ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone post the slapd!ck sighting behind Dukie V?...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
...Just started watching the replay. Before the game even started, yep, one of 'em right behind the ESPN broadcasters.

Poor guy had no team to root for.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Reactions: JohnCard28
I'm hoping he paid a lot of money to watch us beat the Dukies. Otherwise I hope he also spent some money at the concession stand. He got treated to a great game.

I understand UK fans in Louisville having season tickets, even lower arena tickets... Either personally or through a corporation. I understand going to watch good basketball locally. What I'll never understand is wearing UK gear to a non UK game. Or any other team wear if that team isn't playing.

Dude looks like a tool.

I was in town recently...and it's hilarious watching all these grown men walking around head to toe in UK gear. I understand a shirt, hat, jacket....but to have the whole dang outfit on at once. lol That's a lot of blue. I do my share of traveling to cities and you just don't see this anywhere else.

I was going into a restaurant and a whole family was decked out in it. Of course they weren't in shape either which made it even more comical. I almost took a picture of them to post on here. Didn't know if it's legal to do it but it sure would be funny.

It would suck to have to play an SEC schedule, I don't blame them for wanting to watch an ACC game.

As for him wearing his uk shirt, I would bet that over 50% of them (uk fans) don't have anything without uk on it.

I hope they got some sort of enjoyment out of it all, as UK fans don't like Duke.
I saw it and chose to ignore him. He was sitting with a one of our home fans so I blame that idiot that can't control or say no to a POS Uagay fan that was obviously his friend. Glad they lost the way they did last night. I drank an extra Guinness beer in their honor!

Reactions: Louisvillian
Our BB 15 yr old & 12 yr old grandsons go to UL games all the time with us. They have enough common sense not to wear their blue stuff. All I've ever asked of them is to not be a hater. In fact, they have become big UL baseball fans and also love UL football too, except when playing UK of course. That's ok, because we aren't haters around them. It's UK generations of generations of taught hatred that disturbs me.

I will never understand it. No other rival team in any sport does this. I just don't get it.
Opposing fans are given tickets all the time. Nothing wrong with it, IMO. When initially reading this, I was expecting the guy to be wearing blue from head to toe. He's got a little UK symbol on, big deal. Ohio State people are everywhere, Alabama people are everywhere. Same thing happens all the time at other games, so much it isn't even talked about anymore.

Our BB 15 yr old & 12 yr old grandsons go to UL games all the time with us. They have enough common sense not to wear their blue stuff. All I've ever asked of them is to not be a hater. In fact, they have become big UL baseball fans and also love UL football too, except when playing UK of course. That's ok, because we aren't haters around them. It's UK generations of generations of taught hatred that disturbs me.

I think there are generations of hate on both sides. Just read some of the post here? I choose to ignore both sides when it comes to the haters. I watch the games and enjoy basketball. I have live in Louisville most of my life. I have lived in other areas that have rivalries and don't see the level of hate. When I lived in England the soccer fans were more passionate than anything that goes on here. To me is it just as silly. Enjoy the game. When the buzzer sounds there is nothing anyone any where can do to change the outcome.

If you recorded the game, continue to look at those seats behind Dickie V and you will no longer see the Two Kat fans. They were simply grubbing the seats and getting on TV until someone ran them out. Pathetic.

It had to be a rough day for them: Cards beat their nemesis (Duke), they sit by and watch the 30 year anniversary of the 1986 NCAA Champs, and them to go home and watch a middle of the pack, football school from a mid major conference beat them, well that's just a sad day.

Go Cards, go ACC
L1C4

If I had a chance to go watch a game at the Yum Center with great seats like that I wouldn't pass up the opportunity. I would probably wear a Kentucky shirt. I don't think there is anything wrong with supporting your team no matter where you are. The guy got a chance to watch two great programs play in one of the better arenas in the country. Some of us just love good basketball.

It's almost like garanimals for UK fans. "Hey Honey, Does royal blue go with royal blue?" (nothing goes with royal blue..especially more royal blue!) Bunch of grown @ss men men dressing and acting like clowns for Cal. How much more royal blue can my outfit get? --none. none more royal blue

I see it ..clownsforcal.com.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThroughBlue
BTW, UK can act like they have black n their past, but they don't. Nothing but royal blue and white baby!.

Nothing worse than getting in line behind some lard butt trailer park queen buying her families UK wardrobe for the year.

The irony!

I've lived the past 20+ years outside of KY (in NC), so I think I've only met one UL fan during those 20+ years away from KY. So maybe my experience from >20 years ago is different than how things are now. I grew up in SouthCentral KY, again where UL fans were few-and-far-between, but I then went to college at WKU which has a lot of students from Louisville (including my best friend from college, who was a UK fan). So I was around a lot of UL fans while at WKU. And those UL fans were some of most rude and hateful fans of any team I've ever been around. Now maybe their age (18-22) had something to do with that. But I find it ironic to read a UL fan saying that UK fans are taught hatred (of UL).
To me, I dislike UNC and Duke more (than UL), probably because I live & work among their fans.

The irony!

I've lived the past 20+ years outside of KY (in NC), so I think I've only met one UL fan during those 20+ years away from KY. So maybe my experience from >20 years ago is different than how things are now. I grew up in SouthCentral KY, again where UL fans were few-and-far-between, but I then went to college at WKU which has a lot of students from Louisville (including my best friend from college, who was a UK fan). So I was around a lot of UL fans while at WKU. And those UL fans were some of most rude and hateful fans of any team I've ever been around. Now maybe their age (18-22) had something to do with that. But I find it ironic to read a UL fan saying that UK fans are taught hatred (of UL).
To me, I dislike UNC and Duke more (than UL), probably because I live & work among their fans.
Here's a test for you since we have to take you at your word: Go to a UK-Florida game at Rupp Arena with a red Louisville Cardinal shirt on. Then go to UofL-North Carolina game at the Yum Center with a blue UK shirt on.

Then come back to this message board afterwards and let us know how you were treated at each venue.

*You might want to take an umbrella and earplugs into Rupp.

Reactions: American Male
If I had a chance to go watch a game at the Yum Center with great seats like that I wouldn't pass up the opportunity. I would probably wear a Kentucky shirt. I don't think there is anything wrong with supporting your team no matter where you are. The guy got a chance to watch two great programs play in one of the better arenas in the country. Some of us just love good basketball.
Don't care if you think you're being respectful or not. You wear uk gear to a UofL game when uk isn't playing then do not expect hugs and high fives from the UofL faithful. I don't care if you're wearing a grey shirt with a little uk logo on it. It's disrespectful and will not be greeted well.

I could care less if an OSU fan or any other school fan shows up wearing their own gear but everyone, including that moron, knows better than to wear uk gear to a UofL game. It's a slight and everyone knows it. So don't act as if it's ok...because it's not.

Reactions: nccardfan
I don't know because I was not there but I doubt the guy was looking for high fives and hugs. He probably was looking for a good basketball game between two great programs. As a poster above said, that is exactly what he got. I'm jealous that he was there and I was at home watching it on my couch.

I don't know because I was not there but I doubt the guy was looking for high fives and hugs. He probably was looking for a good basketball game between two great programs. As a poster above said, that is exactly what he got. I'm jealous that he was there and I was at home watching it on my couch.
Nope. That guy was there to prove he was/is a slapdick, and he succeeded. His picture is now forever linked on the web to all the other slapdicks who proved they were slapdicks in basically the same fashion. A slapdick has to do what a slapdick has to do. He represented!

Reactions: nccardfan
Also saw more slapd!cks than I cared to over the weekend at the U of L BASEBALL games.

But of course, I almost understand why that is...

I was in town recently...and it's hilarious watching all these grown men walking around head to toe in UK gear. I understand a shirt, hat, jacket....but to have the whole dang outfit on at once. lol That's a lot of blue. I do my share of traveling to cities and you just don't see this anywhere else.

I was going into a restaurant and a whole family was decked out in it. Of course they weren't in shape either which made it even more comical. I almost took a picture of them to post on here. Didn't know if it's legal to do it but it sure would be funny.
Have to disagree.... Although I don't like the look myself, I see people do this sort of thing a lot in other cities. Not so much college, but mostly professional teams. Denver, Seattle, Chicago, Philly. On game days you see people totally decked out in their gear. Hell, I see UofL fans dressed like this all of the time Louisville.

Have to disagree.... Although I don't like the look myself, I see people do this sort of thing a lot in other cities. Not so much college, but mostly professional teams. Denver, Seattle, Chicago, Philly. On game days you see people totally decked out in their gear. Hell, I see UofL fans dressed like this all of the time Louisville.

Yeah, I doubt we hang out in the same part of town(s).

Still think it would make a great site ...to show how they go out dressed like a fools in public.

Yeah, I doubt we hang out in the same part of town(s).

Still think it would make a great site ...to show how they go out dressed like a fools in public.
Agreed. I don't know what part of town you live in Omega but I never see anyone wearing any UofL stuff while out except when I go to games or maybe a bar where they are showing a game. On the flip side, I see sUcK fans with UK hats, shirts, pants, socks, etc. (looking ridiculous BTW) when I go out all of the time.

Opposing fans are given tickets all the time. Nothing wrong with it, IMO. When initially reading this, I was expecting the guy to be wearing blue from head to toe. He's got a little UK symbol on, big deal. Ohio State people are everywhere, Alabama people are everywhere. Same thing happens all the time at other games, so much it isn't even talked about anymore.
No, the same things doesn't happen all the time at other games. Go to a Yewkay football game or basketball game. Go around the entire stadium and see if you see anyone dressed in UofL gear. I can give that answer and it is no. You won't find them because we have class and respect and wouldn't do that. sUcKs fans on the other hand have no shame and no class.

Reactions: JohnCard28
No, the same things doesn't happen all the time at other games. Go to a Yewkay football game or basketball game. Go around the entire stadium and see if you see anyone dressed in UofL gear. I can give that answer and it is no. You won't find them because we have class and respect and wouldn't do that. sUcKs fans on the other hand have no shame and no class.
Or we just want to represent the school that we have ties to. Wearing a Kentucky shirt to a game harms no one. If the guy was openly cheering against Louisville then it would be a discussion and if the guy did do that then Im sure he heard about it while he was there. It was a good game to go to, maybe you guys are jealous like me that he had such good seats to such a good game?

Or we just want to represent the school that we have ties to. Wearing a Kentucky shirt to a game harms no one. If the guy was openly cheering against Louisville then it would be a discussion and if the guy did do that then Im sure he heard about it while he was there. It was a good game to go to, maybe you guys are jealous like me that he had such good seats to such a good game?

Sorry, the guy was a tool. If your team isn't playing, whey wear the gear to a game? It is too common to be accidental as well. I don't personally own much fan gear, but if I go to a UL game @ Yum, I am certainly not wearing a UK hat or shirt (unless they are playing UK). Just like if I go to a Bengals-Browns game in Cincy I'm not wearing my Steelers jacket either.

There is NO defense for it. It is childish, looking for attention. I am all for supporting your team... but there is a time and a place for it. UL game @ Yum is not the time nor the place to wear UK gear.

He's not a representative of the school, he's not an official, he's not a player or coach, he's just an ignorant fan that wants to detract attention to himself. As other posters have said, it's all about respect and knowing what is right and wrong. All he represents is ignorance and there are quite a few out there.

He didn't have such good seats to such a good game. As the game went on they kept showing Dickie V. and the Kat Twins were no longer there. A female and another gentlemen occupied the seats. They were just grubbing and posing. Typical and Sad.

Go Cards, Go ACC
L1C4

Reactions: Cue Card
He didn't have such good seats to such a good game. As the game went on they kept showing Dickie V. and the Kat Twins were no longer there. A female and another gentlemen occupied the seats. They were just grubbing and posing. Typical and Sad.

Go Cards, Go ACC
L1C4
Ultimate no-lifers.

Reactions: Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT