ADVERTISEMENT

Cards at Hoosiers, 6pm ESPNU

PushupMan

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
No Knapczyk or Payton. Noah Smith at SS and Will Vierling at Catcher.

Anderson with a lead off single, but JT Benson flies out to center and the Patrick Forbes grounded into a double play.

Evan Webster gets the start for the Cards.

Vierling with his first career home run! Gives the Cards a 1-0 lead in the 3rd.

Hoosier beating the ball around the park so far. Need to get out of this inning and put some hits together.

Corbett putting the baseball on a tee with those hanging sliders. But hey, maybe if he could choose his own pitches, he may have stayed with the fastball?

Cards just don't have the pitching needed to beat good teams consistently.

Reactions: rh62531
When it was tied 1-1 with one out and an 0-2 count on IU’s #2 hitter, Corbett fooled everyone by throwing strike 3 right down the middle, belt high. Trouble was, the umpire was also fooled and somehow called it a ball. The IU batter hit the next pitch for an RBI single.

Should have been out #2, and perhaps we would have gotten out of this inning a lot sooner.

Gotta get the bats going need a couple runs here to stay within striking distance..

Made a small comeback, but it wasn’t nearly enough. 7-3 Hoosiers. Cards will need to win some of these big midweek games down the stretch to have a shot at hosting a regional again this year.

Made a small comeback, but it wasn’t nearly enough. 7-3 Hoosiers. Cards will need to win some of these big midweek games down the stretch to have a shot at hosting a regional again this year.
Done in by one bad inning..

Reactions: Deeva
Not a mature team. Coach needs to utilize the trans portal. Others are passing us by.

Just imagine the talent that would come to Louisville if McDonnell sought it. He could shore up the starting rotation and bullpen with 3 or 4 guys. He could get a power hitter or two.

5 portal transfers is all it would take.

Dan has a decision to make maintain the course and develop kids or go into the portal. Very young on offense and pitching overall is inconsistent. No MLB type pitchers on this staff mainly due to control issues.

We were ranked 12th going into this game not like we are cellar dwellers. And, we lost this game basically because of one bad inning.

Coach Mac's teams never get rolling until May. I wouldn't shovel dirt on his coaching style or our post season chances just yet..

Reactions: 2330859
So easy for fans like us to get frustrated when the kids fail to execute. We are young, particularly with Christian and Jack sitting in the dugout.

Dan is one of the most competitive coaches you will ever meet, and I am talking all sports, not just baseball. He is acutely aware of these teams that we face week in and week out who have reloaded with transfers via the Portal, and I am sure he is already weighing the risks vs rewards for future decisions about his roster.

As for me, I expect Dan will recognize the necessity of participating in the Portal, as I suspect he not only sees opportunities for gaining much needed experienced talent, I bet he can envision some of his our own talented underclassmen entering the Portal as well.

Glass half full approach - Top 25 decimated by upsets yesterday. Take a look.

Top programs get best recruits and, if they pan out, they are done in 3 yrs and constant churn to reload.

Just below top get transfer talent that is experience, mature but where MLB is not the likely end goal. With COVID that's only gotten worse w/ those same players getting 5 and 6 total years regardless of how many programs they go through to use them all.

Tough nut to crack but I have confidence in McD. Hope Payton, Knap & Kilen get healthy quickly.

Reactions: earsky and Deeva
Yes,I am patiently waiting for the re-emergence of some of our Juniors while impatiently hoping these injured guys return. There's plenty of time to get hot,but we have to find the wins in the meantime.

Any number of young guys that could help get thru this stretch of the season could hopefully bust out. I do believe the offense will need to get it going right after Derby..or before. They will have to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT