ADVERTISEMENT

Beating FSU won't be enough

Oct 22, 2011
To get to the College playoff. The loss to Pitt, hurt any chance of that happening. The good news is, they will get a nice New Years Day game.

A one loss conference champ will get in over a one loss team that lost their conference championship.

If we beat UK and beat FSU ……… the evaluation by the Committee will be forced to examine in relationship to all other games. I am not expecting to be included in that elite group, as too many upsets would be required to make us jump that far. However, witnessing how close Michigan came to losing to Maryland, it should serve as an example of how fragile this process can be.

It is true that our overall SoS (84) is unimpressive, but UL is one of only 3 teams in the Country that have 5 wins over Bowl eligible P5 teams; the other two are Alabama and FSU. For the first time I heard the ABC color analyst acknowledge the weather at Pitt was a huge factor in that upset loss, something that most have been unwilling to acknowledge.

Reactions: Mayoman
They need some chaos to happen but it isn’t likely going to matter. The Pitt loss is the worst loss of the remaining teams.

This is why the 12 team playoff is a big deal. Losing 1 game is a major accomplishment against power 5 competition. Instead of 1 loss wrecking a season teams can still make the playoffs. If they bet UK and that isn’t a layup they would host a playoff game. That would be incredible.

You may be right but a lot could happen in the next two weeks. In my opinion, it would require OSU,Texas and Oregon to lose and we would need to win out.

Zero % chance we get into the CFP. And let's be honest, it's the right decision. We aren't a top 4 overall team. We will still get a really nice bowl bid though.

I just want to beat UK...anything else that happens after that is just icing on the cake to an awesome year.

If we played Michigan the way they played Maryland ........ we would win. UGA is the one that I do not see anyone beating.

The problem is going to be now that Jordan Travis is hurt, the ACC Championship will have another asterisk by it and people will still be saying that our schedule was weak and we beat FSU without Travis!

The problem is going to be now that Jordan Travis is hurt, the ACC Championship will have another asterisk by it and people will still be saying that our schedule was weak and we beat FSU without Travis!
We lost a starting tackle and our best safety, and we’ve had our 2 most dynamic players injured for a big chunk of the year. The point is, everybody has key injuries. That’s the way it goes. If you are a champion you overcome it. If you can’t, you weren’t so great to begin with.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT