issues. This one would probably be more well received in the various UNC bashing threads on a "different" board.

Reactions: rojas
Eh...I'm not really of the mindset to "point-and-laugh" at any program, especially in light of our own issues. This one would probably be more well received in the various UNC bashing threads on a "different" board.

Understood. I am not pointing and laughing at UNC as an institution (glass houses and all that), but at the idea of a petition to change the outcome of the game (which I hope was tongue in cheek) as well as the funny comments.

However, if this is inappropriate, please feel free to lock/delete as necessary.

Understood. I am not pointing and laughing at UNC as an institution (glass houses and all that), but at the idea of a petition to change the outcome of the game (which I hope was tongue in cheek) as well as the funny comments.

However, if this is inappropriate, please feel free to lock/delete as necessary.

Meh...UNC bashing is all the rage right now. It's rampant on RRs and the main basketball board. Although I don't quite get how anyone can possibly think UNC is devastated by finishing the season #2 in the country and the NCAA Runnerup. Tough way to lose a game, sure; but they WERE in The National Championship game, and lost by a 1 great clutch basket. I was merely speaking as a poster and a fellow ACC member fan.

If "the board" wants it deleted, they will say so; they're not shy about expressing their displeasure. :cool:

Last edited:
Meh...UNC bashing is all the rage right now. It's rampant on RRs and the main basketball board. Although I don't quite get how anyone can possibly think UNC is devastated by finishing the season #2 in the country and the NCAA Runnerup. Tough way to lose a game, sure; but they WERE in The National Championship game, and lost by a 1 great clutch basket.

Yeah, I am with you there. They came within seconds of winning it all, they played a great game, had a great season... nothing to be ashamed about or to bash them in that regards. To me, bashing any team is silly, especially ones that makes it to the Final Four.

Not worth the time to LMAO at what more distant haters have to say when there so many haters camping nearby.

"Elite program", my a$$...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT