ADVERTISEMENT

Cards WBB down Longwood 100-37

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
No Hailey? No problem.

UofLWBB (5-2) was without Hailey Van Lith, who did not play because of an unspecified injury. The star junior guard, whose 21.2 scoring average was tied for 24th nationally entering Friday, was not needed against the Lancers (1-4) as her teammates jumped out to an 18-2 lead in the first 4:04

Mykasa Robinson drew the start in place of Van Lith and played 23 minutes. On VanLith, Walz mentioned

''She could have played if she would have needed to play, but (with) an extra few days of rest, we'll just make sure it's not something that's nagging in there,'' he said. ''So she will be fine for Wednesday night.''

Chrislyn Carr scored 17 points to lead No. 10 Louisville in the win. Six Cards finished in double figures,

Louisville shot a season-best 55.9%. Payton Verhulst had a career-high 16 on 7 of 9 shooting,. Morgan Jones added 15 points in just 18 minutes.

Louisville returns to action when the host Ohio State Weds night.

Merissah Russell scored a career-high 11 points, and Olivia Cochran posted her second double-double of the season with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Norika Konno also scored a season-high 10 and finished with eight rebounds and seven assists, both career highs.

The Cards led 35-10 after the first quarter and increased that to 54-20 by halftime.

The Cards return to action Weds night when they host Ohio St.

--sonja--

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Sooooo balanced. Players getting pts, rebounds and assts. Awesome

I like the idea of Coach getting some practices in after seeing what needs to be worked on from the early games. I have great confidence in his process and I think we will be a pretty dang good team.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT