ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari/Bozich/Barhart LOL crying

The fact is UK was better than their seed, the committee changes the metrics as they go.
Because you (and the rest of BHN) believe uk is better than their seed, DOES NOT make it a fact Bill. You yourself explain this subjectivity when you highlight that the committee "changes the metric as they go". FACTS don't change but OPINIONS surely do...

Pointing out facts is not crying, UK has been shafted in seeding every year they weren't a clear cut 1 seed since Calipari has been there. Calipari complaining about it is bringing light to the screw job the committee has given to some teams, and most sports shows and articles have said he was right.

The refs played a huge part in 2 big losses for UK this year, and in particular a certain crew.
I'd say that I'm stunned by the whining and crying by the blow hard faithful but that would be ridiculous. So do you think you'd have a better shot taking TAMs place playing in the West bracket against Oregon, Texas, Baylor, Duke, VCU(always tough) or Oregon St(who's decent this year too) and Oklahoma? Please...stop with your victim bellyaching. The SEZ was flat horrible this year. Vandy got in for what reason I am still trying to figure out. That leaves TWO SEZ teams that even deserve consideration much less anything from a 3 line or above. In the SEZ "tournament" uk got to play against 18-13 Alabama and 18-13 Georgia before finally taking out TAM in OT in front of basically a home court advantage crowd in Nashville. uk was lucky to get a 4 seed IMO.

Besides, the entire field is down this year. It's not like the committee had clear cut choices for any seed and that even includes all four 1s and 2s. You can almost interchange the top 8 seeds and it wouldn't change much except for where they have to play and their matchups.

I hope uk gets ousted the first weekend by IU just to shut you bunch of ignorant self-entitled crybabies up. It's pathetic that you people think you get mistreated by the committee when you've lost games to some of the worst teams in the SEZ who aren't even playing in the post season. Get a clue. By the way, the blind comparison will prove that TAM is actually the better team for the higher seed. Thinking an OT tournament win on a neutral court gets you a bump is silly. The only way that helps that late is if you HAVE to win to get in. It's not enough to sway one way or the other for a seed line IMO when the two are so close in comparison. TAM had about the same number of quality wins and less bad losses. Heck, uk had some of the worst losses of any team still ranked right now.

At some point you have to look at the Selection Committee and say it is what it is. It's never going to get much better than it is now due to its nature. The only way to "fix" the problem is to blow the whole thing up and find a different way to do it. Until then, the SC will continue to face accusations of corruption and incompetence.

The good news is, they let 68 teams in, so the best team is probably somewhere in the field (maybe not this year without UofL!) and will have a chance to compete for the Championship. You can't ask for too much more than that. Well, I guess you can, but why bother? As they say in poker, give me a chip and a chair and I'll win the World Series.

It's not just the BBN saying it! It's basically everyone but you.
Even if that were true - and I think that we both know that statement besides being hyperbolic is patently false - that still would not constitute a fact. Here, I'll help you out as you seem to be struggling with the definition.

FACT -
NOUN
  1. a thing that is indisputably the case
  2. something that actually exists; reality; truth
Just out of curiosity, what actually constitutes "basically everyone"? That sounds like a number akin to leventy-leven... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cue Card
Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart calls for change to NCAA Tournament selection process
Posted: Mar 14, 2016 5:31 PM EDTUpdated: Mar 14, 2016 5:39 PM EDT
By David Schuh
CONNECT

• Kentucky Athletic Director Mitch Barnhart released a statement saying how the NCAA Tournament selection process needs to change in the future.

BOZICH | Calipari is right: Something smells with Kentucky's NCAA four seed
    Posted: Mar 13, 2016 8:26 PM EDT
61499494.jpg

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Even if that were true - and I think that we both know that statement besides being hyperbolic is patently false - that still would not constitute a fact. Here, I'll help you out as you seem to be struggling with the definition.

FACT -
NOUN
  1. a thing that is indisputably the case
  2. something that actually exists; reality; truth
Just out of curiosity, what actually constitutes "basically everyone"? That sounds like a number akin to leventy-leven... :rolleyes:

I just drove 3 hours to Muscle Shoals, listened to college sportsnation the entire way. Every guest and commentator said the committee did a poor job seeding, and UK was one of the teams continually brought up as being seeded wrong. It's not just Calipari or UK fans saying it.

I just drove 3 hours to Muscle Shoals, listened to college sportsnation the entire way. Every guest and commentator said the committee did a poor job seeding, and UK was one of the teams continually brought up as being seeded wrong. It's not just Calipari or UK fans saying it.
Guess I'll take your word for that but even not hearing it, my guess is that anyone not in BHN that brought up the yuts, did so in the context of their 4 and TA&M's 3 seed - which has been explained ad nauseum.

Regardless, that's a far cry from "everyone besides me" thinking they were under seeded and, still nowhere close to rising to the level of fact.

The term I heard was if UK had been seeded properly, and they were talking about Stony Brook at the time. Not to mention Indiana being seeded poorly as well. They finished first in the Big Ten, and received a 5? I understand they had a weaker conference schedule, but they still won by 2 games.

The term I heard was if UK had been seeded properly, and they were talking about Stony Brook at the time. Not to mention Indiana being seeded poorly as well. They finished first in the Big Ten, and received a 5? I understand they had a weaker conference schedule, but they still won by 2 games.
Bill - buddy, I'm not going to sit here and debate you about whether or not you agree with the seeding process - I'll go ahead and stipulate that you don't. You're looking for complete objectivity (provided it coincides with your brand of objectivity) in what is clearly a subjective process.

Incessantly whining about it - and every other tiny perceived slight - as calipari and BHN do, only serves to make both more loathsome to the rest of the sporting world. I can promise you, at best not one other person, group or program cares if uk got under seeded and in reality, they enjoy feasting on your tears.

My point wasn't just about UK, the committee did a bad job this year, I'm not in the minority in that thinking.
I'm not whining, I'm discussing it on a sports message board. In the end we have no say in the matter, but it's fun to go back and forth on.

Reactions: JohnKBA
I like where Kentucky is as I relish the possibility that Kentucky could play Indiana, UNC, and West Virginia in consecutive games.

As far as seeding problems, FiveThirtyEight.com is a fantastic statistics website that covers sports and politics and is usually spot on with analysis and predictions. During the tournament, I read FiveThirtyEight and KenPom and ignore most of the other stuff out there. They agreed that there were some interesting seeding choices here: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/making-sense-of-an-ncaa-tournament-bracket-that-makes-no-sense/

Honestly, I think the worst seeding was making Oregon a 1-seed over Michigan State.

My point wasn't just about UK, the committee did a bad job this year, I'm not in the minority in that thinking.
I'm not whining, I'm discussing it on a sports message board. In the end we have no say in the matter, but it's fun to go back and forth on.

Committee does a bad job every year. Only this year you guys are whining about it. A lot.

Every year, at least one team gets a lower seed than they deserve. There are lots of teams who probably got seeded lower than they deserve, which means that there are probably teams that got seeded higher than they deserved.

Cal's sanctimonious "it doesn't punish us, it punishes the other teams lower than us" was clearly BS, as was his "moving target" claim. There never was one single factor determining seeds, and there never will be. He knows that, too. The demand for transparency, so he can "know what to do" is even bigger BS. I'll tell him what he needs to do: WIN GAMES. Don't lose at Tennessee or at Vanderbilt, thus making your team an enigma in the eyes of the committee as well as everyone else.

There is no perfect formula to decide what team should be where when you are looking at these 68 teams. The best thing to do is to accept that this is part of the process being handled by imperfect human beings and play the team that you are slotted to play. You take your seed, you man up and play the team you are scheduled to play, and If you win, you move on to play the next team. After that, the seeds really don't matter.

Taking their seed and manning up is what Cal, and Barnhardt should have done. The fact that they decided to speak up on ESPN or in a letter makes them look like crybabies. Seeing UK get seeded below Texas A&M made me scratch my head, too, but it is one of several seedings where people could disagree with the committee. I don't see why their issue is so special or should get more air time compared to that of other teams.

I don't even know why he bothers. We've been in the same situation before, underseeded in both 2011 and 2014, and it didn't matter. Just go coach the games. He has a team that can get to Houston if they play well. Focus on that instead of playing the victim.

Why don't UK fans here go discuss UK on their board? No one here is going to worship Cal like you guys do.

I don't even know why he bothers. We've been in the same situation before, underseeded in both 2011 and 2014, and it didn't matter. Just go coach the games. He has a team that can get to Houston if they play well. Focus on that instead of playing the victim.
John, I agree. In the end, you have to win at least 6 games. Wichita State will have to win 6 more games after destroying Vanderbilt last night in their 11 seed match up.

Win 6 games and it doesn't matter what seed you were given or screwed with. Just win 6 games. That's everyone's goal.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Why do uahkay fans always forget that when C.M. Newton was their AD and WAS on the selection committee for several years they received every damn break in the "seeding" book all the while UofL was continually sent out west to make it difficult for our fans to travel to those destinations. Well, I guess it's because those folks think they are entitled to special treatment. Why, I don't know other than they are stupid and ignorant.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Committee does a bad job every year. Only this year you guys are whining about it. A lot.

Well, In most people's mind UK got hosed in seeding. The committee made the conference tourney pointless. UK had just beaten A and M and tied them for conference reg season and they get a lower seed.

Why do uahkay fans always forget that when C.M. Newton was their AD and WAS on the selection committee for several years they received every damn break in the "seeding" book all the while UofL was continually sent out west to make it difficult for our fans to travel to those destinations. Well, I guess it's because those folks think they are entitled to special treatment. Why, I don't know other than they are stupid and ignorant.

I was thinking about that last night, UK did receive some favorable seeds when Tubby was coach.

So what?!? Jeeze Bill it's like crying over spilled milk. Plus are you just going to ignore the comment about C. M. Newton's "reign" and his selection committee votes AGAINST putting UofL anywhere near a decent location? Just quit the bitching and go play mighty Stoney Brook, or whomever. And then get ready for a real opponent in IU.

I think this issue is getting blown way out of proportion. It's not like UK got left out of the Tournament, or got a 12 seed. They are maybe off by 1 seed.

Michigan State and Oregon are probably off by 1 seed.

This is the kind of thing you should shrug your shoulders and move on. I think that's why UofL fans are making so much fun of Calipari and red faced UK fans who still haven't let it go after days.

I think this issue is getting blown way out of proportion. It's not like UK got left out of the Tournament, or got a 12 seed. They are maybe off by 1 seed.

This is the kind of thing you should shrug your shoulders and move on. I think that's why UofL fans are making so much fun of Calipari and red faced UK fans who still haven't let it go after days.
Exactly right. I recall when the Cards were ranked 4th in the country, won their conference and conference tourney, had a top 10 RPI and SOS and got saddled with a 4 seed. Before the announcement, some of the talking heads were projecting the Cards as a 1 seed. Most were saying a 2 seed lock, and I don't remember Pitino screaming to the press like a man on meth out of control. He was upset about it, but he didn't go postal over it.

Just prove them wrong. If UofK is all that and then some, then go win 6 games and shut everyone up. Regardless, stop bitching about it. It's done.

Reactions: shadow force
I do agree there was a problem with the seeding. But yut fans are most upset that aTm got the higher seed but the truth of the matter is that giving aTm a 3 seed was one of the huge mistakes made by the committee. They should have been given a 5 seed and whiney baby U is correctly seeded at 4. No yut fan showed any respect for the CARDS this year but in the final analysis UK's close win over UL at Rape arena was their best win of the year. No win in the SEC is worth much and the only OOC wins UK had were UL and Duke and with losses to UCLA, Ohio State, Auburn and Tenn. how in the world could you justify a seed higher than 4?

No win in the SEC is worth much and the only OOC wins UK had were UL and Duke and with losses to UCLA, Ohio State, Auburn and Tenn. how in the world could you justify a seed higher than 4?
They also lost to LSU who refused an NIT bid after failing to make the NCAA tourney.They lost to Vandy too who got hammered by 20 points in the 11 seed match up against Wichita State. That's 6 BAD losses.

The 4 seed was justified when you look at the losses to bad teams. 2 good wins all year out of conference, and 1 good win in the SEC tourney with zero good wins during regular conference play. That's a 4 seed at best. Texas A&M was grossly over seeded as a 3.

Last edited:

The thing is this is the 3rd time the committees seeded UK poorly since Calipari has been here, that's what irks UK fans. That and A and M's draw which should be the Cats is significantly easier.
Oregon is seeded properly, but MSU should have UVA's seed. The committee made up for that by putting MSU close to home with a fairly easy path the first couple of rounds.

I do agree there was a problem with the seeding. But yut fans are most upset that aTm got the higher seed but the truth of the matter is that giving aTm a 3 seed was one of the huge mistakes made by the committee. They should have been given a 5 seed and whiney baby U is correctly seeded at 4. No yut fan showed any respect for the CARDS this year but in the final analysis UK's close win over UL at Rape arena was their best win of the year. No win in the SEC is worth much and the only OOC wins UK had were UL and Duke and with losses to UCLA, Ohio State, Auburn and Tenn. how in the world could you justify a seed higher than 4?

Because every metric has them as a higher seed than 4.

The thing is this is the 3rd time the committees seeded UK poorly since Calipari has been here, that's what irks UK fans. That and A and M's draw which should be the Cats is significantly easier.
Oregon is seeded properly, but MSU should have UVA's seed. The committee made up for that by putting MSU close to home with a fairly easy path the first couple of rounds.
Further evidence that it's a subjective process. Clearly the committee dislikes cow. Maybe if he ever STHU and quit acting like a schoolyard girl, the yuts could get a better seed.

Guess we'll never know - lol.

Further evidence that it's a subjective process. Clearly the committee dislikes cow. Maybe if he ever STHU and quit acting like a schoolyard girl, the yuts could get a better seed.

Guess we'll never know - lol.

I'd like to disagree with you, but I can't. Cal peobably shouldn't have called out the committee Saturday, and I thought that as soon as I heard it.
Unfortunately he's not the only coach in the state that would be best served keeping his thoughts to himself the rest of March.

Reactions: awf and BPGhost
I'd like to disagree with you, but I can't. Cal peobably shouldn't have called out the committee Saturday, and I thought that as soon as I heard it.
Unfortunately he's not the only coach in the state that would be best served keeping his thoughts to himself the rest of March.
On that, we can both agree - lol.

I am thinking of buying a puppy. If I do I'm going to name it Cal. That way I'll know that it's whining is a completely natural occurence and it won't bother me.

I am not whining. I like the draw. You and UNC have a bigger beef than UK. Why do you think both UL and UK have medium to above average success when playing UNC or IU? I admit both UNC and IU have great offenses. Always do. Just outscore the competition...defense optional. UL and UK do play defense (I regrettably concede CRP is an even better defensive coach). Regardless of who wins between IU and UK either team matches up with UNC well. Do you think the NCAA wants a champion this year under investigation? IU will gladly enter a run and gun 3 point contest with UNC and UK will slow the game, make UNC expend energy on defense and shoot some threes. Why do you think that bracket was stacked with conference champions? If UNC wins this year they deserve it...but don't think it is a lock. I would hate to see Roy cry again this year. UNC...has the talent...the seed...but will not be in Carolina. It is theirs to lose. We shall see. Good luck. JMHO.

Uk plays in a conference that sucks...period. Bill take your uk crap back to the uk board and hour uk buddies with you. There is no respect for you or your cayuts here. Beat it.

Uk plays in a conference that sucks...period. Bill take your uk crap back to the uk board and hour uk buddies with you. There is no respect for you or your cayuts here. Beat it.

Easy now Lee Harvey. Everyone agrees with us on our board. What's the fun in that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT