ADVERTISEMENT

Cards WBB vs Miami

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Louisville women's basketball has the 6 pm game in the ACC WBB Tournament and the #2 seed Cards face #7 seed Miami

The two matched up in Coral Gables to start February and Louisville escaped 69-66 after trailing by nine in the fourth quarter. Kianna Smith had 21 points in the win and Olivia Cochran finished with 18. Kelsey Marshall missed a three for the Canes to tie it at the buzzer.

Marshall is the main scoring threat for Miami but Destiny Hardin, Lola Pendande and Karla Erjavic stepped up with double figure performances against Boston College yesterday

The Cards will most likely make it a track meet and try to take advantage of Miami fatigue after playing last night. I'd expect Walz to substitute pretty liberally, keeping in mind that two more games potentially exist after Friday. If Hailey Van Lith is "on" for the Cards from three-point range, it could be a long night for the Canes.

Katie Meyer is one of the best when it comes to games planning and Miami probably learned a lot from their previous meeting with UofL. That home court advantage won't be there for Miami though and I've heard we've got a pretty good fan base already in Greensboro to cheer on the Cards. I wish I was one of them but will be listening at work

--sonja--

Both teams playing tough defense it will be curious to see what team runs out of gas first.

Can anyone provide current score ?? I have U- Tube TV and they and RSN are still fighting over broadcast issues.

The score is 31-26 Louisville we aren’t playing great but Miami is playing the same style as we are. It is like looking in a mirror and it is challenging us. We have missed 5 layups and we are dribbling too much passing up some shots. I look for some adjustments after the half that should open us up. Engstler and HVL struggling right now I hope they get it going but so hope they don’t force it and make it worse.

Reactions: Cardsfan62
Cardfan62, google Louisville women’s basketball schedule 2022 and click on the tonight’s game and it will give the score minute to minute.

Reactions: Cardsfan62
Olivia and Liz are going to have to be quicker and take away that short jumper from the ACC logo below the foul line. That girl is killing us on that she already has 12 or 24 points.

The camera action in this game is really bad they are showing coaches talking on the sideline while the game is being played.

Reactions: Bardman
We owned the 3rd period and stretched the lead to 14. It stills feels like we only have a 3 point lead though.

Reactions: Deeva
Tie game with 31 seconds left as bad as HVL has played tonight you have have her in. She has hit clutch shots all year let’s run the clock and take the last shot.

Shot clock violation on us Miami ball with 1.7 seconds left . I thought CJW was going to get a tech called on him. That ref really used restraint.

When Walz changed the lineup and put Ahlana in it completely screwed up our rhythm

Gotta give Miami credit! They balled out to earn that win. Just bad decisions down the stretch for the Cards! Now we wait for seeding.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
That will show us you can’t play that type of game and win hopefully that will get us mentally more prepared down the road. This was a very physical game on both sides that might have taken us out of rhythm. The sting of defeat early in the tournament is better than later in the tournament.

Now makes twice gave up large double digit leads in the 4th quarter in the last couple weeks. Coach better get this fixed before the NCAA Tourney. This loss will move us to the Second Seed line.

Now makes twice gave up large double digit leads in the 4th quarter in the last couple weeks. Coach better get this fixed before the NCAA Tourney. This loss will move us to the Second Seed line.
I agree. This was a very costly loss.

They focused on shutting down HVL they double teamed her every time she touched the ball. It worked and it hurt her ability to execute. I wanted to win the ACC Tournament but I still feel good about our chances in the NCAA Tournament.

Reactions: Cardhorn and Deeva
In regards to the 1 line or the 2 line it might hurt us or it might not. When I saw the projection of us going to Wichita and the teams in that region looked tough. I think the only way it would hurt us is if we don’t host some of the regionals at home.

Gotta give Miami credit! They balled out to earn that win. Just bad decisions down the stretch for the Cards! Now we wait for seeding.
You mean we bailed them out with poor play. But yes they took advantage of it and never quit.

Reactions: putter23
Cannot explain this sort of a meltdown; A. Smith was bad, but HVL was out of control from the beginning of the game. Her first two shots were air balls, and it never really improved.

Miami is a very athletic team and never quit ….. but we did everything in that 4th quarter to assist them in this upset.

I know this I’m curbing my enthusiasm for this team. As Jeff has said we’re capable of making the Final 4 or losing in the first round. I’m leaning more towards losing on the first weekend. Prove me wrong Cards

Cannot explain this sort of a meltdown; A. Smith was bad, but HVL was out of control from the beginning of the game. Her first two shots were air balls, and it never really improved.

Miami is a very athletic team and never quit ….. but we did everything in that 4th quarter to assist them in this upset.
HVL lost the ball three times in the last 4 minutes. One time she passed up a wide open 3 with 11 seconds left on the shot clock. Just to over penetrate and lose the ball. Just not smart.

Last edited:
HVL lost the ball three times in the last 4 minutes. One time she passed up a wide open 3 with 11 seconds left on the shot clock. Just to over penetrate and lose the ball. Just plain stupid
We certainly know the game plan of future opponents when they are trailing in the 4th Quarter. Hopefully, they learn the importance of execution in those situations. At times they seemed to be playing scared. When you don’t score for almost the last 6 minutes, commit numerous turnovers and leave shooters open, not much good will happen!

We certainly know the game plan of future opponents when they are trailing in the 4th Quarter. Hopefully, they learn the importance of execution in those situations. At times they seemed to be playing scared. When you don’t score for almost the last 6 minutes, commit numerous turnovers and leave shooters open, not much good will happen!
Well put. I would have thought the NCST game would have taught them that lesson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT