ADVERTISEMENT

Big Game Tonight

WahooCard

2500+
Gold Member
May 12, 2003
First of two against the Irish tonight. A win in South Bend would be huge especially because it is being televised on ESPN.

Reactions: mwdcard
This could also be big in that it could partially erase the collective memories of that terrible 4th quarter the Cards played on national TV (ABC) against NC State. Let's play tough in South Bend tonight!!!!!!

Both teams have a lot of capable players that can change the outcome of the game. Let’s hope we come out ready to play from start to finish. I guarantee you that ND is thinking about that beating we gave them last year. I would put Mykasa on Mikes and frustrate her like she did last year.

A win tonight can move us into a tie for 2nd place. Let’s Go Cards!

So far - ok. Refs are just not going to call fouls on UND - that is already evident. If Olivia doesn’t fun her butt back down on defense she needs to really see her minutes diminish. Good to see HVL shooting well; she needs to stop the TOs.

Reactions: 2330859
Good first quarter up by 4 both teams shooting in the 60% range. I still think the key for ND is Miles keep pressure on her and not let her get on track shooting or passing.

These announcers- geez. They gush over Notre Dame. 🤮

7 bloody TOs. That is BAD. Unfortunately HVL gets out of control and then commits her TOs. She needs to slow down. It literally feels like we have only three real scoring threats - HVL, Carr and Jones.

If Olivia is not rebounding (she did vs Clemson) then she is somewhat useless. Bad hands, just got blown by on defense (again). Geez.

Ladies are playing well in a hostile location. Stop the silly TOs and get on the boards.
Let’s see if we see Josie in the 3d qtr.

Josie Williams came in and gave a boost to finish the 1st half. She pulled down rebounds and scored 4 points to close the half and give us a 4 point lead.

ND has a good team with talented players but if we focus on shutting down Miles and Citron we could be in good shape. So far we have done a good job on Miles but we need to tighten up on Citron.

At least two of those turnovers should have been fouls on ND. These refs came into this game to let them play. It was a very fast 1st half. But that will always reward the home team and the Cards have to keep that in mind. Walz should remind them of this.

It's still hard to believe Louisville is still not in the top 25. How can any voter watch the Cards play and not vote for them? Here they are, two games from first in the ACC, and surrounded on both sides by ranked teams.

If we win tonight, we're probably back in, but if we lose, even by just one point, we will be denied once again.

It has been one weird basketball season.

Morgan Jones must put too much English on the ball because she misses more layups than she makes.

The refs are calling touch fouls now in the 1st half you got your head knocked off and no call. Unfortunately we are the ones being called for the touch fouls.

Reactions: Bardman
If we are going into a half court game instead of an up tempo game we won’t win this. How come no touch foul was called when HVL drove the lane?

That is where OC can be successful - power move at the basket.
Cards need to get in the paint and draw some fouls in order to get to the line.

Stay on Citron she is the only one causing damage. 4th quarter up by 2 we have had the lead at the end of every quarter so far let’s hope that continues. This is one of the few games where I see our bigs fighting for the rebounds.

We are our own worse enemy right now. Careless passes and poor focus

I started the game late so I’m behind. Several minutes into the third

This game is stressing me out. Of the refs open their eyes they might call some of the UND contact when our players are shooting. If we can get to the line we can win. this.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Damnit Hailey. TO and then whine about it. Here goes the lead - just like that.

Unless it is totally obvious the refs just don’t want to call fouls on the irish when our ladies are shooting the ball.

Now Jones is in. Rather see Harris for the size and strength though.

Refs are going to give the Irish every opportunity to win this game at the FT line

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT