ADVERTISEMENT

Bad Day for UofL non-revenue fall sports

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
An off-campus party has led to 34 athletes (no football players) testing positive for Covid. It’s a real shame that they decided to not give a damn about all the efforts being spent on trying to get them to be able to play their sport this fall.

Most healthy kids with a 99.99% chance of having no problem with the virus are doing the same thing

Most healthy kids with a 99.99% chance of having no problem with the virus are doing the same thing

Awesome. Too bad these kids require the services of support staff that have potentially less favorable outcomes. But hey all that matters is ME and my right to party! Greater good matters little in your mind I suppose.

Reactions: CardsFirst
It’s a case of you can’t blame them. They’re young, invincible, and ready to have a good time. I was once guilty of that. During a global pandemic, with heightened awareness, while my collegiate athletic career depended on me be a smart citizen? Not exactly. I mean, one party, ONE, led to 29 positive tests? Crazy!

Last edited:
Reactions: KozmasAgain
It is important not to assign blame to all 34 infected people, as if all 34 of them attended the off-campus party. It’s much more likely that only a handful of them did, and then that handful interacted with their more responsible teammates, roommates and athletic trainers, which resulted in the 34 total cases.

Reactions: earsky and gocds
It is important not to assign blame to all 34 infected people, as if all 34 of them attended the off-campus party. It’s much more likely that only a handful of them did, and then that handful interacted with their more responsible teammates, roommates and athletic trainers, which resulted in the 34 total cases.
Which is why it is important everyone should do their part...

Reactions: gocds and PushupMan
I think the number that attended the party is right around 21. The others were exposed by those players as I understand. As you suspected

Hearing that 3 soccer players who threw the party have been dismissed. Should serve as a wake up call to the entire athletic department about what’s appropriate during this pandemic.

Reactions: gocds
I read the article from one of the soccer players who was dismissed and he gave a total different story of what happened. He said only a couple of people were getting together. Then people invited people and it grew.

After this thing is over I guarantee we will be having another baby boom generation. I hope it will be as good as the first one.

Reactions: vivid_red
I read the article from one of the soccer players who was dismissed and he gave a total different story of what happened. He said only a couple of people were getting together. Then people invited people and it grew.

That tends to happen at parties ... that’s why, as the host, you have to be willing to shut it down when it gets too big. But almost certainly alcohol was involved, and with alcohol, impaired judgment follows.

Reactions: gocds
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT