ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby is a Top 25 Coach - Still

Well, Bobby has been here 4 seasons and twice finished in the top 25. No losing records during that time and bowls every year.

I disagree. There aren’t 25 coaches out there that I’d take before Bobby. There might be 15, but not 25.
Over the last 18 games Bobby 2.0 has the same record as Mark “Doughboy” Stoops. That is not good!

Okay. Let’s fire him today. Who are you bringing in? Brohm? His records even worse. So who.

My point is why now because we lost to Bama. Or do you have an agenda?

I will wait and see how the season plays out. There were some very good takeaways from this game.

1) Puma passes for more yards than anyone did against Bama last year.
2) We pressured Tua. But he’s darn near as hard as LJ to bring down. We won’t face another QB with that talent this year.
3) The O-line did a good job of protesting Puma.

Tua is an elite QB probably the best Bama has seen in a long time. They normally have an adequate QB but not elite. Match that with their stellar defense and their an elite team. I don’t think your giving Bama any credit. They very well could steamroll lots of teams. This may be one of Bama’s best teams. All of the components are there. But we won’t know right away.

We may go on to finish with a very good record. We’ve got more depth and we have talent, and we’ve got an elite QB in the making. But we need to let the season play out.

Next year will be the determining year. If we finish 8-4 or better this year, lookout next year. If we don’t improve and next years a flop. Then I’m in the camp we need to see what our options are. If Brohm has been successful then I’m on board with replacing CBP. But I think any talk like that now is premature and I feel agenda driven.

Last edited:
Okay. Let’s fire him today. Who are you bringing in? Brohm? His records even worse. So who.

I will wait and see how the season plays out. There were some very good takeaways from this game.

2) We pressured Tua. But he’s darn near as hard as LJ to bring down. We won’t face another QB with that talent this year.

Tua is an elite QB probably the best Bama has seen in a long time. They normally have an adequate QB but not elite. Match that with their stellar defense and their an elite team. I don’t think your giving Bama any credit. They very well could steamroll lots of teams. This may be one of Bama’s best teams. All of the components are there. But we won’t know right away.

We may go on to finish with a very good record. We’ve got more depth and we have talent, and we’ve got an elite QB in the making. But we need to let the season play out.

Next year will be the determining year. If we finish 8-4 or better this year, lookout next year. If we don’t improve and next years a flop. Then I’m in the camp we need to see what our options are. If Brohm has been successful then I’m on board with replacing CBP. But I think any talk like that now is premature and I feel agenda driven.
Hey, I’ve never said fire him but he should be held to a high standard. My standard for this year (check other recent posts) is 8-4 or better. Oh yeah, and eventually Bobby 2.0 needs to beat a GOOD TEAM. Anybody can beat Wake, Virginia and NC State. Let’s beat some ranked teams! What’s Bobby 2.0’s record vs ranked teams? Like 1-12 now, that’s horse crap and if you don’t agree you might as well be a damn kitty fan chanting SEC, SEC.

I expected to lose to Bama, but the penalties, coaching BS excuses, undisciplined play, they’re all RED FLAGS. He and half his damn family is earning big bucks - he/they need to EARN IT!

Reactions: KerryRhodes
During that same time frame, we tied with the eventual national champs to win our division of the ACC. And had a Heisman Trophy winner...

And the Cards have literally been average since that epic game.

Beat SuCkS, who were a 28 point underdog, go to the Orange bowl and the knock on Petrino is lessened.

You and the shields can both us Cards fans who can see Petrino doesnt want to take the Cards to the next level.

Its his won/loss record. Not mine.

Hey, I’ve never said fire him but he should be held to a high standard. My standard for this year (check other recent posts) is 8-4 or better. Oh yeah, and eventually Bobby 2.0 needs to beat a GOOD TEAM. Anybody can beat Wake, Virginia and NC State. Let’s beat some ranked teams! What’s Bobby 2.0’s record vs ranked teams? Like 1-12 now, that’s horse crap and if you don’t agree you might as well be a damn kitty fan chanting SEC, SEC.

I expected to lose to Bama, but the penalties, coaching BS excuses, undisciplined play, they’re all RED FLAGS.

Nope I also agree with the 8-4 as a minimum. But to compare FB to BB is like comparing apples to pineapples. It take one season to grow an Apple, but two years to grow a pineapple. You can build a BB team pretty quick, but FB takes years. He just about had to rebuild the offense. Now the defense has been an issue due to the coaching carousel, which is on Bobby. And as I’ve said I don’t have a lot of faith in the position coaches.

As I stated this team is being built for success next year. If it’s s flop this year and then next year I’ll be leading the we need to go in a different direction bunch. But the bench mark won’t be win a NC either. We need to continue to build depth and I feel we’re doing that.

And I agree with your last paragraph 100%.

Beat SuCkS, who were a 28 point underdog, go to the Orange bowl and the knock on Petrino is lessened.

You and the shields can both us Cards fans who can see Petrino doesnt want to take the Cards to the next level.

With you Kerry! The Petrino apologists are baffling to me. Everything is laid out for Bobby 2.0, expanded stadium and weight room, a manageable Power 5 conference, etc. He’s ran through defensive coordinators and the instability of our staff has in turn affected recruiting IMO.

The bottom line on last week. It was a shit show and an embarrassment. Show up prepared and COMPETE. We had what, 9 months to get ready? The grade school penalties, that is what has bugged me as much as anything. Then the horse crap excuses Bobby gave, please! The first go round with Bobby our team was disciplined. Not anymore.

With you Kerry! The Petrino apologists are baffling to me. Everything is laid out for Bobby 2.0, expanded stadium and weight room, a manageable Power 5 conference, etc. He’s ran through defensive coordinators and the instability of our staff has in turn affected recruiting IMO.

I think you’re confusing realist with apologist. I’m not apologizing for anyone, but I also know we just played Bama. Yes there were penalties that pissed me off along with other issues, but I also saw plenty of improvement. Which is why I’m not passing judgement or measuring everything on the first game, especially since it was against Bama. Will see how the season shakes out.

Reactions: Mayoman
I think you’re confusing realist with apologist. I’m not apologizing for anyone, but I also know we just played Bama. Yes there were penalties that pissed me off along with other issues, but I also saw plenty of improvement. Which is why I’m not passing judgement or measuring everything on the first game, especially since it was against Bama. Will see how the season shakes out.
With you, I hope Bobby 2.0 works out, but a ton of RED FLAGS! Again, I did not expect to beat Bama but how about we not embarrass ourselves! We’ve gone backwards X 2 since the Clemson game two years ago. It’s like that game sucked the life out of our program and Bobby.

With you, I hope Bobby 2.0 works out, but a ton of RED FLAGS! Again, I did not expect to beat Bama but how about we not embarrass ourselves! We’ve gone backwards X 2 since the Clemson game two years ago. It’s like that game sucked the life out of our program and Bobby.

You better hope it works out too. Because unlike BB a coaching change could set us back years.

And just add us to a long list of teams that have been embarrassed by Bama in the first game of the year or anytime for that matter.

I just don’t think you have a concept of just how good Bama may be. And that they could roll plenty of teams this year.

Which is why I choose to wait until the season moves along to form a judgement on the season and Bobby, because one game does not make a season.

I agree with most of your points, I just don’t agree with the timing.

You better hope it works out too. Because unlike BB a coaching change could set us back years.

And just add us to a long list of teams that have been embarrassed by Bama in the first game of the year or anytime for that matter.

I just don’t think you have a concept of just how good Bama may be. And that they could roll plenty of teams this year.

Which is why I choose to wait until the season moves along to form a judgement on the season and Bobby, because one game does not make a season.

I’m very aware of how good Bama may be and has been. Hell, I’m even aware that Saban has six titles at Bama. But I struggle to understand how you can have 12 guys on the field FOUR DAMN TIMES! That one fact just screams incompetence. That wasn’t the case the first time around, but it is now.

Bama embarrassed the eventual Rose Bowl champs in 2016. Tell me again why I'm supposed to be concerned today...

During that same time frame, we tied with the eventual national champs to win our division of the ACC. And had a Heisman Trophy winner...

Then we crashed and burned the last 3 games of the year then took a Heisman winner and went 8-5. Everyone seems to act like its an accomplishment to have a heisman winner eventhough the season was a disappointment. It makes it worse.

Yeah, and ND had a losing record in 1956 and had a Heisman winner by the name of Paul Hornung. So with that said 8-5 ain’t so bad. Hey folks, the anti Petrino group has their replacement in mind and that’s their perfect right. The big difference is that the vast majority of us would support “that choice” if indeed he became our coach as opposed to what they are doing to Bobby Petrino.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Yeah, and ND had a losing record in 1956 and had a Heisman winner by the name of Paul Hornung. So with that said 8-5 ain’t so bad. Hey folks, the anti Petrino group has their replacement in mind and that’s their perfect right. The big difference is that the vast majority of us would support “that choice” if indeed he became our coach as opposed to what they are doing to Bobby Petrino.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
You can call out a coach (who by the way has underperformed) without an agenda. I’m not necessarily a guy wanting Brohm if the wheels fall off 2.0. I’ve stated in other threads that if we eventually have an opening that guys with twice Brohm’s resume may be interested. Hell, IMO Brohm hasn’t really done anything yet.

I’m very aware of how good Bama may be and has been. Hell, I’m even aware that Saban has six titles at Bama. But I struggle to understand how you can have 12 guys on the field FOUR DAMN TIMES! That one fact just screams incompetence. That wasn’t the case the first time around, but it is now.

I will say he doesn’t seem to have the intensity he had the first time around. Nor was I happy with those calls there really is zero excuses. But those things are or should be easily corrected. Will see how we play once we play WKU then our ACC schedule.

Reactions: Mayoman
Most of last year's struggles can be pinned on one Peter Sirmon. Or losing Grantham-whichever you prefer. That proved to be a massive loss. I hope BBG can be above average.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Top 25, Louisville is not in any of the Top 25 polls. In fact Jeff Sagarin's College Football Ratings have Louisville ranked 42nd. That busts the Top 35 dream.
J

Then we crashed and burned the last 3 games of the year then took a Heisman winner and went 8-5. Everyone seems to act like its an accomplishment to have a heisman winner eventhough the season was a disappointment. It makes it worse.
You can call out a coach (who by the way has underperformed) without an agenda. I’m not necessarily a guy wanting Brohm if the wheels fall off 2.0. I’ve stated in other threads that if we eventually have an opening that guys with twice Brohm’s resume may be interested. Hell, IMO Brohm hasn’t really done anything yet.
As I like to remind people who wanna b!tch about Petrino and other things, you have to connect ALL of the dots to make your case, not just the dots you wanna connect.

And I'll wager without proof that many of you are the same guys who wanted to ditch Grantham. How did that work out for ya?...

Reactions: Mayoman and STLNBSE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT