ADVERTISEMENT

All Of You

It was inevitable the fans would receive the blame. Fans aren't even afterthoughts anymore. They don't care about us at all. We get zero consideration.

Until it all goes wrong, then we get the blame.

Payne said fans tearing down players made his job impossible. First, if he thinks his job is impossible he should step down tonight. Second, he's full on delusional if he thinks fans were upset with anybody else but him. We all feel terrible for players who have gotten no coaching from him.

Payne said fans tearing down players made his job impossible. First, if he thinks his job is impossible he should step down tonight. Second, he's full on delusional if he thinks fans were upset with anybody else but him. We all feel terrible for players who have gotten no coaching from him.
No one has torn down the players more than this moron himself! Every freaking post game presser was the same…”The players don’t do what I tell them to do”!

Reactions: BPGhost and rh62531
Excuses, excuses, I am the victim, it’s not my fault, I inherited a broken system. Sound familiar?
He did not inherit anything. He applied, interviewed, and was paid millions to accept the position he applied for.

That Chris Mack guy was a class act. He never said that even after losing SEVEN THOUSAND paying fans at his games!...

Can’t we all let the man leave with some dignity and self respect. Our program has been a grease fire for many years and I’m sure most of us thought Kenny could be our savior. It didn’t work out. The problems started way before the Payne regime walked in. I hope whoever is brought in can right the ship. I’m 60 and remember the good ole days. I want them back. It may never happen. We have been spoiled with Crum and Pitino. I’m sure what is happening 70 miles to our Southeast makes us all want to vomit. Let’s hope the basketball gods shine upon us so we don’t turn into Indiana, Georgetown, or UNLV. That is all. Goodnight!

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
Can’t we all let the man leave with some dignity and self respect. Our program has been a grease fire for many years and I’m sure most of us thought Kenny could be our savior.
Absolutely not and I was very hesitant about Payne, as were many others on here. Nike "recruiter" going to an addidas school? Name one successful former UL basketball player head coach in P5. Name a former successful Califairy head coach. There's 3, 3 big big strikes. Unfortunately he was worse than could be imagined. So Kenny can die a very public and well deserved death to his
head coaching foray. And our basketball program, despite what one other poster might think, has not been a grease fire. It was in trouble the end of Mack's term but it has been a graveyard for kp's tenure. So down for 2 1/2 years or so. Not a horrible length of time considering the disaster Pitino put us in and the 7 year death penalty from the aholes at the ncaa. Like someone said in another thread, kp would be a good neighbor but not a coach.
Good neighbor being at least 20 houses away.

Can’t we all let the man leave with some dignity and self respect. Our program has been a grease fire for many years and I’m sure most of us thought Kenny could be our savior. It didn’t work out. The problems started way before the Payne regime walked in. I hope whoever is brought in can right the ship. I’m 60 and remember the good ole days. I want them back. It may never happen. We have been spoiled with Crum and Pitino. I’m sure what is happening 70 miles to our Southeast makes us all want to vomit. Let’s hope the basketball gods shine upon us so we don’t turn into Indiana, Georgetown, or UNLV. That is all. Goodnight!
Eight posts in two years? Definitely a yut troll. The trashcanofentertainment likes it though.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
Eight posts in two years? Definitely a yut troll. The trashcanofentertainment likes it though.
I know more about Louisville basketball then you will know in a lifetime. If you are looking for a Troll, there’s one on Washington Street right next to the Yum Center.

Get used to the Payne Blame Trayne. Bozich is going to put a megaphone in front of the whole group of Payne supporters and they will let us know what they think of us fans for our lack of support.

No one is willing to take responsibility for the mess so the fans will get all the blame. We have no one to defend us, so it's easy to make us the target.

He is the one who chose the no dignity route. Not hard to see that.

Ken is defensive and this is not all that different from any other HC that struggled and is fired. We don't have much experience in this territory really, so this is all somewhat gripping. He's standing up for himself.

Mack just sorta quit without the noise, wanted his $, was beaten down.

Ken believes he's treated unfairly. Hey he's entitled to feel how he wants to feel. Maybe he and his bosses could have been more transparent from day one, he seems to feel all this was discussed and now claims things changed. Maybe they did? Maybe he was told he'd get all the time he needs, but under the expectations that he's not historically losing.

Maybe the goalposts moved when the jaw dropping # of losses piled up. And maybe every single fail on and off the court weighed it down, and maybe admin took a few things for granted.

He's walking with a lot of $. He sounds delusional in his pressers. When is the fans presser to respond?

Ken is defensive and this is not all that different from any other HC that struggled and is fired. We don't have much experience in this territory really, so this is all somewhat gripping. He's standing up for himself.

Ken believes he's treated unfairly. Hey he's entitled to feel how he wants to feel. Maybe he and his bosses could have been more transparent from day one, he seems to feel all this was discussed and now claims things changed. Maybe they did? Maybe he was told he'd get all the time he needs, but under the expectations that he's not historically losing.

Maybe the goalposts moved when the jaw dropping # of losses piled up. And maybe every single fail on and off the court weighed it down, and maybe admin took a few things for granted.

He's walking with a lot of $. He sounds delusional in his pressers. When is the fans presser to respond?
He is an idiot.

I wonder how the uk fans would have handled KP in the same scenario. KP should be happy he only got boos here.

I agree with this completely. It’s just nearly impossible to think that he could sincerely believe that he’s been treated unfairly. For every win he delivered, he’s been paid in excess of 800K - if anything - the university has been treated unfairly.

Had he gone 30-34 for example and then been fired - he might have a case but 12-52? C’mon Kenny…

I wonder how the uk fans would have handled KP in the same scenario. KP should be happy he only got boos here.
In truth, Payne has received the softer treatment of 12-52 because of who he is what he was as a player on a UofL championship team. If this was John Doe from wherever he would've been canned after the first season and definitely before this season ended.

The legend Denny Crum went 12-19 in his last season and was asked to retire with two national championships under his belt.

KP is no legend. Goodbye Kenny. Your final speech will seal your legacy here. Going out a whiner and not a winner is how you’ll be remembered.

I agree with this completely. It’s just nearly impossible to think that he could sincerely believe that he’s been treated unfairly. For every win he delivered, he’s been paid in excess of 800K - if anything - the university has been treated unfairly.

Had he gone 30-34 for example and then been fired - he might have a case but 12-52? C’mon Kenny…
I'm sure in initial negotiations it was agreed by those higher ups and Ken, take as long as you need to get it straight by doing it "the right way" by restoring the pride of the 60s/70s/80s, etc.

But both sides took some things for granted that they shouldn't have. They probably didn't expect the results to be this crappy, and they probably didn't expect the overall style of this thing being handled publicly so poorly from day one. The guy never connected with fans and didn't care. Now in the end he wants to remember some fans and how they didn't have his back.

My guy, you could have handed out free Vicodin, gotten the building packed, and that's getting you 2 or 3 more home wins maybe. But that's not how it works Ken. It is a result driven profession. And when you break your bread losing exh to a D2 team w/o their top players some fans are going to question your ability and may not want to put themselves through what you actually ended up putting them through.

So Ken actually may truly feel they moved goalposts. Such is life for many employees.

At the end of the day, it's hard for me to care too much about how he feels as he walks away with all this $ and projects his actual public statements he made about his players into accusing the fans of saying it.

He didn't do anything other than befriend players in a counselor style of relationship. Great. Unfortunately, the job requirements go beyond just that. And if this wasn't all captured at the beginning before contracts are signed, then sure blame more than just Ken. No problem. But Ken you still are getting some blame. Sorry.

Reactions: BPGhost
we need to do better on vetting coaching candidates and writing coaching contracts.
we gave KP way too much power over us. it was clear he was not the guy last year but the contract was so terrible we couldn't get out.

What is K-Pain talking about and inferring when he says, “his brothers didn’t have access to the program and he shouldn’t be talking about that.” Totally cryptic kajagoogoo spinning of the narrative as usual and it allows him to set himself up to play the victim card. I mean ALL cards on the table, if he truly has a beef with the administration just say it and quit shrouding your words to protect your failure as a coach.

What is K-Pain talking about and inferring when he says, “his brothers didn’t have access to the program and he shouldn’t be talking about that.” Totally cryptic kajagoogoo spinning of the narrative as usual and it allows him to set himself up to play the victim card. I mean ALL cards on the table, if he truly has a beef with the administration just say it and quit shrouding your words to protect your failure as a coach.
A deflection tactic. And also exposing some (who specically?) fformer players felt and now feel more disrespected.

Maybe they do. Not fans fault. He was given the opportunity. He had a miserable record.

Reactions: vegasville1
I don't think KP realized if you get the big chair at a school with the history of Louisville plus being in the ACC where you have multiple final four contenders every year that coach has to come in with his hair on fire. I think Louisville fans were pretty patient and understanding the first year, but the second yearwith no improvement was too much. 12 million buyout for 12 wins is hard to choke down, but it is what it is these days. Paynes ineffectiveness in coaching was a major shock. Never expected anything like that. His thin skinned responses were a surprise as well.

Ah well....some pretty good prospects out there. Oats at Bama has made that team repectable and UofL could likely get him a raise.
Pope at BYU could be a prospect, but I doubt that 'former UK player' sign on his neck would help him with the fans if he didn't win right away.

Good luck.

A deflection tactic. And also exposing some (who specically?) fformer players felt and now feel more disrespected.

Maybe they do. Not fans fault. He was given the opportunity. He had a miserable record.
You hear this talked about a lot - particularly right after coaching changes. I’m less interested in who than what, as in - what type of “access” do former players want and or need? Free game tickets? Weight room privileges and free lunches? An adidas tracksuit? An alumni locker room?

What do other alumni get and, why should it be different for former players? Seriously - I don’t get it.

Reactions: vegasville1
You hear this talked about a lot - particularly right after coaching changes. I’m less interested in who than what, as in - what type of “access” do former players want and or need? Free game tickets? Weight room privileges and free lunches? An adidas tracksuit? An alumni locker room?

What do other alumni get and, why should it be different for former players? Seriously - I don’t get it.
Two of our alums - KP and Milt - got paid for jobs they were ill-suited for. Another alum - Reece - got elevated to the staff at a top D1 level. Another alum - Pervis - had the opening to assist his university and his former teammate and did nothing.

Reactions: Art79 and BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT