ADVERTISEMENT

Barnhardt elected to NCAA commitee boards

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Alot of influence with this 5 year position . Guess Tom needs to critizize the NCAA selection commitee. Then he can get on the board. Gonna be interesting the next 5 years not that he has sole lone power neverless. He will have a voice good or bad!

Reactions: blubo
Alot of influence with this 5 year position . Guess Tom needs to critizize the NCAA selection commitee. Then he can get on the board. Gonna be interesting the next 5 years not that he has sole lone power neverless. He will have a voice good or bad!
Is there actually some level of competence this guy has shown to actually deserve the position? He hired Billy G with a contract written on a restaurant napkin because Billy's hoops team at A & M beat Louisville in the tourney. He allowed the man to indulge his bad habits regularly rather than roping him in as a school embarrassment. His football hires have been epic-ally terrible as a rule. Now his ladies' hoops team is defecting in numbers that may indicate something really dreadful which occurs during his watch.

When hiring ethical midget Calipari is your great achievement in your position, you are officially a failure at life.

If you'll think back a few years, C. M. Newton, former AD at uahkay, was also on the committee. And UofL regularly ended up out on the west coast or somewhere where it was difficult for our fans to travel to the games. Also, the "appointer" was Mr. Gavitt whom has proven NOT to be a friend of UofL in the past. At least, I believe that to be the case.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

It doesn't matter. Each time the deck has been stacked against the Cardinals, they rise above it with quality leadership provided by the best AD in the country. I'm not concerned about Barnhardt being on this committee at all. It should be a good place for him. It'll keep him busy. He sure hasn't been doing all that much in the UKAD. Nothing noteworthy anyway.

Lots of tin foil hats in this thread. It's a committee, not a dictatorship.

I LOL'd at your "ethical midget" comment Senore. Glass houses sir. And no, I'm not referring to your basketball coach.

Well then who are you referring to? You sure as hell couldn't be referring to ANY other person in a leadership role at the University of Louisville. The growth of our University has been incredible over the last 10-12 years and our AD is the best AD in all of college sports. So who, sir, are you referring to? And, by the way, I don't care for the "ethical midget" reference above but it's a free country.

Calipari left two program-killing disasters in his wake as the least attentive enabler in basketball history who has a past which federal prisons entertain, lol. He is the Bernie Madoff of the One and Done and UK slurpers at his feet praise him as a demigod of intelligence while he uses you guys like a carpetbagging drum. Now, with a circular system of handlers, grifters and the standard average UK-famous rich boosters, you want to tell us, John, that he is "clean". LMAO.

"Cal is clean, man!!" has been the single most redundant rhetorical device in the UK smack arsenal.

It nearly reaches the level of delusion of UK football fans. Well, maybe not quite that bad yet because that set of delusions is epic and now world famous and had a 50 year head start.

Well then who are you referring to? You sure as hell couldn't be referring to ANY other person in a leadership role at the University of Louisville. The growth of our University has been incredible over the last 10-12 years and our AD is the best AD in all of college sports. So who, sir, are you referring to? And, by the way, I don't care for the "ethical midget" reference above but it's a free country.

Chirping_Crickets.jpg

Reactions: Deeva and blubo
Calipari left two program-killing disasters in his wake as the least attentive enabler in basketball history who has a past which federal prisons entertain, lol. He is the Bernie Madoff of the One and Done and UK slurpers at his feet praise him as a demigod of intelligence while he uses you guys like a carpetbagging drum. Now, with a circular system of handlers, grifters and the standard average UK-famous rich boosters, you want to tell us, John, that he is "clean". LMAO.

"Cal is clean, man!!" has been the single most redundant rhetorical device in the UK smack arsenal.

It nearly reaches the level of delusion of UK football fans. Well, maybe not quite that bad yet because that set of delusions is epic and now world famous and had a 50 year head start.

I'll be the first to admit that Calipari isn't squeaky clean. I'm of the belief that any coach who is recruiting at that level looks the other way on things - Cal, K, Roy, Self, Miller, Pitino, Izzo....all of them. I didn't say anywhere in my post that Cal was ivory white - I just made a comment and said "glass houses."

As for my ethical midget comment, your football coach has spent his career with a foot out the door at every stop and was caught red handed in an episode that HR departments have nightmares about.Ethical midget? That's the very definition of the term methinks. But he's a winner, so I suppose it's cool to overlook that type of thing. I'll accept that Calipari is an ethical midget if you're willing to admit that your AD (who I think is the best in the business BTW) wouldn't have touched a guy with Petrino's baggage with a 30 foot pole if his on field accomplishments weren't what they are.

And as for your last comment, I am right there with you. Our football program is an unmitigated disaster. No clue how some of our fans can get that enthused about it every year when it's wash, rinse, repeat of the same old stuff.

Reactions: awf
The relationship of our AD and Bobby is a bit deeper than that, sorry. Tom gave him his first HC job. Are you aware of that?

Reactions: Deeva
I'll be the first to admit that Calipari isn't squeaky clean. I'm of the belief that any coach who is recruiting at that level looks the other way on things - Cal, K, Roy, Self, Miller, Pitino, Izzo....all of them. I didn't say anywhere in my post that Cal was ivory white - I just made a comment and said "glass houses."

As for my ethical midget comment, your football coach has spent his career with a foot out the door at every stop and was caught red handed in an episode that HR departments have nightmares about.Ethical midget? That's the very definition of the term methinks. But he's a winner, so I suppose it's cool to overlook that type of thing. I'll accept that Calipari is an ethical midget if you're willing to admit that your AD (who I think is the best in the business BTW) wouldn't have touched a guy with Petrino's baggage with a 30 foot pole if his on field accomplishments weren't what they are.

And as for your last comment, I am right there with you. Our football program is an unmitigated disaster. No clue how some of our fans can get that enthused about it every year when it's wash, rinse, repeat of the same old stuff.

Just a couple of things: first, it is apparent that Coach Petrino has sought the forgiveness of his wife and family and his lord. Seems as though they have made their lives together all over again so it doesn't really doesn't matter what you or any other uahkay fan thinks. Coach Petrino has never left ANY football program in a shambles the way your basketball coach left UMass and Memphis State. Me thinks you didn't think your comments thru.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman
Do you guys even know what shambles means? Penn state was shambles. SMU was shambles. UK in 1988 was shambles. U MASS was hot garbage when Calipari arrived and their sanctions were basically nothing. They had 4 wins vacated and Camby paid their fine for them. No post season ban. Memphis made the tourney in the 4 years immediately following Cal's departure. Again, no postseason ban. Both programs were better off when he left than when he arrived.

Reactions: awf and blubo
Having a final four appearance taken away is a shambles. You really need to go back to your own boards where ignorance is an acceptable attitude.

Reactions: LockdownCard
UMass was left in an embarrassment of shambles, lol. Should we talk about their academic performances under Calipari now? Perhaps the lowest GPA in history until Wall, Cousins, Orton and Sticks Bledsoe's incredibly under achieving run.

So what are your thoughts on this hooker scandal currently plaguing UofL basketball?

Of course you cayut fans love the "hooker scandal" but if I were you (God forbid) I'd wait until the whole story comes out. Roe07 I've been told that ignorance is bliss . . . is it?

UMass was left in an embarrassment of shambles, lol. Should we talk about their academic performances under Calipari now? Perhaps the lowest GPA in history until Wall, Cousins, Orton and Sticks Bledsoe's incredibly under achieving run.

What about academic performance under Calipari? The UK team has had an APR of 1000 for three or four years now. There have been several of his one and done players that have come back and completed their degree.

What about academic performance under Calipari? The UK team has had an APR of 1000 for three or four years now. There have been several of his one and done players that have come back and completed their degree.
Name one.

Petrino did leave UL in shambles. That is the main reason that Kraigthorpe failed. After he kicked Petrino's punks off of the team he couldn't compete.
. UL fans blamed Kraigthorpe for Petrino's mistakes. Almost every outcast that can play football ends up on his teams.
Leaving 19 starters returning from a BCS winning team officially rates as "Quite OK" in absolutely anyone's book, no matter if they were composed of serial killers. Any other coach outside of Stoops and Krags would have been in their needs in gratitude. But then, how the hell would you know?

You reasoning shows you are just another delusional UK fan, obsessed with rewriting history to meet some weird, grade school smack agenda of yours. You guys have gotten so outside the envelope with your horror at being nail clippings at the sport of college football - and getting worse, no less, lol - that the bizarre stuff you accept as fact comes from a site which is universally lauded as the most hilarious and delusional in all of the fans sites of fans who invest in the game.

Jauk's work is especially rich, lol, with deepening scandals as yet unearthed which grow exponentially dreadful as his bizarre pronouncements about his Blow Up Jurich Doll take even more flight from their already laughable positions.

Mark Stoops is actually the closest player to Krags of any coach we can think of. It has to be so ironic for you, doesn't it, lol? He was a mess and so is your guy. Hey - this season, don;t forget to include 11 guys on special teams. Fielding 8 is really asking for trouble.

I've not once brought up hooker gate because I think its been overblown frankly.

I just object to anyone saying Calipari left either UMass or Memphis in "shambles" when neither team received any sort of post season ban and both were in appreciably better shape when he left than when he arrived. As for the vacated games, go try and get your money back from you bookie for any of those games you lost and they will teach you a lesson about reality. The games happened, and in the real world they count. The NCAA is nothing but a mismanaged fantasy land.

So your bookie says "No harm, no foul", lol. Now that's going to the experts.

UMass was a .500 team for ten years following Calipari.

So your bookie says "No harm, no foul", lol. Now that's going to the experts.

UMass was a .500 team for ten years following Calipari.

UMass played zero NCAA tournament games in 30 years prior to Cal's arrival too. They were crap before he got there, excellent by UMass standards while he was there, and have been mediocre since he left.

I stand by my vacated wins comment. It's a quasi penalty the NCAA hands out when nothing more is warranted. Post season bans are handed out far less often because they are exponentially more severe. As powerful as the NCAA is, even they can't erase the past. If vacated wins were an actual penalty, a couple of UK's titles from the 50s, Syracuse's title in 2003, and at least a few others would be gone too.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneEarWonder
UMass played zero NCAA tournament games in 30 years prior to Cal's arrival too. They were crap before he got there, excellent by UMass standards while he was there, and have been mediocre since he left.

I stand by my vacated wins comment. It's a quasi penalty the NCAA hands out when nothing more is warranted. Post season bans are handed out far less often because they are exponentially more severe. As powerful as the NCAA is, even they can't erase the past. If vacated wins were an actual penalty, a couple of UK's titles from the 50s, Syracuse's title in 2003, and at least a few others would be gone too.

I agree, vacated wins are a joke, the games happened. I distinctly remember Kansas beating Memphis because Memphis could not hit free throws. The NCAA may have vacated that game, but it still happened.

Another reason it is a joke is look at Penn State. The NCAA vacated the wins, then later "restored" the wins. It is meaningless.

I agree, vacated wins are a joke, the games happened. I distinctly remember Kansas beating Memphis because Memphis could not hit free throws. The NCAA may have vacated that game, but it still happened.
I remember it too, and the reason that game was stripped from the record books is because Memphis State choked away the win. If the Tigers had held on to win, that game would not be stripped away from the record books, and Calipari would only be credited with 1 vacated final 4 instead of 2.

You can call it meaningless if you want, but it means something and it's not positive. It's a black eye. A punch to the gut. An embarrassment, and the most embarrassing thing of all is people who cheat AND win are rewarded. The people who cheat and lose are then punished. You said it yourself. Wins are vacated, but not ONE championship has ever been vacated. It just doesn't happen even if it was justified.

I think we can all agree that the NCAA is a joke. They are inconsistent, slow, and all they care about is $$. "Student Athlete" is an oxymoron in this day and age, at least in the money sports.

I am simply in disagreement with the assessment of UMass and Memphis post Cal - one poster called the incidents "program killing disasters" and another said the two programs were left in "shambles." It's pretty obvious that neither of those statements even approach a tiny level of truth. If someone can point me in the direction of alternate definitions of those 2 terms that fit the narrative, I'll be happy to reconsider my stance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT