ADVERTISEMENT

An in-depth analysis of last night’s game (took me a while to write)

mbwood

2000+
Mar 22, 2022
Has to be separated into multiple parts

1.) As some of you may know I’m one of the people on this board who really enjoy prospect scouting and player analysis. I decided to rewatch the entire game again this morning (yes I sat through the game twice) to just get a better feel for the players and overall game plan. First I just want to go player by player and give some of my insight on what I saw from them.

Skyy Clark: His shot still hasn’t been falling as he went 2/10 from the field and 1/6 from three, but he kept himself confident and composed throughout the entire game. Most of his misses were fairly easy buckets that he just failed to convert (chalk it up to first game jitters). He really flashed his driving ability by getting into the lane almost at will. Even though his shot wasn’t falling he consistently made the right passes and will absolutely be a much better facilitator and floor general than Ellis could ever be. Defensively he only had one steal but that does not tell the whole story. He’s a very underrated defender. He might not wow you with steals or deflections, but he stays attached to his man and makes sure to not give up an easy bucket. I’m excited to see what our offense can look like when he’s hitting his shots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News