ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari/Bozich/Barhart LOL crying

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart calls for change to NCAA Tournament selection process
Posted: Mar 14, 2016 5:31 PM EDTUpdated: Mar 14, 2016 5:39 PM EDT
By David Schuh
CONNECT

• Kentucky Athletic Director Mitch Barnhart released a statement saying how the NCAA Tournament selection process needs to change in the future.

BOZICH | Calipari is right: Something smells with Kentucky's NCAA four seed
    Posted: Mar 13, 2016 8:26 PM EDT

Reactions: blubo
UK lost to Auburn, LSU, Tennessee, UCLA and Ohio State. That's five teams not in the NCAA tournament. Why do they think they deserve a higher seed? Because they needed a lucky break to beat Georgia? (Frazier injury) Because they beat Texas A&M in overtime? Or is it because they barely lost to Kansas?

All these years UK fans in my family ask me why I despise UK so much and here's a perfect example. A 4 seed is worthy of a 8 loss team from a conference that barely got three teams in the tournament. UK fans deserve what they got with Calipari. They will see soon enough what he has cost them.

In 2005 we were nationally number 4 in both polls and the RPI after winning CUSA reg season and tourney in a true road game championship vs a good Memphis team. We got a 4 seed. It happens.
We were also a 4 seed as defending champs and some in the media complained. Pitino and Jurich said little and never said changes had to be made. They just played and ultimately proved they should have been a higher seed as Uconn ended up winning the whole thing. A Uconn team that the Cards destroyed three times that season.

I remember Pitino being pissed about your seeding, especially in 2005, rightfully so.

The issue at hand is that this is at least the third time in 6 appearances at UK that the Cats were seeded poorly.

The committee did an awful job this year, all around.

I remember Pitino being pissed about your seeding, especially in 2005, rightfully so.

The issue at hand is that this is at least the third time in 6 appearances at UK that the Cats were seeded poorly.

So do you think that in 2014 they should've seeded them on talent, instead of actual season long results? And Pitino has never cried like a drunken fool over the seedings.

So do you think that in 2014 they should've seeded them on talent, instead of actual season long results? And Pitino has never cried like a drunken fool over the seedings.

No I don't, but they should've had a better seed than an 8. The results bear that out as well.

Good article and glad it's getting national attention. Why play a Sunday conference tournament championship if it's not even going to be recognized. UK deserved the 3 seed that went to Texas A&M. Same for Michigan State. Why play on Sunday if they're not going to recognize the game. Syracuse, Michigan and Vandy had no business being in. Worst job in years by the committee and that's why they're getting blasted

Good article and glad it's getting national attention. Why play a Sunday conference tournament championship if it's not even going to be recognized. UK deserved the 3 seed that went to Texas A&M. Same for Michigan State. Why play on Sunday if they're not going to recognize the game. Syracuse, Michigan and Vandy had no business being in. Worst job in years by the committee and that's why they're getting blasted
Wasn't an issue when he had a roster full of lottery picks. Just so happens he has team not as great and won't be ab;e to just win on talent alone this tourney. exposure is a mf! You don't see any other high level coach act this way.

Reactions: blubo and BPGhost
Wasn't an issue when he had a roster full of lottery picks. Just so happens he has team not as great and won't be ab;e to just win on talent alone this tourney. exposure is a mf! You don't see any other high level coach act this way.

Meh. Cal has taken UK to the final four as a one seed, four seed, 8 seed - it really doesn't matter. He's the most reliable tourney coach of the last decade, never flames out early, and has been to the final four in 5 of the last 7 tourneys he has coached. I think the four seed was probably fair in a vacuum, but aTm got gifted an easy path out west despite having worse numbers than UK across the board. Obviously the committee didn't value the SEC title game, and that's fine. We'll settle it on the floor and live with the results.

Much like your UK centric narrative on the "alleged" Ulis kick to the head of Texas A&M's Jalen Jones, there ARE also differing opinions out there on Calipari's very vocal complaining. Sure, some agree with Calipari that A&M shouldn't have been seeded higher than UK, and there are also some out there that feel that Calipari's complaining went overboard with his charge that the committee regularly under seeds Kentucky. Reece Davis kept trying to get him to elaborate on air about his claim of committee bias towards UK. And I've not heard anybody "blasting" the committee's seeding as the "worst in in years". This year is just like every other year, there are obvious irregularities that people agree on, and every year, some programs feels like they got screwed...they just don't complain as loudly as Calipari did. And finally, as far as Calipari and Barnhart complaining about Sunday's games results not having the impact they would like, that is going to have to be up to the SEC to decide to stop having their title game on Sunday. The comittee isn't going to bend to accommodate the SEC.

Listening to college sports nation on Sirius today it was a constant stream of commentators saying how the committee did an awful job this year.

Tulsa and Syracuse had no business making the tournament, none.
Monmouth got screwed, UK getting a 4 seed and A and M a 3 is a joke.
Kansas in the South is absurd, that was the committees way of making up to MSU for not getting a one seed.
UVA and MSU possibly meeting for the 3rd straight year is awful.

The committee went for match ups instead of actually seeding teams where they belonged.

Reactions: CatPhight and blubo
What's going to happen if the committee keeps ignoring Sunday conference championships is they will all move to Saturday.
In this day and age there is no reason to not be capable of taking Sunday championships into account for the tournament.

Maybe your coach and fan base should take a shot at not being such sniveling little crybabies, ready to riot at the tiniest perceived slight.

And yut fans wonder why their program is so despised. They like to delude themselves with the notion that it's because they're successful but really, it's simply because they're loathsome.

No you won't because you either have class or you don't. It can't be bought - even at 8 million per season.

Much like your UK centric narrative on the "alleged" Ulis kick to the head of Texas A&M's Jalen Jones, there ARE also differing opinions out there on Calipari's very vocal complaining. Sure, some agree with Calipari that A&M shouldn't have been seeded higher than UK, and there are also some out there that feel that Calipari's complaining went overboard with his charge that the committee regularly under seeds Kentucky. Reece Davis kept trying to get him to elaborate on air about his claim of committee bias towards UK. And I've not heard anybody "blasting" the committee's seeding as the "worst in in years". This year is just like every other year, there are obvious irregularities that people agree on, and every year, some programs feels like they got screwed...they just don't complain as loudly as Calipari did. And finally, as far as Calipari and Barnhart complaining about Sunday's games results not having the impact they would like, that is going to have to be up to the SEC to decide to stop having their title game on Sunday. The comittee isn't going to bend to accommodate the SEC.

They should bend. They did the same thing to the Big Ten. Message boards and national radio was filled yesterday with talk of the poor and inconsistent performance of the committee. Maybe should have listened to that instead of trying to create a kicking incident that nobody sees but a handful of paranoid UL fans.

Listening to college sports nation on Sirius today it was a constant stream of commentators saying how the committee did an awful job this year.

Tulsa and Syracuse had no business making the tournament, none.
Monmouth got screwed, UK getting a 4 seed and A and M a 3 is a joke.
Kansas in the South is absurd, that was the committees way of making up to MSU for not getting a one seed.
UVA and MSU possibly meeting for the 3rd straight year is awful.

The committee went for match ups instead of actually seeding teams where they belonged.
So if Kentucky was so underseeded as a 4 , why isn't UNC complaining? They are the 1 seed, it seems as though they'd be upset too, but they aren't.

Your fanbase complains (cries) about everything...the refs are out to get you...the committee is out to get you...........

They should bend. They did the same thing to the Big Ten. Message boards and national radio was filled yesterday with talk of the poor and inconsistent performance of the committee. Maybe should have listened to that instead of trying to create a kicking incident that nobody sees but a handful of paranoid UL fans.

I guess you didn't bother to read the handful of national stories on the kicking incident written by national "paranoid UofL fans" that I linked....or the quotes from Jalen Jones himself. That took about a 1 minute search outside of my home board to find. And as far as the inconsistent performance of the committee, that gets talked about every year, mostly by those who feel they got screwed, which is a few programs...every year. Just because BBN feels they got screwed (UH-gin), doesn't mean the rest of the nation is mourning your pain. Most everybody else in the country had moved and on were discussing the match ups and picking their brackets yesterday. Perhaps if you read or listened to something other than Rupp's Rafters and KSR radio you might be able to see beyond BBN. Look...you're IN the tournament, you're one of the favorites to go far. Quit whining (and trying to convince others your pain is real) and enjoy the NCAAT ride. Sure sounds like you're letting the committee "steal your joy". SMH...first world problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman and BPGhost
So if Kentucky was so underseeded as a 4 , why isn't UNC complaining? They are the 1 seed, it seems as though they'd be upset too, but they aren't.

Your fanbase complains (cries) about everything...the refs are out to get you...the committee is out to get you...........

Pointing out facts is not crying, UK has been shafted in seeding every year they weren't a clear cut 1 seed since Calipari has been there. Calipari complaining about it is bringing light to the screw job the committee has given to some teams, and most sports shows and articles have said he was right.

The refs played a huge part in 2 big losses for UK this year, and in particular a certain crew.

Aren't you guys the ones with the current multiple conspiracy theories? Nike, WWW, ESPN, Drake, Beyoncé, etc.?A&M getting the 3 in the weakest bracket and moving us to the 4 in the hardest bracket is my only complaint. Don't care about location. Don't even care that we're a 4. Just upset that they made the decision before Sunday's game.
Then the Director said they gave Oregon the 1 seed because they won their tournament. So no consistency with that theory.

I guess you didn't bother to read the handful of national stories on the kicking incident written by national "paranoid UofL fans" that I linked....or the quotes from Jalen Jones himself. That took about a 1 minute search outside of my home board to find. And as far as the inconsistent performance of the committee, that gets talked about every year, mostly by those who feel they got screwed, which is a few programs...every year. Just because BBN feels they got screwed (UH-gin), doesn't mean the rest of the nation is mourning your pain. Most everybody else in the country had moved and on were discussing the match ups and picking their brackets yesterday. Perhaps if you read or listened to something other than Rupp's Rafters and KSR radio you might be able to see beyond BBN. Look...your IN the tournament, you're one of the favorites to go far. Quit whining (and trying to convince others your pain is real) and enjoy the NCAAT ride. Sure sounds like you're letting the committee "steal your joy". SMH...first world problems.
I did and shared them with my UL and IU buddies. We watched the video together because (like me) we watched the game together and don't even remember the incident. Nobody saw anything. I saw a quote from the other player that said he didn't purposely kick him which would explain why no members of the media ran with your non story. I don't listen or read KSR. Mostly national news. You're missing the point. Cal has a good point that needs answered about the conference tournament.

Maybe calimari should look at it a different way. Maybe they are seeded 4th but their first round opponent should be a 16th seed. Not knocking the kids at Stony Brook but this is their 1st appearance ever in the tournament.

Reactions: Cards1261 and blubo
Pointing out facts is not crying, UK has been shafted in seeding every year they weren't a clear cut 1 seed since Calipari has been there. Calipari complaining about it is bringing light to the screw job the committee has given to some teams, and most sports shows and articles have said he was right.

The refs played a huge part in 2 big losses for UK this year, and in particular a certain crew.
I don't think the word "fact" means what you think it means - lol. A fan base's subjective opinion / paranoid delusions don't rise to the level of fact - no matter whether it comes from Brainfart or Grover Sales.

Has there ever been a bigger collection of whiny babies than BHN?

UK has been under seeded 3 years, both years they got to the final 4, those are facts.

UK finished the year in the top 10 this year, yet didn't even get the top seeded 4 seed?

Reactions: CatPhight
As veterans of being under seeded as a rule, your crying is Mothers Milk to us. It detracts from the tourney, from your enjoyment as a fan and proves yet again the inordinate privilege UK fans award the unwashed who get to bask in their brown aura.

UK is the single most detested fan base in America. Hell, you guys make Dook look good. This is simply a further manifestation. Wow, a 4 seed instead of a 3!! We got a 4 the year we were ranked #3 in the country, lol. And still made a FF. Who ever heard anything so dreadful?? I hope you guys hire lawyers and form rioting crowds of upset wankers for weeks to come..

UK should have been seeded higher than AM since they beat them for the SEC title. UK 4 and AM 5 would have been appropriate.

I've been saying this since Sunday - the 4 seed for UK is correct based on our resume. We could complain a bit about aTm getting a higher seed, but what's the point? We had to go through #1 overall seed OSU in 2011 and did it, had to go through undefeated Wichita St and Kenpom #1 Louisville in 2014 and did it. Just go out there and play the teams in front of you. I bet the players don't care, they just want to play.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
UK has been under seeded 3 years, both years they got to the final 4, those are facts.

UK finished the year in the top 10 this year, yet didn't even get the top seeded 4 seed?
Please finish your thought and let us all know why the committee (made up of substantially different members each year) has so chronically devalued the yuts with respect to seeding them for the NCAA. Is it a vast conspiracy to keep UCLA the title leader? Is it done to drive hits to a web site? Perhaps there is a litmus test for becoming a committee member that includes hating the color blue - lol.

Seeding the teams for the tournament has criteria but at the end of the day, it is a subjective exercise. Based upon that reality, there is no such thing as a "fact" that the yuts or any other team has been under seeded - much less historically under seeded as you seem to be making the case for. I assume that you had no trouble with being the top seed for the NIT in 2013? :rolleyes:

The fact is UK was better than their seed, the committee changes the metrics as they go. Sometimes, like this year it's changed in the same bracket.

They say one team gets a seed due to the conference tourney, then not even use another.

I think alot of it is just old fashioned cronyism.

I'm thrilled UK is playing in the tournament, the games will be fun. Who knows how it will all play out, Hell it may ot be anywhere close to chalk.

As veterans of being under seeded as a rule, your crying is Mothers Milk to us. It detracts from the tourney, from your enjoyment as a fan and proves yet again the inordinate privilege UK fans award the unwashed who get to bask in their brown aura.

UK is the single most detested fan base in America. Hell, you guys make Dook look good. This is simply a further manifestation. Wow, a 4 seed instead of a 3!! We got a 4 the year we were ranked #3 in the country, lol. And still made a FF. Who ever heard anything so dreadful?? I hope you guys hire lawyers and form rioting crowds of upset wankers for weeks to come..

The single most detested fanbase in America, lol. According to whom?

Reactions: CatPhight
I'll save you the trouble Bill:

2. Kentucky Basketball
Who remembers when John Calipari was the head basketball coach at Memphis? Wildcat fans tore him apart, calling him a liar and a cheater. Now that he’s their new coach, they worship him. A man who has had 2 Final Four appearances vacated due to NCAA violations, Calipari epitomizes the values of this fan base- win at all costs. This “one-and-done” program has quickly become the most hated in all of college basketball.

Before I read MB's statement, I said to myself "good for him." The selection process, the selection show, etc., it's all quite silly. The actual process of selection is subjective and predetermined for the most part. Then I read his statement. What a pathetic loser. I can picture him saying those words in that dippy voice and with that "aw, shucks" look on his face. I got zero respect for that dope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT