ADVERTISEMENT

Cards v BC

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Off to a terrible start. Second game in a row I don’t see Hennie on the bench.

Had the Cards beaten Syracuse I would have looked at this game as a trap game. But, since that did not happen, coupled with how they lost, I thought they’d come into this game ready to destroy BC from the start. Right now they look totally disorganized and not dialed in.

I am unable to watch the game it is hard for me to believe we didn’t score in double digits the first quarter. In other action ND is losing to UNCST by 18 at home with 6:00 left in the game.

There have only been 3 points scored by Harris, Jefferson and Cochran total. Is there something going on team wise that we don’t know about?

12 turnovers so far. That might be this team’s Achilles heel - middle of the pack in the ACC in that stat.

Reactions: Bardman
Crawling back in woth better defense. Getting fouled and making FTs. Still not making FGs.

Tied at the half, due to the effectiveness of the UofL press. Cards have 14 turnovers and 3 assists so far in this game!

I hope we shake whatever has got a hold of us right now. Right now we are projected to be a 4 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: PushupMan
We’re a hot mess tonight. Can’t seem to get over the hump our best chance is if the BC starters start fouling out.

Reactions: rh62531
I wasn’t able to watch the game I had to nervously watch the score on my phone. I am glad for the win even if was only a 2 point win. I am going to have to catch CJW post game show and see what he says.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Had trouble grabbing rebounds throughout the game, too. Wonder if they looked at BC’s record and figured “We’ve got this!” ? Nerve-wracking game, for sure!

I stated early on in the season that this isn’t a very good passing team. They show flashes; but those are few and far inbetween.

The best passing I have seen this year was the 4th quarter of the ND game. That good passing resulted in 4 three pointers by 4 different players.

I recall Jeff making a post game comment after the ND win that did not specifically mention Hennie, but appears to be directed towards her, as he tried making an excuse for why a player may not have gotten into a game; “was just not the right situation, as there will be other opportunities”.

The NIL and Transfer Portal has changed everything in college sports, and playing time for any player arriving with high expectations (particularly one with height) is critical in terms of remaining on a team. Too many other options as the clock is ticking on their respective careers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT