ADVERTISEMENT

Adam Rittenberg from ESPN

Is saying that if UofL falls to UVA, expect a coaching change in bye week.

If this happens, I hope he coaches the rest of the season. A change appears inevitable but the players seem to like playing for Satterfield so for their sake I hope he gets to finish the season. I don't know what relieving the guy of his duties midseason accomplishes.

Reactions: earsky
Virginia loves to throw the ball around and they have a dual threat QB.

With the way the DBs have been playing, we may very well lose to VA.

IF they are planning to make a change in the event of a loss, that means they already have someone hired. I wonder who that person could be?

IF they are planning to make a change in the event of a loss, that means they already have someone hired.

Not necessarily. This clears the slate so that a search can begin. If he is being let go I hope they let him finish the season. Although he hasn't worked out I do think he'd finish out the season in good faith and his players appear to like playing for him.

Early signing period has pushed these coaching changes into the season. The signees need to know who they are playing for two months earlier - or to at least know that they won’t be playing for the current coach.

I agree the early signing period is speeding up these decisions. It is unfortunate. With everything that was riding on this season it is hard to explain Syracuse and BC. I still can’t explain it other than coaches/players didn’t have the urgency the season required.

How Vegas has Louisville favored is wild. They have better skilled players than Louisville. They play the games for a reason.

Not necessarily. This clears the slate so that a search can begin. If he is being let go I hope they let him finish the season. Although he hasn't worked out I do think he'd finish out the season in good faith and his players appear to like playing for him.
What they need to like is playing hard for him and winning. Petrino was undoubtedly a giant prick and I’m sure there were plenty of players that couldn’t stand him but, they played hard and with discipline and it translated into a boatload of wins.

If the locker room can’t muster a sense of urgency at this point for Satterfield - I have to question how much they really “like” him.

What they need to like is playing hard for him and winning. Petrino was undoubtedly a giant prick and I’m sure there were plenty of players that couldn’t stand him but, they played hard and with discipline and it translated into a boatload of wins.

If the locker room can’t muster a sense of urgency at this point for Satterfield - I have to question how much they really “like” him.
I think most players don’t want to be the ones who got the coach fired.

I think the buy week makes it interesting. I am expecting Louisville to get throttled today. Vegas is the only reason I think I maybe wrong. I don’t ever bet on a Louisville games but if I did this one it would be the ML on Virginia.

All Virginia needs to do on offense is commit to running the ball and throw in pass friendly situations. Louisville will not stop them.

I think if Virginia wins easily especially if the defense looks like trash again someone isn’t surviving the buy week.

With Malik out for today’s game all bets are off. We can only hope the Cards have “Pat White” moment and a backup QB comes in and torches Va.

I cannot watch all the college football games, so my observations are admittedly limited, but looking at the scores, it tells me there are no sure bets.

Doman may not “be Pat White”, and as he acknowledged himself, he is “no Malik Cunningham” ……. yet his performance yesterday shows what happens when a QB can make the right decisions and complete critical passing situations.

I agree the early signing period is speeding up these decisions. It is unfortunate. With everything that was riding on this season it is hard to explain Syracuse and BC. I still can’t explain it other than coaches/players didn’t have the urgency the season required.

How Vegas has Louisville favored is wild. They have better skilled players than Louisville. They play the games for a reason.
It’s easy to explain Syracuse, because they are a good team. I also think Satterfield and Cunningham got frustrated in the second half and forced passes that resulted in turnovers and a blowout score that did not reflect how even that game was.

BC was a complete head scratcher. It was like 4 key players on defense decided to take the game off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT