ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Petrino considered for HC at Missouri State..

Almost all of the posts have concerned the buyout, the extension and the original rehire. To think that Bobby was going to be paid by anybody is problematic. To think he should be extended prematurely is highly questionable. History shows that extension didn’t buy Bobby’s loyalty. He left for the Falcons months after getting a huge extension from UofL.
It's simply an opinion-driven debate over whether he should have been hired or extended. No way to settle that objectively.

The omission of offset language in his buyout OTOH has been resolved. "Vince" would have saved 3% of his buyout had that offset been in place..

Exactly this. I want to see who he can hire there. Probably not many outside of his family willing to work for the guy at this point.
Then, he'll have the world's smallest football coaching staff. We'll see...

Even though I think CBP is a scoundrel, he’ll have a staff. There are a lot of coaches that are coaching at a low college level or even HS that want to prove themselves. I just pity a guy that wants to concentrate on the defensive side of the ball that gets a job on one of Petrino’s staffs as a defensive coach. Other than these types there might be some “older” coaches that need an opportunity. I cannot imagine any successful established assistant coach that would want to work for CBP.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Even though I think CBP is a scoundrel, he’ll have a staff. There are a lot of coaches that are coaching at a low college level or even HS that want to prove themselves. I just pity a guy that wants to concentrate on the defensive side of the ball that gets a job on one of Petrino’s staffs as a defensive coach. Other than these types there might be some “older” coaches that need an opportunity. I cannot imagine any successful established assistant coach that would want to work for CBP.

Missouri State isn’t exactly a magnet for coaches. We’ll see.

I wonder if he hires his brother Paul as OC? Paul has only 1 winning season at Idaho since 2013. After going 4-7 and 5-7 the last 2 years he’s probably on the hot seat and needs a change.

"Petrino and his coaches can't get jobs."

Looks like they're all getting paid...

Now this gets me fired up. BP is adding $70,000 a year of his money(actually UofL money) to the Asst Coaches salaries. OGG!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: gocds
That wasn’t the narrative. They weren’t ACC quality and were overpaid.
That's certainly what it changed to once those jobs and paychecks were forthcoming...

tenor.gif

You can't make this stuff up....Nick Petrino, LD Scott, and Ryan Beard all headed to MO State. What could possibly go wrong??

It is absolutely depressing to think we employed that staff in the ACC.

Reactions: RomanOben
That's certainly what it changed to once those jobs and paychecks were forthcoming...

tenor.gif

I recommend fish oil to stave off memory loss. Anyways my narrative was introduced to this board as I was sitting in Camping World Stadium during the second half of the UofL vs Bama game. Petrino had an overpaid staff that wasn’t qualified to coach in the ACC. Nothing since then has disproven that theory although Missouri State might disagree.

Last edited:
Missouri State has hired Ryan Beard as its defensive coordinator. He has familial ties to the head coach.

"Petrino couldn't hire his family members to coach at any other school."

Now, knuckles is gonna tell me that was "P5" school.

:p :p :p

LOL at high and mighty. Reminds me of slapd!cks.

Much of our football coaching staff is one year removed from Appy State...

"Petrino couldn't hire his family members to coach at any other school."

Now, knuckles is gonna tell me that was "P5" school.

:p :p :p
Desperate times call for desperate measures. If you are MoSt, you are desperate. You hire Bobby and his whole family.

This seems strange, somehow, but I can see myself rooting for these guys. The new Missouri State staff has huge Louisville connections, and after a 1-11 season, I can see a big turnaround possible. I honestly don’t know what happened that last year here, but other than that, Bobby did a good job for us, and I’d like to see him get back on track. Go Cards.

Reactions: zipp and RomanOben
LOL at high and mighty. Reminds me of slapd!cks.

Much of our football coaching staff is one year removed from Appy State...

...or alternative reality....the coaches we got from App State followed an actual career progression successfully working upward through the lower ranks.

I don’t think you actually believe what you post about Petrino’s coaching staff.

...or alternative reality....the coaches we got from App State followed an actual career progression successfully working upward through the lower ranks.

I don’t think you actually believe what you post about Petrino’s coaching staff.
I definitely believe what I post about the comments I read in this space...

Mo. State
FCS school
13-42 in last 5 years
Avg 7k home att. Last year
Avg. ass. coaches pay 50k-80k last year
(That was 200k -1m+ at UofL)

Not difficult to agree that while it's true that the coaches there have found jobs, that is a massive step down from a power 5 job. I believe only one coach has been hired by another power 5 school in the past year... and that was Galloway... by UNC.... who stepped down from O cord. here to WR coach there.

Not to mention it looks like we have multiple coaches leaving to go BACK to Appy State. That high and mighty stuff can set you up for a fall...

I'm seeing both sides to this but at the end of the day I don't think it matters.

A couple unnamed unquoted posters may have been guilty of hyperbole in the midst of the worst UofL season lf our lifetime maybe? Saying "Those guys will never get another job!"...... I mean so what it's not like this board was just littered with those kind of posts. Such a crime, to vent. The nerve! So to whoever those people were, shame on you. For shame!!!!

A few posters on record are saying "Those guys weren't P5 quality!".....Another poster saying "Current staff is mostly just Appy St and some of the guys are going back there after one year!"...."Some of you guys just aren't humbled enough!".... ok, maybe not, me doubts anything written in these spaces is gonna change that.

Just seems like a pointless debate. Coaches got new jobs, they aren't at LSU or the NFL. Half the nation probably doesn't know Missouri St has a football team. Fired coaches probably never "move up" the ladder. We aren't discussing ground breaking news here!

Neato!

We all knew this response was coming way too predictable. Hard not to get a job somewhere in college football because everyone has connections somewhere.

The staff Bobby put together in the end was not ready or qualified for their position. The hiring of his family only supports what we have been saying no wants to work with him. That was reason he failed and why it fell apart so quickly last year. The staffs current jobs and actual performance in those jobs clearly show they were out of their league. Galloway is the only coach with a history, recruiting and performance, in P5 that is a really good coach. He was good at WVU, Louisville and UNC.

Not to mention it looks like we have multiple coaches leaving to go BACK to Appy State. That high and mighty stuff can set you up for a fall...

A position coach leaving UofL to take a coordinator job at App State. And multiple quality control assistants leaving to take position coach roles at App State. That all makes sense. Perhaps you can make a graph or even a flow chart!

Nick Petrino is getting a promotion at Missouri State. Is that a good career move?

Let me know so I can prepare a graph...

Nick Petrino is getting a promotion at Missouri State. Is that a good career move?

OMG NO!! Not another graph! :p You can color me “skeptical” to borrow a word from you. :rolleyes::D:)

Would anybody object if I renamed the Red Head Board.....

I believe “The Graph Board” would be a good title. Any other suggestions?

Perhaps “The Graph/Politics board” would be appropriate. OR maybe the “Hijack - Graph Board”.

Missouri State (formerly SW Missouri State) is FCS. App State is FBS, with much more recent success and clearly a cut (or several) above MoSt. Claiming that to be a promotion for Nick is a bit shaky to say the least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT