ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm #1, but Neal Brown is worth a serious look

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
Jeff has always been my first choice, and I hope that he will return home where his family wants him to live and coach.

OK, things are not always as simple as they appear to be, so what options do we have? There are clearly a lot of excellent candidates out there, but if Vince does not at least reach out and talk to Neal Brown, we will be missing a very excellent opportunity. Anyone interviewing Brown can ascertain his level of motivation, and rather quickly determine if any remnant loyalties exist at a rival school. Just for comparative purposes, look at how much closer Brohm is to UL than Brown is to UK; yet, Jeff appears to be struggling in his decision to return home to UL over Purdue.

Brown’s UK connection is over—stated ........... Neal transferred from UK and enrolled at UMass where he graduated. Growing up in Boyle Co KY does not necessarily make you a die-hard UK fan (just look at the Leffew brothers). The majority of Brown’s experience goes back to Troy (assistant coach & HC) and Texas Tech, not so much at UK. Tony Franklin and Tommy Tuberville have more influence in Brown’s football education than either Mumme or Stoops.

Troy is located in South Alabama, very close to the upper peninsula of Florida, a very fertile recruiting ground. This guy is innovative and smart; his offense demands that his players play fast and that requires as much mental discipline as it does physicality ............... something this UL team needs desperately.

Again, Jeff is my 1st choice, but eliminating Brown as a candidate if Jeff declines UL would be a huge mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News