ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING: Cal to Arkansas, update on portal

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
I’m alive. Been a very busy weekend for me on a personal level. Will get everything updated tonight.

Think there could be one or two current Kentucky commits that Louisville kicks the tires on.

On Dante Maddox Jr. — Source tells me it’s likely going to come down to Louisville and Illinois.

Louisville is working on Freddie Dilione from Tennessee. And let me say this, I’ve talked to three people that cover basketball on the grassroots level, and all three said this kid is extremely talented and a very good player.

• Graduated early from Word of God Christian Academy in Raleigh, North Carolina, where he was coached by Byron Williams, and opted to enroll at Tennessee in January of 2023.
  • Was rated as high as No. 24 overall in the Class of 2023 by 247Sports and also was the top-rated prospect in the state of North Carolina per the 247Sports composite.
  • Was named to the 2023 Jersey Mike’s Naismith Boys High School Player of the Year watch list.
  • Was one of 50 nationwide standouts named to the watch list for the 2022-23 USA TODAY Boys Basketball Player of the Year award.
  • On Nov. 8, 2022, Dilione broke the Overtime Elite league single-game scoring record with a 36-point performance against the OSL Falcons.
  • As a junior during his breakout 2021-22 season at Word of God Christian Academy, he averaged 25.4 points, 7.2 rebounds and 6.9 assists per game.
Dilione can fill it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News