ADVERTISEMENT

Another huge challenge: at Syracuse at noon today

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
I sincerely hope that CJW has some defensive strategy to deny Fair from dominating the game for Syracuse. She took 25 shots in Louisville, which should tell UL everything they need to know about what the Orange will be dependent upon.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I didn’t see your thread before I posted a game thread but I agree with you on Fair. Have somebody shadow her I think her range is mid-court. We need to play with the same intensity that we played with against ND and every game we need to rebound, rebound and rebound.

Reactions: JTMPR and Guardman
Tough game this is going to be a mail biter, both teams are playing hard we need to step in all categories to win this one. Better rebounding, better passing to find the open player and better defense shutting down Fair.

Despite the fact that CJW knows better than anyone in the arena that Fair myst be guarded; Harris at 6’2” tall, gave 5’5” Fair about 6’ of space to prepare her 3 pointer to finish the half. No excuse for that mental mistake, to not recognize that Fair was going to take that open shot.

One other observation, why would Elfie get that many minutes without any real contribution? Mobley or Shaik deserve some of those minutes, as Elfie spends much of her time on the perimeter where she is too slow to defend, and not capable of being an outside threat shooting the ball. Good attitude and effort, but is just ineffective against an athletic team like Syracuse.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Can’t disagree. Mobley, with her athleticism, would be make sense.

Yes they did....should have tried a quicker player to commit that foul. Too obvious....

I hope its not the case, but I suspect that loss just cost UL a chance to win a portion of the ACC regular season title. Even if we beat VT (huge challenge despite playing the game at home), we have to visit ND and yesterday’s loss will be the difference.

Just gotta take care of business. There will be ref love at South Bend that is for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT