ADVERTISEMENT

Bozoich On Payne's Recruiting

UofL is currently the only P6 program with zero recruits signed for next season.
Of course there isn't. Why would you go somewhere when you are good and don't know how much your gonna make. Payne can't talk about it but he can sure as hell point them at someone who can supply an answer to that question.

Reactions: rh62531
Bozich is losing any credibility he had. He has access Payne and is afraid to lose that so he has lost any objectivity. Some people refer to this as being a useful idiot.
Why would Bozich be worried about access to Payne but not to U of L? How does that make any sense?

His buddy, Crawford, is apparently the one worried about "access". He likes everything he sees as U of L...

Why would Bozich be worried about access to Payne but not to U of L? How does that make any sense?

His buddy, Crawford, is apparently the one worried about "access". He likes everything he sees as U of L...
Bozich is close to Payne and several of the people around Payne that are former players. It gives him more access and frankly I think he his friends with Payne. Not sure what’s so hard to understand about that.

Bozich is close to Payne and several of the people around Payne that are former players. It gives him more access and frankly I think he his friends with Payne. Not sure what’s so hard to understand about that.
Well, when every conclusion is already preordained, sometimes “understanding” gets tricky. The Trash Can of Entertainment (TM - Hop) starts at the end and works his way backwards - only pausing to eliminate those pesky items that don’t fit into his agenda. When that fails, he simply moves the goalposts.

This is not a complicated how do we connect all these dots sorta thing.

However, there are simps that unfortunately need some assistance.

Perhaps you could create a stupid graph. The trashcanofentertainment speaks that language fluently.

UofL is currently the only P6 program with zero recruits signed for next season.
Serious question & please try to limit all the sarcasm 😵‍💫 (as tempting as it is) can someone please explain how this is possible?

What’s actually happening or not on the recruiting trail?

Besides wins and losses and NIL cash what’s not resonating with recruits?

Some of you on this board have a good baramoter of what’s truly happening so thanks in advance.

Really hard to wrap my head around how this is even possible!

Serious question & please try to limit all the sarcasm 😵‍💫 (as tempting as it is) can someone please explain how this is possible?

Some of you on this board have a good baramoter of what’s truly happening so thanks in advance.

You aren't the only one to feel that way.

Because Payne’s on his way out the door, so I’ve heard…

Well, when every conclusion is already preordained, sometimes “understanding” gets tricky. The Trash Can of Entertainment (TM - Hop) starts at the end and works his way backwards - only pausing to eliminate those pesky items that don’t fit into his agenda. When that fails, he simply moves the goalposts.
This is not a complicated how do we connect all these dots sorta thing.

However, there are simps that unfortunately need some assistance.

Perhaps you could create a stupid graph. The trashcanofentertainment speaks that language fluently.
Maybe when hate ends, your brains will come back online. Just a thought.

Some use any excuse or news they hear to cast shade Payne’s way. Funny stuff. Not sure what will suffice for rationality if he’s gone and basketball still sucks…

I don’t claim to have any specific knowledge - I can only surmise that the lack of signed recruits situation has been caused by a few factors.

1. Payne’s abysmal W-L record and the lack of any discernible progress from a team perspective.

2. Payne’s stated refusal / aversion to utilizing NIL - preferring to have players come to UofL I guess for him and his crack staff. Sorry - that was a bit sarcastic by- trying to limit it as best as possible.

3. All of Payne’s recruiting relationships have been with Nike and their aau sponsored teams. It seemed that he believed they would continue to assist with recruiting because of that previous relationship but, he found out the hard way - that wasn’t going to be the case. It has always seemed crazy how ingrained these kids get in with one shoe company or another but, it has been the best predictor of what group of schools they’ll end up at. Adidas has done a poor job in this area compared to Nike.

4. Payne seemingly putting effort into kids that are out of his reach - Karter Knox and his caliber of player aren’t coming here. It was a long shot to begin with and the general belief that Payne had to serious right the ship after 4-28 first season - and he hasn’t.

Reactions: vegasville1
I don’t claim to have any specific knowledge - I can only surmise that the lack of signed recruits situation has been caused by a few factors.

1. Payne’s abysmal W-L record and the lack of any discernible progress from a team perspective.

2. Payne’s stated refusal / aversion to utilizing NIL - preferring to have players come to UofL I guess for him and his crack staff. Sorry - that was a bit sarcastic by- trying to limit it as best as possible.

3. All of Payne’s recruiting relationships have been with Nike and their aau sponsored teams. It seemed that he believed they would continue to assist with recruiting because of that previous relationship but, he found out the hard way - that wasn’t going to be the case. It has always seemed crazy how ingrained these kids get in with one shoe company or another but, it has been the best predictor of what group of schools they’ll end up at. Adidas has done a poor job in this area compared to Nike.

4. Payne seemingly putting effort into kids that are out of his reach - Karter Knox and his caliber of player aren’t coming here. It was a long shot to begin with and the general belief that Payne had to serious right the ship after 4-28 first season - and he hasn’t.
It really is an indictment of the local media that people on message board forums have asked "Where's the recruits?" like Clara Peller for months and here's Baghdad Boz doing an article specifically about recruiting with zero mention of zero signed recruits and how we're the only P6 program with zero signed recruits for next season.

Boz, you can't do an article about recruiting without giving that backdrop. A lie of omission is still a lie.

Someone from the media should ask Kenny "Where's the recruits?" in every press conference.

Last edited:
Some use any excuse or news they hear to cast shade Payne’s way.
And another thing Trashcanforentertainment, the shade is on Bozich for gaslighting moreso than on Payne. Nobdy has to cast shade on Payne his results do that all on his own.

But you aren't much for reading comprehension, being a troll and all. Not your thing.

But graphing and troling, that's your jam.

And just a reminder, ignore is your friend.

Maybe when hate ends, your brains will come back online. Just a thought.

Some use any excuse or news they hear to cast shade Payne’s way. Funny stuff. Not sure what will suffice for rationality if he’s gone and basketball still sucks…
Maybe when hate ends, your brain will come back online. Just a thought.

You use any excuse or news you hear to cast shade in the athletic department’s way. Funny stuff. Not sure what will suffice for rationality if he’s gone and basketball no longer sucks…

He either knows he's gone. Or, it's possible he expects to add a piece or two out of the portal, hopes his nucleus sticks, and also is hoping to maybe snag a guy or two that opens their recruitment back up kind of like Evans and Ty-Laur did last year.

If the guy was the owner of a 20 win program right now this situation would still be maybe a little concerning but there's still time to add to the roster.

You use any excuse or news you hear to cast shade in the athletic department’s way. Funny stuff. Not sure what will suffice for rationality if he’s gone and basketball no longer sucks…
Trashcanforentertainment likes to project. It's another one of his jams.

Reactions: BPGhost

Now repeating complete posts…priceless!!

Now repeating complete posts…priceless!!
Given that the only person you agree with is yourself, perhaps repeating your words - but first taking out the dumb parts - to you, might have been instructive.

Considering what you are - it was a low percentage play - but hey, I’m trying to help you become better.

You’re welcome. 😀

Thanks for the gold Spiritman 👻 the info., provided helps immensely for us casual rubberneckers that aren’t in the city and or without a pulse for current situation!

This is where moving in silence gets him. KP has never figured out how to use media. Instead of constantly controlling the narrative he lets the narrative control him. This is another area of the job he is ill equipped to handle. For him to think dangling a couple of recruits out there would impact the AD’s decision or change the fans mind. The article is full of if’s or hoping, last I checked hoping isn’t a plan.

He really struggles with communication internal and externally. There are now rumblings coming out from assistants that the off the court operation is a complete mess. Poor communication.

For someone taking their 1st head coaching job his arrogance or stubbornness is surprising. I have no idea how he thought he could do this all by himself.

This is where moving in silence gets him. KP has never figured out how to use media. Instead of constantly controlling the narrative he lets the narrative control him. This is another area of the job he is ill equipped to handle. For him to think dangling a couple of recruits out there would impact the AD’s decision or change the fans mind. The article is full of if’s or hoping, last I checked hoping isn’t a plan.

He really struggles with communication internal and externally. There are now rumblings coming out from assistants that the off the court operation is a complete mess. Poor communication.

For someone taking their 1st head coaching job his arrogance or stubbornness is surprising. I have no idea how he thought he could do this all by himself.
Sending the message through Bozich is just an effort to set the narrative of unfair termination if he's canned.

If he's retained, and those players don't sign, there isn't going to be some follow-up apology/explanation article.

IOW, it's propaganda.

IOW, being listed in some high end player's Top 10 isn't some reason to keep a struggling HC. If you have other reasons and keep him for those reasons fine, they are going to have to show their hand on it.

We have some angry emotional fans but many know the game and know recruiting enough to know this is just a planted narrative. "They might have gotten Knox if they kept Kenny!".

Sure.

Not sarcasm, but facts. It because our coach sucks ass. Would you want to play for him ?

Knox isn’t coming to Louisville after watching that Kentucky game against Alabama. You can mark that down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT