ADVERTISEMENT

CARDS vs EKU Chatter Game Thread

PHCARD

Apr 6, 2007
Go Cards! And I mean GO!!! That Monday night ugly mess hasn't been washed away and they need to come out of the tunnel fired up. Then there needs to fire in their belly from opening kick off on. The team & coaches need to lead us, the fans up and out of our seats cheering. The fans then will help lead the team.

I want to see some swag I want them to be nasty mean! Don’t care that it’s EKU. Go Cards!

Time to exorcise the demons of Ole Miss and start the STREAK in game 2 forward.

Go Cards! Beat the Colonels.

The “best OL” of satterfield’s tenure?? Got pushed around again in first series. 😳

No way the new punter is Australian. Austrian maybe. I’m guessing Wwhen you’re from Boone, NC - they’re the same.

I don’t know what to think because I was unable to watch the game. I kept up with the score and I thought we would have won by a larger margin but at least we won. When I look at the scores across the country there were a lot of close game that I thought would have been blowouts. Especially from some of the top teams this is turning out to be an odd season so far after 2 weeks.

I’ll be honest. I think I might be more down on this team after this game than I was after Ole Miss.

4.2 ypc against EKU?! 347 yards of offense? 6 punts against an FCS opponent. We got gifted 14 points and still only scored 30 against an FCS team.

Its two games. I’m being dramatic but also I honestly think that based on these two games I don’t see how any fan can think we win another game this year. Guys can grow and teams can incrementally improve but this offense is so inept and the play calling so terrible I just don’t see how this team can beat another power 5 team.

I’ll be honest. I think I might be more down on this team after this game than I was after Ole Miss.

4.2 ypc against EKU?! 347 yards of offense? 6 punts against an FCS opponent. We got gifted 14 points and still only scored 30 against an FCS team.

Its two games. I’m being dramatic but also I honestly think that based on these two games I don’t see how any fan can think we win another game this year. Guys can grow and teams can incrementally improve but this offense is so inept and the play calling so terrible I just don’t see how this team can beat another power 5 team.
I'll take that bet that they will beat several P5 teams this year. You up for that?

Also, to quote a biblical verse: "There are none so blind as those that cannot see".

Next Fridays game will tell us a lot about this team. The cake is baking slower than many of us want to see....but it is still baking. Keep the faith EKYC...take your vested emotions out of it and review the game and look at it again to see what you see that you missed the first time that is of a positive nature..

EKU only scored 3 points. Cards won the TO battle. Lot of back ups played and gained game experience. Conley got to play some reps. UCF didn't see much of the playbook and likely were just as un impressed are you were. They may be coming into this game way over confident which should work in the Cards favor.

It is a Friday night game and one that the crowd should show up for and be rowdy. Being a fan of a team that badly needs a huge crowd showing some enthusiasm just might be the medicine that this team needs badly to play their butts off for. Uplifting the team is the remedy that all fans can exhibit...if they want too. Players respond to loud rowdy crowds....do you agree with that?

Go Cards! Beat the Knights on Friday Night!!!!

Besides that...I really don't like that team very much.

Reactions: Banker85
I'll take that bet that they will beat several P5 teams this year. You up for that?

Also, to quote a biblical verse: "There are none so blind as those that cannot see".

Next Fridays game will tell us a lot about this team. The cake is baking slower than many of us want to see....but it is still baking. Keep the faith EKYC...take your vested emotions out of it and review the game and look at it again to see what you see that you missed the first time that is of a positive nature..

EKU only scored 3 points. Cards won the TO battle. Lot of back ups played and gained game experience. UCF didn't see much of the playbook and likely were just as un impressed are you were. They may be coming into this game way over confident which should work in the Cards favor.

It is a Friday night game and one that the crowd should show up for and be rowdy. Being a fan of a team that badly needs a huge crowd showing some enthusiasm just might be the medicine that this team needs badly to play their butts off for. Uplifting the team is the remedy that all fans can exhibit...if they want too. Players respond to loud rowdy crowds....do you agree with that?

Go Cards! Beat the Knights of Friday Night!!!!

I’m up for that bet. Stakes?

Steaks and bourbon! Mayo, I’m sorry. I don’t see what you see. I see an offensive line who couldn’t get much push on a FCS team. EKU rushed 3 at times and still there was pressure on Malik. That’s the key. A lot of QB’s given time can hit open receivers. Malik is still struggling with accuracy and he will be seeing more pressure. Playing Conley was just to appease fans. He needed to be put in a situation that mattered not when the game was over.

Reactions: BPGhost
Steaks and bourbon! Mayo, I’m sorry. I don’t see what you see. I see an offensive line who couldn’t get much push on a FCS team. EKU rushed 3 at times and still there was pressure on Malik. That’s the key. A lot of QB’s given time can hit open receivers. Malik is still struggling with accuracy and he will be seeing more pressure. Playing Conley was just to appease fans. He needed to be put in a situation that mattered not when the game was over.
Spot on - with everything. Had steak (marinated flank) tonight. Currently on my 4th Old Fo 100.

I was taking your challenge - you tell me.
I live near St Louis MO in O'Fallon Illinois. I come to Louisville to see 1 or 2 games a year. So pick a home game in October and I bet you a steak dinner at a place of your choosing that the Cards will beat one or more of our ACC P5 teams by then. Let me know your thoughts on that bet.

I live near St Louis MO in O'Fallon Illinois. I come to Louisville to see 1 or 2 games a year. So pick a home game in October and I bet you a steak dinner at a place of your choosing that the Cards will beat one or more of our ACC P5 teams by then. Let me know your thoughts on that bet.
Ok - October 23rd vs BC. If they go .500 in those 4 ACC games - including BC - I’ll buy your steak dinner at wherever you want - Ruby’s, Morton’s, Le Moo - wherever. If they don’t - which they unfortunately won’t - you can simply say I was right and, you were wrong. Deal?

EKU only scored 3 points. Cards won the TO battle. Lot of back ups played and gained game experience. Conley got to play some reps. UCF didn't see much of the playbook and likely were just as un impressed are you were. They may be coming into this game way over confident which should work in the Cards favor.

Go Cards! Beat the Knights on Friday Night!!!!

I doubt SEVERAL p5 teams... smh

Two games and 2 sloooow starts will be the death of this season.

We, as an athletic program, have been starved for some good news, some bright spot, something…anything…positive. Well…on a night when Miami barely survived against Appalachia State and FSU lost on a last second Hail Mary to Jacksonville State…we held a team to 3 points and won by 27. And although we didn‘t dominate against a lesser opponent, we did play the kind of game we hope to see against the stronger teams on our schedule with fewer turnovers, fewer busted coverages, and fewer undisciplined, boneheaded plays (minus Bruce’s premature TD celebration). So, I choose to take joy comfort in the final result with hope that we can carry it over to our tougher opponents.

Reactions: Mayoman and PHCARD
We, as an athletic program, have been starved for some good news, some bright spot, something…anything…positive. Well…on a night when Miami barely survived against Appalachia State and FSU lost on a last second Hail Mary to Jacksonville State…we held a team to 3 points and won by 27. And although we didn‘t dominate against a lesser opponent, we did play the kind of game we hope to see against the stronger teams on our schedule with fewer turnovers, fewer busted coverages, and fewer undisciplined, boneheaded plays (minus Bruce’s premature TD celebration). So, I choose to take joy comfort in the final result with hope that we can carry it over to our tougher opponents.
Could this team beat either App St or Jacksonville St? Not sure they could.

That’s one way to look at it. But all of those are statements made without context and without thought as to what it says moving forward. Look at the scoreboard and see the results without mentioning the fact we punted 6-7 times against a FCS opponent. We didn’t cover the spread, we had 14 points gifted by special teams. We barely averaged over 4 YPC.

I was more angry and depressed after their performance last night than I was after Ole Miss.

I do not get how you can watch last performance and think this team win more than 1 or 2 games all year.

I think 2-10 or 3-9 is completely realistic. Let it play out, but that's what I'm seeing.
The game wasn't close thankfully. You don't wanna fall that far down the barrel. There is no floor in team sports.

You gotta let it play out agree. You cannot make a habit of canning HC's during a season unless you just have to do it. This job is already not all that desirable, no HC will reach out if we let this guy go during the year. The ACC is incredibly bad, so if he is unable to win games then it is for sure fair to look at it when the year is over.

Ok - October 23rd vs BC. If they go .500 in those 4 ACC games - including BC - I’ll buy your steak dinner at wherever you want - Ruby’s, Morton’s, Le Moo - wherever. If they don’t - which they unfortunately won’t - you can simply say I was right and, you were wrong. Deal?
My first post to EKUC was about whether the Cards could win vs any P5 or ACC team for the rest of the year. He said no or 0. ( Which would take us up to the 18 Nov game vs Duke.) I indeed did shorten it to any game in Oct in my post to you and you picked the BC game on the 23 Oct. Have I got that right?

That gives us 5 games rather than the 9 games up to the UK game not counting them that would coincide with EKU's the rest of the year comment that I was initially challenging and responding to. I do see at least 2 and likely several more by the Duke game including them.

I still believe that the Cards will win 1 if not 2 of those 5 games up to and including BC on the 23rd.

I am not sure yet that I can be in Louisville on the 23rd. Working on it. Maybe the 6th or the 13th of November will work better for me at this point in time to eat that steak dinner.

I accept your bet and the conditions you set up to the BC game.

To EKUC (who has not replied to the bet one way or the other) and any others, the bet would be consistent with my comments to EKUC, meaning up to the last ACC game vs Duke; that the Cards will win a game during the rest of the year.

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this...had some pressing matters to attend to today.

Go Cards beat UCF!!!

Last edited:

Did not include the td lost because of the receiver showboating,.

Reactions: EKYCard643
My first post to EKUC was about whether the Cards could win vs any P5 or ACC team for the rest of the year. He said no or 0. ( Which would take us up to the 18 Nov game vs Duke.) I indeed did shorten it to any game in Oct in my post to you and you picked the BC game on the 23 Oct. Have I got that right?

That gives us 5 games rather than the 9 games up to the UK game not counting them that would coincide with EKU's the rest of the year comment that I was initially challenging and responding to. I do see at least 2 and likely several more by the Duke game including them.

I still believe that the Cards will win 1 if not 2 of those 5 games up to and including BC on the 23rd.

I am not sure yet that I can be in Louisville on the 23rd. Working on it. Maybe the 6th or the 13th of November will work better for me at this point in time to eat that steak dinner.

I accept your bet and the conditions you set up to the BC game.

To EKUC (who has not replied to the bet one way or the other) and any others, the bet would be consistent with my comments to EKUC, meaning up to the last ACC game vs Duke; that the Cards will win a game during the rest of the year.

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this...had some pressing matters to attend to today.

Go Cards beat UCF!!!

My post was a little hyperbole. I don't think UofL has looked good - at ALL and based on how they've looked for these two games I do think they'll struggle to beat anyone left on their schedule but the fact that they have both Duke and Syracuse left to play leads me to assume they'll win one or both of those games. I would be more inclined to take take a bet about their overall win total. If I gave you the option of betting on 5 wins, over 5 wins or under 5 wins which one you taking?

Personally, I'll bet the team finishes 4-8 with wins over EKU, Duke, Cuse and either UVA or Wake. But I'm also betting the team gets beat by 14+ by UCF, by 24+ by Clemson, by 14+ by NC State and by 21+ by UK.

The thing Satterfield has to watch out for is for the team giving up. Fans are already heated and displeased and there's a real scenario where they could go into the Syracuse game having lost 6 straight and setting at 1-7.

Did not include the td lost because of the receiver showboating,.
I’m not sure why this particular play is not being discussed more. Was it just a bonehead play or something serious. I didn’t get to watch Van Pelts show Bad Beats, but because of that play several people loss a substantial amount of money because we didn’t beat the spread. I have heard players receive numerous death threats for situations like that.

I’m not sure why this particular play is not being discussed more. Was it just a bonehead play or something serious. I didn’t get to watch Van Pelts show Bad Beats, but because of that play several people loss a substantial amount of money because we didn’t beat the spread. I have heard players receive numerous death threats for situations like that.
I knew immediately that Huggins-Bruce was hot dogging, what he thought was over the line. It was directly in front of me. The freshman kid also knew he messed up because he looked down to see where he was after the fact. Everyone was saying fumble and that's not what I called it at all.

Reactions: Mayoman
This board sucks. Goodbye.
Matt Bevin the carpetbagger screwed us the most corrupt Governor in KY I have ever witnessed. Had neither the right or the authority to do what he did. Since UK football players like to punch women in the face Beshear should replace the entire board of UK with UofL grads. This is disgusting I’m extremely pissed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT