ADVERTISEMENT

Brooke Gray to Louisville Softball

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Louisville Softball got a commitment from the best pitcher in the state yesterday when Ballard senior announced she was going join the Cards.
"After much consideration I have decided to further my academic and athletic career at the University of Louisville. Blessed to get to do what I love in the city that I love."

She went 31-0, allowing 26 runs in 165 innings and struck out 350 batters. Ballard won the state championship (39-0) and Gray was the MVP

--sonja--

Great to hear this not only is she a good athlete but she is also a local I love it when we keep the talent home.

Reactions: WahooCard
It really does start with pitching; huge development for UL Women’s Softball.

Question for anyone who has seen her pitch. Her stats are obviously phenomenal. How is KY softball compared to CA, OK, FL, etc? We’ve had these discussions regarding football recruiting. Oftentimes we would say taking a 3-star from FL is better than 4-star (or better) from KY. I hope she is as stellar as her stats reflect as we all know pitching is the key.

Question for anyone who has seen her pitch. Her stats are obviously phenomenal. How is KY softball compared to CA, OK, FL, etc? We’ve had these discussions regarding football recruiting. Oftentimes we would say taking a 3-star from FL is better than 4-star (or better) from KY. I hope she is as stellar as her stats reflect as we all know pitching is the key.
We're probably better than half the states that offer high school softball. Gray is fantastic. Saw her pitch this spring and she struck out 13, if I remember right, in a seven-inning romp of a fairly decent Louisville school. She'll be a good one for the Cards.

--sonja--

That is awesome! Let’s hope she has a great senior year!

Softball in general in and around Louisville, southern Indiana, and Mt Washington is as good as anywhere in the Ohio Valley Region ……. Men and Women alike.

You can trace it back to the 70s and the 80s when Jiffy Club was as good as any Men’s Softball in all of America. It was so popular that Louisville was the host for a number of National Championship Tournaments each year, and Women‘s Softball gained attention and resulted in developing leagues of their own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT