ADVERTISEMENT

Brendan McKay called up to the Rays

I’m looking at my Directv guide and Fox Sports South has Braves vs Mets. I’ve been thru the darn guide and it looks like TB Rays are on FS-Sun, FS-W, and every other usual useless Fox channel to me.

I’m looking at my Directv guide and Fox Sports South has Braves vs Mets. I’ve been thru the darn guide and it looks like TB Rays are on FS-Sun, FS-W, and every other usual useless Fox channel to me.
Yes, it will be on FOX SUN. Lucky for me, that channel airs in Jacksonville

Reactions: PHCARD
Six innings of one hit ball. One walk and 3 k's. Welcome to the majors. Lol,now they need to get you a few swings.:D

Reactions: BPGhost
He's DHing tonight. If he tags one out of the park after his pitching performance, instant stardom. ESPN will be all over him.

Reactions: earsky and PHCARD
Unfortunately 3 groundouts up till now (8th inning) and got picked off bad at 2nd base. It will come.

Yeah, he made contact each at bat, got on base after a fielders choice. Not great, but not terrible. He's back on the mound this Friday against the Yankees.

Reactions: PHCARD
When I was watching the NYY vs Boston, I thought the Yanks all looked like they were huge dudes. Slug fest! What a test for Brendan.

They are extremely talented and just reload during the season. They have run producers up and down the lineup and even the "less heralded" bats they trot out there can go off. They sent a guy to AAA in the OF because they just didn't have room when they got Judge back the guy was on pace for like 30 HR and maybe 100 RBI ???

Lucky to hold NYY to 2 runs. Brendan did good against them. Straight faced and all business, that’s McKay.

Reactions: earsky
Well they sent McKay back down to Durham until 7/13???? They needed a relief pitcher.

Well they sent McKay back down to Durham until 7/13???? They needed a relief pitcher.

Keep in mind they have the All-Star break coming up... so it made sense to send him down, he couldn't pitch again this weekend so they could bring up a reliever to help them this weekend... and they can bring him back up for their 1st series after this week's All-Star break and start him next Saturday or Sunday. They will probably open with Morton Friday, Snell Saturday, then maybe McKay Sunday. Speculating here.

Keep in mind they have the All-Star break coming up... so it made sense to send him down, he couldn't pitch again this weekend so they could bring up a reliever to help them this weekend... and they can bring him back up for their 1st series after this week's All-Star break and start him next Saturday or Sunday. They will probably open with Morton Friday, Snell Saturday, then maybe McKay Sunday. Speculating here.
Good call Hop. McKay returns for his 3rd start today in the first of two against the Orioles.
He may not go back from here. Best of luck to him on his journey into the Bigs.

Thanks earsky! I had no idea he was pitching today. Just tuned in.

1 BB 1st start, 0 BB 2nd start - against 2 of the top hitting teams in MLB. 0 so far today against a bad team with a decent lineup.

6:1 K/BB rate probably works for the Rays. I imagine they like that. I guess it's 13:1 counting today?

Good call Hop. McKay returns for his 3rd start today in the first of two against the Orioles.
He may not go back from here. Best of luck to him on his journey into the Bigs.

Rays lost, but McKay did pitch 5 scoreless innings.

Reactions: nccardfan
My guess is we might get to see him Dh against some right handed pitching as well.

Oops! McKay optioned back to Durham following the double header.
Yeah he was brought up as the 26th man. Typically you can only have 25 but when you play a doubleheader you can bring up extra player. I think the Rays are really trying to get him ready for September call ups.

..and back he came. McKay strikes out 7,gets the win against the Red Sox at Fenway on Thursday night,which included getting out of a 1st and 3rd with nobody out jam.

Brendan had a so so outing yesterday against the Blue Jays. He did strike out 8 over 5 innings but gave up 3 ER’s (2 HR’s), 6 hits and 1 BB. He was credited with the loss as the Rays couldn’t muster any offense. With their injuries, I think Brendan is now part of the regular rotation and is scheduled to start on Monday against Padres. Go Cards!

Reactions: earsky and PHCARD
Rough outing for Brendan. Gave up 3 walks in 1st inning. He only had 3 BBs total going in. He only lasted 4 innings, giving up 4 runs, 5 hits, 6 BBs and 7 k’s. The strikeouts were a plus. Since they were playing a National League team, Brendan got to hit for himself. He walked his first AB and struck out the next time. His ERA jumped up to 5.08. Interesting to see what the Rays do next.

Well, another rough outing for Brendan. This time didn’t last 2 innings and pitched to only 13 batters. He gave up 7 runs and a couple of HRs. I think his biggest issue is walks. He’s not used to giving up big hits so he is trying to nibble. Hopefully he turns it around. It’s a learning process.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT