ADVERTISEMENT

AD Search

Haydenharris

One-Star Poster
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2021
Email from UL President:

Dear Cardinal Community,

I want to update you on the search for a new athletic director for the University of Louisville.

As I mentioned in a previous email, I am appointing two groups to assist in the search: the Athletic Director Search Planning Group and the Presidential Advisory Group.

The planning group will solicit feedback from their constituencies and share it with the search firm to help develop the final position description. Led by Faculty Senate Chair David Schultz and Volleyball Coach Dani Busboom Kelly, the group will ensure the concerns of our students, faculty, staff, alumni and the community are considered during the process.

Once the search firm has presented a list of finalists, the Presidential Advisory Group will review the list and share its feedback with me as I select the UofL AD. The advisory group will include the following members:

• Ulysses “Junior” Bridgeman, former NBA player and president/CEO of Bridgeman Foods and Bridgeman Sports Media
  • Darrell Griffith, former NBA player and current special assistant to the president at UofL
  • Kelsi Worrell Dahlia, Olympic gold medalist and world champion swimmer
  • Larry Benz, president/CEO of Confluent Health and UofL trustee
  • Harry Douglas, former NFL player and current ESPN analyst, radio and television host.

Each member has signed an agreement to help ensure confidentiality in the search. They have been asked not to meet individually with potential candidates or discuss the process with anyone outside of the advisory group and search firm.

I’m grateful to all the individuals who have stepped forward to assist me as I select the person to lead our athletic program into the future. These volunteers bring a wide variety of experience and perspectives, but each is deeply committed to the success of the University of Louisville and Cardinal Athletics.

We want to move on this relatively quickly, but responsibly. In the end, we want to position the new athletic director – and the athletic department – for success.

I look forward to sharing more information with you as we navigate this process.

Best wishes,

Lori Stewart Gonzalez

Interim President”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News