ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Cards in final two for Missouri OL Boe Wilson

MikeSinger

Mar 7, 2013
Clearwater, Florida
Link: https://louisville.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1781732 (story below as well)

Boe Wilson from Lee's Summit (Mo.) West went a little radio silent recently. It was an odd time to go quiet considering Wilson's recent words that he wanted to commit in the month of July.

Wilson explained to HuskerOnline.com that he got ill and is now feeling not only 100%, but as good as he's ever felt.

BOE-WILSON-150507-1.JPG
spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

Wilson could decide between the Cornhuskers & Cardinals as soon as this weekend.
"I got sick for a while," Wilson said. "I got a cold and it turned into a sinus infection. I feel much better now though. In fact, I bench pressed 375-pounds today. That is my personal best. I really feel great."

The July timeframe for a commitment from Wilson is still a go. In fact, Wilson says that there is a party in the works in the coming days for his college commitment that he's close to announcing.

"That is the plan. In fact, I am planning on hosting a commitment party either this Sunday or early next week when I make my decision. It will be family and friends at my commitment party."

His list of offers has been pared down to just a final two for Wilson. There wasn't anything that the schools he cut didn't do, it was more about what the two who did positively who survived.

"I am down to two," Wilson said. "It's between Louisville and Nebraska. There are a lot of other schools that offered and that I had interest in, but when I sat down and thought about it I really kept coming back to those two schools."

The two schools are in different conferences and for the most part very different programs currently and historically. However, Wilson said that the two have coaches that he's grown close to and that he really liked the settings of the towns that the colleges are in.

"I really like the town of Louisville," Wilson explained. "It's a sports town. I also really like my recruiting coach and my position coach.

"I have a great relationship with Coach Mike Cavanaugh from Nebraska. I really like Lincoln too and all of the other surrounding towns in the area. It's a sports town too."

Nebraska is hoping that Wilson makes that call for the Cornhuskers in the coming days. The 6-foot-2 and 277-pound Wilson would join offensive line prospects Bryan Brokop and John Raridon in the 2016 class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News