ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Petrino considered for HC at Missouri State..

Missouri State (formerly SW Missouri State) is FCS. App State is FBS, with much more recent success and clearly a cut (or several) above MoSt. Claiming that to be a promotion for Nick is a bit shaky to say the least.
What zipp is saying, I think is that Nick was just a QB coach at U of L and now he is the OC. So in essence he’s getting a promotion, position wise.

A bigger fish in a smaller pond?

Seriously, who makes more salary? A QB coach at P5?

Or the OC at a FCS?

I don't knw, and now that I've typed all this...don't really care. :confused:
It’s not about the salary. A technical VP at a big company can make more than a SR VP at a small company. It’s about duties and responsibilities. A coordinator has more responsibilities than a position coach. Let’s just see how he handles it.

We change the narrative to fit our objective...

Nick is a CO-coordinator at an FBS school, but takes an FCS job as THE coordinator—and that’s not a promo.

A QC job here is not as good as an assistant job at Appy State.

Those are goalposts on wheels...

OMG zipp, not another graph. :p:p:p:p WTH is our new “Hijack-Graph” board? Hurry up PHCard!! :):)

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: zipp

Nick is a CO-coordinator at an FBS school, but takes an FCS job as THE coordinator—and that’s not a promo.

Why are you constantly defending Nick Petrino? And yes, going from FBS job to a higher job at another FBS school, especially one to which you have strong ties, is better than a non-job at FBS to a non-job in FCS, especially a terrible FCS program. Let’s face it, Bobby will be the OC.

Why are you constantly defending Nick Petrino? And yes, going from FBS job to a higher job at another FBS school, especially one to which you have strong ties, is better than a non-job at FBS to a non-job in FCS, especially a terrible FCS program. Let’s face it, Bobby will be the OC.
I'm constantly attacking flawed narratives. Young Nick is simply the vehicle and the much overused whipping dog here.

And if Bobby is in reality the OC and QB coach--a healthy part of which I agree with--why did Nick catch all of the hell here about his coaching? Sometimes I get dizzy keeping track of the logic in play...

He wasn’t ACC quality then and isn’t ACC quality now. Perhaps he will be with some experience under his belt.

Reactions: gocds
beano says it doesn't matter. His Dad's doing all of the coaching...

Zipp are you saying, in your narrative, that during CBP’s last 2-10 season here that he allowed his assistants to actually coach that team? WHUT! Are you nuckin’ futz!?! Petrino showed what a great coach he was by running off any, ANY coach worth their salt during the previous seasons. It WAS their coaching that allowed any success UofL had whatsoever on the field during CBP’s tenure. WTH during his last season the only people he could get to work for him were his kids and sons-in-law. Anything other than that is pure BS and folly. He was correctly fired and he deserved his firing. What he did not deserve was the huge “balloon payment” that was contractually arranged by Tom Jurich. That left US, you and me and every other UofL athletics fan, on the hook for an incredible $14 million. Those, in my opinion, are the facts of the case. And I predict failure at MOST for exactly the same reasons.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!

Bottom line ... another year employed coaching football. Life is good for Nick Petrino.

Reactions: gocds
Good grief your love fest with Petrino and Jurich, coupled with your hatred of Tyra is hilarious.

Bottom line, Petrino's got a platform again, and most of his family working for him--again.

At a Missouri State playing light competition, it's entirely possible that he's successful in a few years, lands that P5 job, drags his family along with him, and invalidates the narratives of former fans in his wake who earn $0 coaching football.

And God willing, I'll be here reminding everyone... :cool:

Bottom line, Petrino's got a platform again, and most of his family working for him--again.

At a Missouri State playing light competition, it's entirely possible that he's successful in a few years, lands that P5 job, drags his family along with him, and invalidates the narratives of former fans in his wake who earn $0 coaching football.

Yeah, yeah, zipp we know. We really do know. As to his possible success at MOST what we DO know is that he isn’t a great recruiter as he depends on others to do that chore. He doesn’t care anything about the defensive side of the ball and he as proven that point time after time after time. He does understand offensive football unless you just happen to be playing FSU at home with a lead with one minute to play. He deserved to get canned here at UofL, period. And, guess what, God willing, I’ll be here to remind you of that.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Until then...you are wrong again

Guaranteed that Nick had very little to do with the the play calling when he was coaching here, as he shouldn’t have because he was 100% not qualified. This past year at UTeeMartin Nick was the co-offensive coordinator and qb coach. They had a freshman qb win OVC FOY, so that looks good for him, and I’m not sure how much he had to do with calling plays, but their offense was abysmal even according to FCS standards. Passing offense around 58, Rushing 100+.

There's for sure been disagreement as to what the narrative even was.

The "these assistant coaches will never get another job" was invalidated! Felt like those were opinions posters took during those angry GTFO times. Kinda like when the town drunk has had too many, feels the room spinning and is about to puke and says, "I'll never drink again!" - then he pukes, and he gets drunk again. Lots of times. People say stuff!!! Not going to follow that town drunk around and remind them they said they were gonna quit!

Others that are playing along with the Zipper have made it clear their opinion is those assistant coaches were not ACC caliber. That narrative seems a little less clear on right/wrong, those coaches final try wasn't a good one though!

As for the most recent narrative, if they have success at Missouri Tech, then it could be argued they would be more worthy of P5 jobs, as they would have additional success tacked onto their resumes, and yes sometimes failures also build that character. So that staff wouldn't be the same "greener" staff that they were when they arrived here.

Narratives, like the seasons. Change. Some of those guys are former Cards players, so I'm hoping they stay in the biz and find some success, maybe even return here some day if the timing is right?

C-A-R-D-S

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT