ADVERTISEMENT

Brendan McKay called up to the Rays

Brendan put on 7 day IR list. Luckily it is only shoulder fatigue. I was hoping the Rays wouldn’t rush him too soon. It’s been a great opportunity and hopefully he’ll have a few more good outings before season is over.

I hadn't heard about this. I hope he's back at it soon with the Rays. Are the Rays sticking to their original promise to give him bats as DH?

I hadn't heard about this. I hope he's back at it soon with the Rays. Are the Rays sticking to their original promise to give him bats as DH?
Not really. When they needed pitching, they wanted him to focus on that. He did get a chance to bat for himself when they played a national league team. I think he may have PH one time.

Brendan got 1st MLB hit as a PH, a single yesterday. He also scored a run.
That makes 3 former U of L players to get their 1st hit in the majors this year!!! Go Cards!

At Dodger Stadium watching two of UofL’s best - Brendan McKay starting for the Rays and Will Smith behind the dish for the Dodgers.

Fun stuff!

Reactions: PHCARD and earsky
McKay running into control issues - bloop / shift double to Bellinger, walk (after 1-2) to Hernández, and got behind on muncy and had to come to him 2-0 and gave up a double and two runs. Will got him for a (foul) sac fly. 3-1 dodgers after 2 complete.

At Dodger Stadium watching two of UofL’s best - Brendan McKay starting for the Rays and Will Smith behind the dish for the Dodgers.

Fun stuff!

Damn I knew about this game Wed and forgot all about it last night. McKay era at 5.+?

Damn I knew about this game Wed and forgot all about it last night. McKay era at 5.+?
Yes. He threw the ball ok - control issues but good velo and good bite on his curveball. Just got behind the wrong guys and had come to them. Had two decent ABs though. Will got overmatched a couple of times at the plate by high fastballs but controlled the game well defensively. He got beat up though - took at least 3-4 hard foul tips to the body. Tools of ignorance - lol.

Reactions: PHCARD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT