CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Rogue SOB McGee?
Ho bag Powell?
Inept Smrt?
Those who hired Smrt (Ramsey/Jurich)?
Pitino?
Those who retained Smrt and failed with their appeal (Postel/Tyra)?
All the above?
Am I forgetting anyone?

The responsibility ultimately falls on McGee for bringing the whores into our program, Pitino for his lack of oversight, and the recruits/players who participated. Also any other assistant coaches who should have known what was happening or did know and failed to stop it. What happened after that is just incidental.

Rogue SOB McGee?
Ho bag Powell?
Inept Smrt?
Pitino?
All the above?
Am I forgetting anyone?

I'm going with all of the above but more so with McGee who I still feel was rogue and wasn't man enough to own it. Hope he stays driving for Uber for the rest of his life.

Reactions: Deeva
How about the effing ncaa and their indefensible inconsistencies in enforcement?

See? I did forget someone. The NCAA gave everyone else, after today's ruling and last week's Notre Dame ruling, as well as with the UNC ordeal, the blue print on how to defeat them at their own game. UofL cooperated- hammered. Notre Dame self reported- hammered. And, we all know what UNC did. They fought like hell. Not hammered.

See? I did forget someone. The NCAA gave everyone else, after today's ruling and last week's Notre Dame ruling, as well as with the UNC ordeal, the blue print on how to defeat them at their own game. UofL cooperated- hammered. Notre Dame self reported- hammered. And, we all know what UNC did. They fought like hell. Not hammered.
UNC would not have been touched no matter what they did in terms of cooperation and I doubt that not cooperating would have helped us. The NCAA or the people that run it have been wanting to do this to us for 35 years.

UNC would not have been touched no matter what they did in terms of cooperation and I doubt that not cooperating would have helped us. The NCAA or the people that run it have been wanting to do this to us for 35 years.

Your conspiracy theorist of the board, ladies and gentlemen. Please tell us more how our and Notre Dame's shoe deals have any impact on all of this?

Rogue SOB McGee?
Ho bag Powell?
Inept Smrt?
Pitino?
All the above?
Am I forgetting anyone?
Might as well add Grissom to the list.

Your conspiracy theorist of the board, ladies and gentlemen. Please tell us more how our and Notre Dame's shoe deals have any impact on all of this?
Already did. The NCAA gets a billion dollars a year from ESPN, much of which comes from Nike. You won't see Duke, UK or UNC have any problems.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Might as well add Grissom to the list.

Yes, he should have been included with Postel and Tyra. The Smrt deal is mind boggling. A former NCAA guy, and he had zero impact. Postel and Grissom didn't hire him, but they sure did keep him around. And for what? He brought nothing to the table.

Got a pack of sharpie’s and a poster board? Where to begin? Rick, McGee, Katina, Etc etc etc

Already did. The NCAA gets a billion dollars a year from ESPN, much of which comes from Nike. You won't see Duke, UK or UNC have any problems.

30550314f044d524962bfa95df8d92716d1b0fe65ee74f20c49e3cc5d086b972.jpg

What is your explanation for why UK, Duke and UNC do whatever they want now with no problems and we and Notre Dame get it shoved up our butt? Dude, UNC committed major academic fraud for years and they completely knew what was going on and they did not even get a reprimand? In fact the NCAA created their defense for them. We have a few hookers for an evening and get destroyed?

Reactions: Dukeman
What is your explanation for why UK, Duke and UNC do whatever they want now with no problems and we and Notre Dame get it shoved up our butt? Dude, UNC committed major academic fraud for years and they completely knew what was going on and they did not even get a reprimand? In fact the NCAA created their defense for them. We have a few hookers for an evening and get destroyed?
Didn't UK get hammered for sending $1000 to Chris Mills, something like 2 years probation,forfeit wins, 2 year post season ban, and even no televised games for 2 years?

Reactions: BlueElvis
Why, exactly?
The traditional old boy network programs, the ones that really run the NCAA, have always despised us for our accomplishments. They would have preferred we stay a mid major type program instead of building what we have now in so many sports. Now they can knock us back down where we belong.

Reactions: wilkie01
Didn't UK get hammered for sending $1000 to Chris Mills, something like 2 years probation,forfeit wins, 2 year post season ban, and even no televised games for 2 years?
They did but that was way before Nike took over the sport. Also they did a whole lot more than just send money to Mills. They sent money to lots of recruits and committed academic fraud.

They knew Crume paid players, but they never could provide it. Crume learned well at UCLA. They have been after us just like the were for UNLV.

They cheat better, hire better lawyers, fight like hell for what they believe in. Whereas, UofL admitted fault and begged for mercy. The "oh, gosh, we're sorry" defense was not the proper way to handle this. But, you previously said "the NCAA or the people that run it have been wanting to do this to us for 35 years." UK felt the NCAA's wrath during that same time frame. Their football more recently. So, your theory has holes.

They knew Crume paid players, but they never could provide it. Crume learned well at UCLA. They have been after us just like the were for UNLV.
I don't think we paid players all that much. I remember our players driving jalopies while UK players all had brand new cars.

Louisville should refuse to take down any banners until UNC-Cheat is made to take down banners.

As I see it Louisville's transgressions were very minor compared to what UNC was doing for over twenty years dating back to the Dean Smith years.

The NCAA never ceases to amaze.

[The traditional old boy network programs, the ones that really run the NCAA, have always despised us for our accomplishments. They would have preferred we stay a mid major type program instead of building what we have now in so many sports. Now they can knock us back down where we belong.[/QUOTE]

Get that from Alex Jones, did you. What a convenient excuse to explain something you don't like. Any examples of this evil conspiracy? I do believe the sanctions applied against us are draconian, but I fail to see it as a conspiracy. I think the disgust at the optics of skanky whores being delivered to teenagers led to the puritanical outcome.

Reactions: CardX
They cheat better, hire better lawyers, fight like hell for what they believe in. Whereas, UofL admitted fault and begged for mercy. The "oh, gosh, we're sorry" defense was not the proper way to handle this. But, you previously said "the NCAA or the people that run it have been wanting to do this to us for 35 years." UK felt the NCAA's wrath during that same time frame. Their football more recently. So, your theory has holes.
Nope. Duke and UK are no longer even approached by the NCAA now and yet most top players go there. And everyone knows how that system works now. My comment about the establishment including the NCAA wanting to hammer us for 35 years has nothing to do with the Nike situation. That is just the old network of good old boys resenting an upstart. You are merging two unrelated issues.

Let's see....less than 3 years after the Sypher fiasco....I vote Rick! This is his legacy. Denny.....ZERO scandals, at least, none that weren't Rick Forde induced.

Rogue SOB McGee?
Ho bag Powell?
Inept Smrt?
Pitino?
All the above?
Am I forgetting anyone?

I'm not mad at anyone. I'm pretty much done. I'm pretty sick of sports. I haven't watched one Louisville basketball game this year and I don't see that changing anytime soon. There are too many other things in life to take an interest in, I'm pretty much done with basketball. Stopped watching the NBA about 20 years ago. I stopped watching college games that weren't Louisville games about 10 years ago. I don't care anymore.

I'm not mad at anyone. I'm pretty much done. I'm pretty sick of sports. I haven't watched one Louisville basketball game this year and I don't see that changing anytime soon. There are too many other things in life to take an interest in, I'm pretty much done with basketball. Stopped watching the NBA about 20 years ago. I stopped watching college games that weren't Louisville games about 10 years ago. I don't care anymore.
I actually get that. I feel pretty much the same way about pro sports in general. Don't care for MLB baseball. Haven't watched a MLB game in 20+ years. Have to watch (kind of) the NBA because of my wife whenever her team is playing. I don't really care one way or the other if her team wins or not, and I haven't watched the NFL now for over 2 years and yes it has everything to do with the liberal policies the league wishes to keep in place. I respect their right to do that just like I respect my own right not to watch.

Dag DerVille, I thought I was the only one who hasn't watched or listened to a game this year. Still giving the love to our women's team, baseball and football though. Pretty psyched we got rid of Sirmon. I'll run back as fast as I can if we get rid of Padgett as head coach and hire Kevin Keatts.

Yes they did. But you have to remember UK was on the NCAA hit list for recruiting violations and booster activity during the Hall era. Go back to DJ Fitzmaurice investigation for the LHL. He exposed a lot of the aforementioned but his sources went silent when the NCAA came to town. The NCAA gave out a big Yatzee! when that Emery package busted open and hammered you. NTM former AD Cliff Hagan was told to ride off into the sunset.

Reactions: 1977 Cat
Yes they did. But you have to remember UK was on the NCAA hit list for recruiting violations and booster activity during the Hall era. Go back to DJ Fitzmaurice investigation for the LHL. He exposed a lot of the aforementioned but his sources went silent when the NCAA came to town. The NCAA gave out a big Yatzee! when that Emery package busted open and hammered you. NTM former AD Cliff Hagan was told to ride off into the sunset.
The point being was in reference to the poster that included UK with Duke and UNC* as far as being untouchable by the NCAA, which isn't even close to being true considering all the issues they have had.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT