ADVERTISEMENT

BHH, Okorafor, Evans

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
BHH 5pts 10rebs
Okorafor 8pts 6 rebs
Evans 7pts 2rebs

I am frustrated as anyone with BHH so far but he did kinda woke up in the 2nd half and was tied as leading rebounder.

Okorafor is an active body out there that plays hard.

Evans has a lot of potential just lacks bulk and is inexperienced. His lob potential and shot blocking can be really good. Is agile.

Need the front court/centers to continue giving production unlike last season where we got little to none.

I thought BHH did a great job in that second half of focusing on his defense and rebounding. Too often in the past he was worried about how many points he scored, and when he wasn’t scoring as much as he expected, he let his frustration negatively affect those other aspects of his game.

He can really help this team if he plays like he did in that second half.

I thought BHH did a great job in that second half of focusing on his defense and rebounding. Too often in the past he was worried about how many points he scored, and when he wasn’t scoring as much as he expected, he let his frustration negatively affect those other aspects of his game.

He can really help this team if he plays like he did in that second half.
A comment KP made about BHH concerned me a bit. He said something like he thinks he can play guard.
And he went on to say he has a lot of people in his ear. I took that to mean friends and family. I think if this team is going to be decent, BHH has to be a big part of that. I don't like him at the 4 though. I would have him at the 5. We give up too much on D with him at the 4. But if he would get his head on straight he could be a force at both ends of the court. Hopefully, he started down that path last night.

Yes, the “thinks he can play guard” comment makes some sense to me … if you’re a forward/center and you’re frustrated that you’re not getting the ball on offense enough, you’re going to want the opportunity to play a position where the ball is in your hands more often.

It's a start for BHH.

There's really not that much talent in his way on this frontcourt. JJ and Okorafor are more of the rotation guys that figure to be up and down off the bench, and Evans isn't really a threat right now.

So if you are BHH, you are looking at a real opportunity here. The dude was a bust last year but they all were. If we want to try to give a guy a clean slate, maybe this is a guy. I didn't see the game last night, did he just trip into 10 rebounds or was he showing a motor?

I'm not optimistic on any of this. Ane he just appeared so lethargic last year, it's hard to envision much for him. But he's still got time. Maybe they could try throwing him the ball on the block and see if he can do something?

Reactions: rh62531
A comment KP made about BHH concerned me a bit. He said something like he thinks he can play guard.
And he went on to say he has a lot of people in his ear. I took that to mean friends and family. I think if this team is going to be decent, BHH has to be a big part of that. I don't like him at the 4 though. I would have him at the 5. We give up too much on D with him at the 4. But if he would get his head on straight he could be a force at both ends of the court. Hopefully, he started down that path last night.
If he has lots of people in his ear I suspect those individuals don’t have faith in him. I doubt Denny or Rick had anyone in their ear.

Reactions: rh62531
I think all these players have people in their ear. The key for the players is they have to listen to only the coaches. The guys that make the most progress listen to the coaches. Listening to people that never played at this level is a mistake and slows down their progress.

Not sold on BHH he is not an elite athlete. He is just a good athlete with a slow motor that happens to be big.

If he has lots of people in his ear I suspect those individuals don’t have faith in him. I doubt Denny or Rick had anyone in their ear.
If Rick had someone in his ear he’d tell them to “get the f**k out”. In those very words 🤬

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT