ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball heresy

Jack Coffee

4500+
Staff
Sep 18, 2006
I know that many on this board will consider what I have to say heresy of the first order but I am not so upset and concerned that Jordan Nwora will probably not be returning next year.
The first reason is that it is obvious that he wants to go pro. Nothing wrong with that but after going so far as to hire an agent any step back will be a great disappointment to someone anxious for the next step in their career. How valuable will he be if he returns if his body is in college and his mind and heart is in the NBA? How much will he hustle and will he put everything on the line when he knows an injury could sidetrack his future?
Nwora was definitely the go-to guy for the Cards last season and at times that was good but more often it was bad. He shot .446 from the field but took over 22% of the shots. Nwora was not effective going off the dribble and good defense would push him farther and farther from the basket. He shot from his chin and did not have elevation on his shot. A quick defender with length could shut him down.
With a top class coming in a fresh start will be in order. I think the Cards will be better with Darius Perry being the go-to player. With hard work and an off-season attitude adjustment I think he can be the guy. He shot better than Nwora from the field, .447 to .446, 3-point .375 to .374. FS% .810 to .765 and had the same number of turnovers at .07 per minute played. I look forward to a rejuvenated Darius Perry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News