ADVERTISEMENT

Becton’s NFL Combine Drug Test Flagged

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
According to a report from the NFL Network, Mekhi Becton was among the players who had their drug tests “flagged” at the combine and Becton now enters Stage 1 of the league’s program for drug use. As long as Becton’s drug tests come back clean over the next 60 days, his status will go back to that of a player with no prior offenses.

Last edited:
According to a report from the NFL Network, Mehki Becton was among the players who had their drug tests “flagged” at the combine and Becton now enters Stage 1 of the league’s program for drug use. As long as Becton’s drug tests come back clean over the next 60 days, his status will go back to that of a player with no prior offenses.
Cmon Mehki!! You have the world at your fingertips. Why jeopardize it! Stay clean.

Reactions: Steelers2012
I do believe that what we call a drug and what the NFL calls a drug is two very different things. Ex: Imagine having a terrible sinus issue and taking Sudafed, then being told you tested positive for a "drug". Many supplements today labeled as health supps can contain unknown chemicals that the NFL calls a "drug". So don't assume Mehki is a user. Maybe he's just poorly educated and advised at this point.

Here's the NFL updated list of drugs.
https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/website/Departments/Wellness/2020-Banned-Substances-List.pdf

I do believe that what we call a drug and what the NFL calls a drug is two very different things. Ex: Imagine having a terrible sinus issue and taking Sudafed, then being told you tested positive for a "drug". Many supplements today labeled as health supps can contain unknown chemicals that the NFL calls a "drug". So don't assume Mehki is a user. Maybe he's just poorly educated and advised at this point.

Here's the NFL updated list of drugs.
https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/website/Departments/Wellness/2020-Banned-Substances-List.pdf
While I agree somewhat with this, I believe he would have had a chance to explain or retake the sample. I don’t think they just automatically bump you up to Stage 1. Also we’re not talking about a HS senior getting ready for his first drug test. Players know by now what’s allowed or not allowed. I’m not labeling him as a user by no means but with your draft status at stake, you shouldn’t take any chances.

Looks like Becton’s flagged drug test had very little effect on his draft. He was projected in some mock drafts to go to the Browns as the 10th pick, but went at #11 overall to the Jets. Go big fella!

Reactions: PHCARD
The Jets got a good one. He'll blow open holes in that O line for the Jets running game.

i really didn't think it would matter anyways as new cba i believe effectively eliminates any punishment for pot use unless you are arrested for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT