ADVERTISEMENT

CFP Title Game down 15% in TV Ratings/Viewership

Alabama fatigue?

Maybe. Other factors I can think of as possibilities is all the talking heads basically saying all week that Clemson had no shot. More casual viewers - having seen the results of the two semi-final games - may have skipped figuring it would be a similar let down. Frankly, I felt like with everyone with whom I had a conversation, I was the only one giving Clemson a chance. One guy told me I was only having doubts because I root for Alabama.

But, other than that . . .I agree with fredburgcard.

Why is it on a work night? Especially when CU had "no chance".

Casual fans won't stay up to watch, much less have game parties.

I predict changes for all the PO games next year.

Reactions: Mayoman
I think the issue is the season is already extended by basically having to wait for a month before the bowl games and now with a playoff the season gets extended. Most college fans unless they are playing in the championship are into CBB unless you are UK, that was Oct 1st.

I think the issue is the season is already extended by basically having to wait for a month before the bowl games and now with a playoff the season gets extended. Most college fans unless they are playing in the championship are into CBB unless you are UK, that was Oct 1st.

Honestly, I don't think that is the issue. Outside of the States of Kentucky, Indiana and North Carolina, most college sports fans don't really give a rat's ass about basketball until March.

While true in years past, bball has become very popular in Michigan, Virginia and the Midwest, iowa, Kansas.

In football, it is the same teams over and over, Alabama, LSU, Ohio state. Bball is so much different and gives the underdog a chance. West Virginia just upset No. 1 Kansas and Michigan just beat No. 3 Maryland.

8:30 start time didnt help. How about 7:00 or 7:30 like other ESPN games? I know they do it for the West coast but there were no West coast teams in it.

Reactions: nccardfan
Same teams all the time isn't helping. Them talking about the same teams all the time isn't helping. When they tell you who you should like or who is the best..what are you really watching?

Anybody catch the other ESPN channels during the game? I think it was supposed to be like all the guys hanging out in the basement commenting on the game. It was painful to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT