ADVERTISEMENT

Cards/Wolfpack game has Pivotal Ramification for Both Teams...

cardstud1

5000+
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2006
For NC State playing 4 non-P5 teams with wins and with Louisville playing two Power-5 teams and losing what it says about both of those teams, absolutely...NOTHING! NC State can point to its achievements thus far with a gradual confidence building mode, but no confidence in playing upper echelon teams. Louisville on the other hand has experience playing two upper echelon teams and no sustained Defense and/or continuity with Qb. play with three qbs and the O-line! On the other hand NC State has a running game with an experienced Qb. in Jacoby Brissett. RB Shadrach Thornton has been thrown off the NC State team for a felony violation and team rules.

The Cards also return to its fold experienced WR James Quick and a very talented TE Hicotini Both players have been absent for 3 games. NC State returns nearly all of its starting players on both offense and defense. An experienced LG Garrett Bradbury, for the Wolfpack is out with an injury. The Wolfpack also has the privilege of playing at home and a supporting fan base. Under Coach Bobby Petrino the Cards also seem to play away at its advantage. If DC Todd Grantham needs to earn his money, this would be the perfect time to do so!

Regardless, both teams need this win, Louisville more so needs this win than NC State. It is imperative that the Cards come out blazing with all its young warriors and scoring offensively and a hot-shot Defense loaded with talent and experience, yet seemingly unproductive in spurts. My prediction goes to thee Cards, because of red-colored Kool aid with a score of 33-21 Cards! JMO............?!

Last edited:
Win and we get back on track. Lose and we are in danger of not making a bowl game. Actually, the bowl game is not the issue, its the 15 extra practices you get that make the difference.

Supposed to be a storm. Can't see a 33-21 type of scoring output if conditions are terrible. We can't protect the ball all that well in the sun, so I'm concerned about the weather fo sho!

Definitely a scary game IMO. We certainly need the win to keep hope alive for a bowl game. And the wet weather predictions don't appear to suit our run game. Hopefully the read option with Jackson can be effective in these conditions. On the NC St. side, the loss of RB Thornton may have a negative impact of their running game as well as the weather. This may very well be a low scoring game in which the team with the fewest turnovers that put the opponent in immediate scoring position wins. Also, the kicking game, both punting and field goals, may be the deciding factors. I've been impressed with our punter, not so much with our field goal kicker.

The Cards also return to its fold experienced WR James Quick and a very talented TE Hicotini ............?!

Hicotini?..that must be something people use to get off cigarettes.

Hikutini is a Louisville TE.

Just joshin' ya, nice post, card stud. go Cardinals!

Supposed to be a storm. Can't see a 33-21 type of scoring output if conditions are terrible. We can't protect the ball all that well in the sun, so I'm concerned about the weather fo sho!
Chance of rain, I believe went from 100% to 40%. This may not be as much of a factor depending on the field.

Reactions: 65bird
Both teams are very much alike, as in even across the board. Both are still looking for indentity.

We win 23-17.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT