ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO: Brohm Post Game

Jeff accepted responsibility for the numerous mistakes, some of which go direct to this staff. However, a bad long snap, a dropped pass into the hands of a DB and careless ball control by a QB leading to a fumble belong to individual players, but failing to call timeout when your DB is injured, and there is obvious confusion with the substitution that lead to incorrect coverage on a critical 3rd down …….. saw it the week before on the last series before halftime against GT, when our secondary was confused with coverage on the long pass reception.

Our defense played extremely well for most all of the game; regrettably confusion with coverage on just a very few critical plays have come at the worst possible time.

Very frustrating that in winning the stats like the Kentucky game last year we lose because of mistakes. Also English needs to be aggressive starting the game and not wait until after we get behind.
The last three game the D has started slow and it takes a half to lockdown a running QB, none of which should have been a surprise. All 3 QB’s were known to be a run threat.
I’ve never been an English fan but hope they straighten those things out because SMU is no joke.

Reactions: CardsDan
Don't hand ND 17 points off BS and then get continually screwed over by the calls throughout. I'm sorry JJ blindside block was BS, that's first and 10 at the 30. Double PI, never seen it before in my life. Spotting the ball a half yard shot on our final drive, absolutely a joke.

I will say I don't understand some of JBs calls on some critical plays, but I won't be that guy. I call the plays for our 5/6th grade team so I can only imagine what all is flying around in his head. Very easy to overthink the call and outsmart yourself!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT