ADVERTISEMENT

AP Pre-Seaon Top 25 out...

Dec 31, 2002
Not a ton of love for the ACC outside of Clemson. Syracuse ranked. Miami, VT, Virginia in the "others" category. Still, if those teams win early they will have the opportunity to move up quickly.

---

1 Clemson(52) 1540
2 Alabama(10) 1496
3 Georgia 1403
4 Oklahoma 1331
5 Ohio State 1261
6 LSU 1199
7 Michigan 1164
8 Florida 1054
9 Notre Dame 1044
10 Texas 1005
11 Oregon 860
12 Texas A&M 852
13 Washington 786
14 Utah 772
15 Penn State 651
16 Auburn 578
17 UCF 410
18 Michigan State 377
19 Wisconsin 370
20 Iowa 330
21 Iowa State 302
22 Syracuse 209
23 Washington State 200
24 Nebraska 154
25 Stanford 141

Others receiving votes: Missouri 117, Army 94, Mississippi State 87, Miami 70, Northwestern 63, TCU 57, Virginia 44, Boise State 38, Cincinnati 16, South Carolina 15, Virginia Tech 12, Fresno State 8, Utah State 8, Minnesota 7, Memphis 6, Appalachian State 5, West Virginia 3, Oklahoma State 3, UAB 3, Arizona State 3, Arizona 1, USC 1

I read a stat about Michigan being the first team ever to lose their last two games both by over 23 points and be ranked the following year in the top 10.

Reactions: Jondale72
Its early in the season, plus its always hard to tell how really good a team is. Clemson only plays two top 25 teams(Texas A&M & Syracuse). Clemson also plays in a conference where there are only 2 teams in the Top 25. kinda weak schedule
Flip it around and if Clemson had to play the Texas A&M schedule (against 5 top 25 teams) how good or bad would they look.

When was the last time Florida State didn't receive a single vote in the pre-season AP Poll? Arizona even got a vote.

That will be one hell of a game if both teams are 5-6 at that point.

Just like the media, Card fans not taking Cats serious. Lets not forget there is DEPTH for the first time with the Cats. While is do not see 10 wins, it is really setup for 7-8 easily. Unlike previous years, UK has the talent to potentially beat all with the exception UGA

Just like the media, Card fans not taking Cats serious. Lets not forget there is DEPTH for the first time with the Cats. While is do not see 10 wins, it is really setup for 7-8 easily. Unlike previous years, UK has the talent to potentially beat all with the exception UGA

7-8 easily?

So you think there are 8 easy wins on UK’s schedule?

Easy 8: c toledo, emu, MSU, USC, Ark, Vandy, UTM UL Sorry UL is not back yet. UT and Missouri are two more at Home that will be close to call

You think South Carolina, Miss St & Vandy are all easy?
Easy means your 2nd string gets the majority of 2nd half snaps.

You think South Carolina, Miss St & Vandy are all easy?
Easy means your 2nd string gets the majority of 2nd half snaps.

yep, let look at the record. Uk has beat USC and won even when the Joke was there. Miss St. Dan Mullen is not there for the 2nd year in a row which UK handled fairly well last year. Vandy really, they play hard and disciplined. BTW an easy win is when your 3rd string is in not 2nd. This is why CBP lost, he did not build depth needed for the ACC like CCS

yep, let look at the record. Uk has beat USC and won even when the Joke was there. Miss St. Dan Mullen is not there for the 2nd year in a row which UK handled fairly well last year. Vandy really, they play hard and disciplined. BTW an easy win is when your 3rd string is in not 2nd. This is why CBP lost, he did not build depth needed for the ACC like CCS

I’m neutral here. Look at my name. ND (my home team) & AF (my school).
I am looking at this from an unbiased opinion & I just don’t see it at all.
UK didn’t receive a single vote in the polls & some of the teams you named are ranked above them.

Last edited:
I’m neutral here. Look at my name. ND (my home team) & AF (my school).
I am looking at this from an unbiased opinion & I just don’t see it at all.
UK didn’t receive a single vote in the polls & some of the teams you named are ranked above them.

I will stick with the coaches poll which has UK at 31st

After all, the coaches(assistant coaches) have all the time in the world to analyze everyone else’s team. They do fame names and their brotherhood.

Reactions: BPGhost
I will stick with the coaches poll which has UK at 31st

That same poll has a team you called an easy win ranked higher than UK.
It’s funny how a team has an above average year, and now all of a sudden 8 of their games the next year are easy with their 3rd string playing the majority of the 2nd half.
Talk about drinking the Kool Aid...

Reactions: HRTheCard
That same poll has a team you called an easy win ranked higher than UK.
It’s funny how a team has an above average year, and now all of a sudden 8 of their games the next year are easy with their 3rd string playing the majority of the 2nd half.
Talk about drinking the Kool Aid...

I will give him that their cupcake games are probably the worst I have ever seen by a P5 team. I mean Toledo, EMU, AND UTM??? I mean that's half of what it takes to get to a bowl. My gosh that is awful.

Reactions: BPGhost and PHCARD
Oh look, another thread that turned into a discussion about our favorite obsession, BIG BLUE NATION. Every time they come up going to be our nicknames, predicting them to lose, or if they do win it's just luck or cheating. They've never won a game fair or by being a better team.

Oh and man their non-conference, which we keep making fun of for being weak, but we forget that we are the worst team on there outside of whatever FCS team they scheduled.

This is a LOUISVILLE FORUM. Lets talk Louisville sports and not turn every discussion into UK. They are better right now. Yes they've historically been a joke, but right now we don't have room to talk.

Oh look, another thread that turned into a discussion about our favorite obsession, BIG BLUE NATION. Every time they come up going to be our nicknames, predicting them to lose, or if they do win it's just luck or cheating. They've never won a game fair or by being a better team.

Oh and man their non-conference, which we keep making fun of for being weak, but we forget that we are the worst team on there outside of whatever FCS team they scheduled.

This is a LOUISVILLE FORUM. Lets talk Louisville sports and not turn every discussion into UK. They are better right now. Yes they've historically been a joke, but right now we don't have room to talk.

I guess Wildcat Lair has never, not once, ever, had a thread about Louisville prior to last year. Or even spoke of us one time.

MoF, I don't think I've seen you post anything on this board other than what you are posting now, so to me, that tells me you aren't a Louisville fan. You want people to talk about Louisville, yet you haven't.

I guess Wildcat Lair has never, not once, ever, had a thread about Louisville prior to last year. Or even spoke of us one time.

MoF, I don't think I've seen you post anything on this board other than what you are posting now, so to me, that tells me you aren't a Louisville fan. You want people to talk about Louisville, yet you haven't.
You know how many posts I have on Wildcat Lair? 0 I don't go there and don't care about them, I read here. If you want to be sUcKs Lite, be my guest. I actually want to be a Cardinal.

I was THE ONLY one at the end of the 2017 season that predicted the collapse of next year's team. So yeah, don't come at me with this "why are you posting this now"

Nebraska #24. They won 4 games last year. Guess I will keep an eye on them.

Cards just not close. Maybe by season's end the Cards can show some improvement and be under consideration the following year!

Reactions: Mayoman
I will give him that their cupcake games are probably the worst I have ever seen by a P5 team. I mean Toledo, EMU, AND UTM??? I mean that's half of what it takes to get to a bowl. My gosh that is awful.
Keep in mind all 4 of these teams would beat last years and this years cards team. Also, lets not forget the Cards are now in the ACC not the AAC or Big Least, There is a legitimate competition each week that could sneak up and beat anyone.

HR, would you like to take care of this poster and set them straight before I do the deed?

Nebraska #24. They won 4 games last year. Guess I will keep an eye on them.

Cards just not close. Maybe by season's end the Cards can show some improvement and be under consideration the following year!
It is a strong possibility if we show improvement.

Frost has buzz from UCF and is the flavor of the moment for young coaches. Combine that with Nebraska's resources and the hype is there

Scott Satterfield is well respected in the media and in the coaching community. If we show a bit of improvement this year, the national media will take notice. Its good to actually have a coach that is respected unlike the last guy. (And I admit I wanted Bobby at the time boy was I wrong)

HR, would you like to take care of this poster and set them straight before I do the deed?
Do I at least get to say anything or discuss anything with you before I am banned? I have been nothing but respectful and have followed every rule. I am not trolling, maybe blunt and arrogant but not a troll.

If you think I need to change my manner of posting I will gladly comply if you just tell me what to do in a private message. And if I need to buy premium to stay on here (which seems to be how some people can bypass following rules), then @Mark Ennis can tell me where to put my credit card info.

You said this is now "our" forum again as Cards fans. With my undergrad degree and my MBA both from UofL along with 15 years of season tickets for football, do I not get to have a voice? I certainly will change if you have a new guideline or standard.

Keep in mind all 4 of these teams would beat last years and this years cards team. Also, lets not forget the Cards are now in the ACC not the AAC or Big Least, There is a legitimate competition each week that could sneak up and beat anyone.

You have no idea if that is true because you don’t know how good UL will be this year.
And once again, saying that you will have your 3rd string in the game against 8 opponents is just silly.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Do I at least get to say anything or discuss anything with you before I am banned? I have been nothing but respectful and have followed every rule. I am not trolling, maybe blunt and arrogant but not a troll.

If you think I need to change my manner of posting I will gladly comply if you just tell me what to do in a private message. And if I need to buy premium to stay on here (which seems to be how some people can bypass following rules), then @Mark Ennis can tell me where to put my credit card info.

You said this is now "our" forum again as Cards fans. With my undergrad degree and my MBA both from UofL along with 15 years of season tickets for football, do I not get to have a voice? I certainly will change if you have a new guideline or standard.

I think he is referring to the UK poster, not you.

Reactions: PHCARD
LOL. You're saying they would beat this years cardinal team and the season hasn't started yet.

And they would not beat last years team. Sorry. You can try to talk them up, but using Toledo, EMU, and UTM to get halfway to bowl eligibility is beyond pathetic.

Kentucky isn't the only SEC that does this, I will say. However, I mean my gosh, that is weak.

using Toledo, EMU, and UTM to get halfway to bowl eligibility is beyond pathetic.

Kentucky isn't the only SEC that does this, I will say. However, I mean my gosh, that is weak.

In UK's defense, why would any P5 team want to schedule UK in an OOC game?

USC (the real one)... Texas... Wisconsin... Miami... Notre Dame... Penn State...Virginia Tech... UCLA... Nebraska... Boston College... Washington State... Rutgers... What is their incentive?

Nobody besides Louisville in the P5 really has any desire to play them because they are UK. It'd be like signing a home-home with Kansas in football. Can you imagine the above schools trying to sell UK as a home game to their fans every other year? The goal is to sell tickets.

The only reason it works with UL-UK is there is enough interest in the state to sell that game out wherever it is. UK-IU is the only other P5 matchup I can even imagine working, and due to the bad blood in basketball I don't see them renewing that "rivalry".

UK really has no other P5 options besides Louisville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT